Author Topic: Welcome Back to Short Cut City FC  (Read 4397 times)

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
Re: Welcome Back to Short Cut City FC
« Reply #60 on: December 12, 2012, 03:23:23 PM »
Actually if you read the entire article it appears the whole competition is heading into short cut city.  :wallywink

:lol

Noooo!  We couldn't have actually thought through what we did - had any sort of clue about what we needed in the way of list structure, surely not.  There couldn't have been any sort of plan to add some versatility, depth and hardened experience while filling in some structural blanks, yet still adding more new youth than most other teams, to a team of kids that now needs to play competitive finals football in order to continue it's development towards success.  No, that's not how it works.  Because after all, all the paid professional fulltime employees in our football department are clueless compared to us.   ::)

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit. I should know ;D
Actually is a form of intelligence . . . idiots can't comprehend sarcasm  :shh

I know. That's why some people on here take issue with what I write even when I'm taking the pee.

Regards
Coach

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #61 on: December 12, 2012, 04:33:57 PM »
Just wanted to officially welcome back a long lost friend of the RFC over the last 3 years - so its a big welcome back to Short Cut City.

Great player is short cut problem is he has never worked out in the past and doubt anything will change this time.

So for Hardwick and Cameron this is it. The big play ... no finals gentlemen and you should both be at CENTRELINK at the end of 2013. Finals or the unemployment queue. What a shame the club has gotten this desperate. Anyway good luck to all the players.
Bearing in mind that GWS and Gold Coast have received so many priority picks etc, what would you suggest we did? We needed to delist a lot of our players and picking these ones up for very little $ would seem to be necessary to field a team, or is there something I am missing here?

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #62 on: December 12, 2012, 10:52:04 PM »
Dont mind Lonergan and Petterd, reckon Petterd is talented and could be a 3rd tall foil. Not happy about big O though but its done now
Im not overly either, that said , the ruck insurance absolutely needs to ready to go. We have developing options in vick and mcbean ..stepho is the insurance policy, he may very well barely pay a game
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #63 on: December 13, 2012, 02:22:47 AM »
O doesn't have to contribute to add value.

His presence on the list alone

A) allows vickery to play the forward role
b) forces Derickx/StephO genuine competition for the coburg/back up ruck role. Hopefully a season long battle for the #2 spot.
C) allows us to play mcbean in whatever position we prefer for him in the 2s, don't have to rush him when not ready
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 03:13:50 AM by Bentleigh-esque »

Ox

« Reply #64 on: December 13, 2012, 03:09:27 AM »
Short Cut City.

Is it like Car City except with acres of shortcuts?

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #65 on: December 13, 2012, 06:59:06 AM »
The more i think about it the more i like the selection of the big O. At his age he could only possibly clog our list for two years before his retirement, not the standard 5 or 6 years our other list cloggers have used up in the past.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #66 on: December 13, 2012, 07:23:09 AM »
Disagree with most people here.

No short cuts taken. Three of the "short cut" players taken are rookies.  They are not on the senior list.  They can be dismissed after one year and are on minimal coin.
The club has cleverly utilised changes in the rookie draft rules to get back up players.  I think that is excellent lateral thinking and I am sure other clubs will follow suit in coming years.

The question to all the smarties here is that if they just went for youth with the rookies how many of them will make it.  History says not many at all. Sure you can pick out the odd success here and there but in general there is a reason why these players have not been picked up in the ND by all 18 clubs.  You now must back your recruiters who are far more well resourced than in the past not to miss too many hidden gems.

Well done guys.  It's good to take the lead in new techniques and strategies and be a pace setter rather than a copy cat.  With this rookie draft and the heat training rather than altitude training it shows we are constantly looking outside the square for new solutions.

:gotigers
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #67 on: December 13, 2012, 09:11:45 AM »

b) forces Derickx/StephO genuine competition for the coburg/back up ruck role. Hopefully a season long battle for the #2 spot.

Derickx had that last season with Graham and Browne and couldn't get near either of them, despite getting senior games ahead of Browne mid-season.  He didn't deserve those games and he needs to improve a hell of a lot if he is to 'compete' with Stephenson for a spot.