Author Topic: Footy Classified  (Read 272787 times)

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Footy Classified
« Reply #765 on: March 30, 2010, 12:26:00 AM »
i turned it off early tonight

So did I.
Ratings & PAPer sales is the only thing feeding The journalist from Woman's Day's career.
I'm doing my bit by boycotting Caro. Figure that way I may have a chance of seeing her disappear.

Offline RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #766 on: March 30, 2010, 01:07:16 AM »
What upset me the most was these idiots talking about the Gold Coast Bulletin using Ablett to promote GC17. Both on this show and on One Week at a Time they all dismissed it and said it was OK.

Shows their stupidity when they don't understand the basics of an industry they work in or one they report on. The AFL and Clubs pay all players a fee to license the use of their name and image for promotional purposes. This is copyrighted intellectual property - a long recognised right in any media setting. The Bulletin have stolen the rights (of Ablett, his management, the AFL, it's sponsers, Geelong FC and it's sponsors) and used it for their own purposes. All parties have a legal right, and I think an obligation, to sue.

The thing that amazes me is that Quartermain, Walls, Darcy, Caro, Lyons and Hutchy have all now implied that it is OK to use their name and image for any similar purpose. I wonder whether that is the same viewpoint of the publishers and broadcasters for whom they work. Seems at odds with News corp charging for internet content.

Would like to ring Quartermain or Caro and say "I'm starting a new media company and I've decided to use your photo and name on publicity. You don't mind do you? Oh that's right I don't even have to ask."

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #767 on: March 30, 2010, 01:31:09 AM »
Doesn't the AFL technically own the rights to everything rather than the clubs? The guernseys, club names, club logos and other trademarks I was lead to believe were the property of the AFL thanks to all VFL clubs at the time handing all power to the commission in the mid-80s. If the AFL doesn't mind the publicity for the new Gold Coast club (Demetriou would love it) would Geelong have a leg to stand on legally? In the end it's a dodgy photoshop job and it's Ablett who can only end the speculation. He wouldn't want to sue his future employer that's for sure if he's going.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

jackstar is back again

« Reply #768 on: March 30, 2010, 04:50:10 AM »
Being over 7 goals down is better than 3 according to Hutchy  :stupid.

WP and I mentioned at the game that the media will only concentrate on the last quarter and the margin blowing out. If we had kept the margin to 4-5 goals as it was at 3/4 time then it would have made it hard for the journos to go to town on us as they are and comparing our performance to Melbourne who were 80 points down and totally non-competitive for 3 quarters until the Hawks took the pedal off in the last. The media just see both sides lost by 56 points and go both performances were the same without any context  ::).

Hey hold on a minute
We were terrible the other night, and were absolutely terrible in our last practice match, Of course the journos are going to have a whack a us.
Caro was right with one thing, both Richmond and Melbourne are in a mess

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #769 on: March 30, 2010, 07:28:49 AM »

WP and I mentioned at the game that the media will only concentrate on the last quarter and the margin blowing out. If we had kept the margin to 4-5 goals as it was at 3/4 time then it would have made it hard for the journos to go to town on us as they are and comparing our performance to Melbourne who were 80 points down and totally non-competitive for 3 quarters until the Hawks took the pedal off in the last. The media just see both sides lost by 56 points and go both performances were the same without any context  ::).

Yes we did say that and I stand by it  ;D

Absolutely no doubt in my mind that the media and some of our more feral fans would be lot calmer if we had lost by say 4-6 goals than the 9 that we did.

Facts are whether people want to admit it or not we were actually in the game until midway through the 3rd quarter. Should we have been? Probably not but reality is we were and that is a positive in my book

Hey hold on a minute
We were terrible the other night, and were absolutely terrible in our last practice match, Of course the journos are going to have a whack a us.

Yes we were terrible to get beaten by 56 points but I still think if you look at the game up until halftime - most people would have been OK with how things were going... the final quarter was pathetic but up until then things were where I expected

Bottom line is the vast majority on here us expect us to finish bottom 4 so why people are thinking the world is about to end beggars belief to be honest
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Ramps

« Reply #770 on: March 30, 2010, 07:46:25 AM »
I prefer to wait till r22 and see the benefit of a Griffiths and Astbury in the team in the key forward posts before passing judgement. If these boys come in and play well then that will augur well for the future. Also want to see Webberly play soon.

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #771 on: March 30, 2010, 08:27:50 AM »

Yes we did say that and I stand by it  ;D

Absolutely no doubt in my mind that the media and some of our more feral fans would be lot calmer if we had lost by say 4-6 goals than the 9 that we did.

Facts are whether people want to admit it or not we were actually in the game until midway through the 3rd quarter. Should we have been? Probably not but reality is we were and that is a positive in my book

Hey hold on a minute

Yes we were terrible to get beaten by 56 points but I still think if you look at the game up until halftime - most people would have been OK with how things were going... the final quarter was pathetic but up until then things were where I expected

Bottom line is the vast majority on here us expect us to finish bottom 4 so why people are thinking the world is about to end beggars belief to be honest

Yep, I agree with you and MT on this one WP. When I said dismissively that my highlight for the match was that it was over, I was being flippant and glib because I was so disappointed at losing yet again to the Carltank scum.
But the fact is that the game was very different to last year's humiliation.
That game was over before 1/4 time when we refused to fight back after being jumped.
This time round we hit back in the first, second and third terms after they got the drop on us at the start of every qtr. I really admired their ticker for that.  Who knows how much closer we would have gotten too, if they hadn't paid that stupid mark to Betts.
Yes, I was disgusted that they gave up in the last term, and allowed what should have been a 5-6 goal loss to blow out to nearly 10.
But it was typical of the media, with their Richmond-bashing agenda to focus in on this and completely dismiss how competitive we'd been for a large part of the game. Incidentally, I still think this game was lost at the selection table. If we'd gone in with more marking options in the fwd line (Post) and Rance down back instead of Moore, we'd have given ourselves a much greater chance.         

jackstar is back again

« Reply #772 on: March 30, 2010, 09:39:59 AM »
Rance down back is laughable :lol

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #773 on: March 30, 2010, 09:45:39 AM »
Well, he was against Hawthorn in the NAB Cup. But I haven't given up on him just yet.

TigerTimeII

« Reply #774 on: March 30, 2010, 09:56:13 AM »
rance is a major liability, he cant kick , cant mark cant handball

how the f was he recruited  :banghead :banghead :banghead

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #775 on: March 30, 2010, 10:06:12 AM »

Because as a junior he could play just fine.
He was U18 All Australian defender in 2007 and a real chance to go to the Dogs with Pick 5 in that draft but they went for a forward instead.

TigerTimeII

« Reply #776 on: March 30, 2010, 10:38:38 AM »

He was U18 All Australian defender in 2007 and a real chance to go to the Dogs with Pick 5 in that draft but they went for a forward instead.

bs
he couldnt kick then, he cant kick now and he will never adjust to the pace and standards of afl. u dont just forget how to kick and once u reach this age u cannot improve ur kicking

he cannot kick end of story

jackstar is back again

« Reply #777 on: March 30, 2010, 10:42:44 AM »

bs
he couldnt kick then, he cant kick now and he will never adjust to the pace and standards of afl. u dont just forget how to kick and once u reach this age u cannot improve ur kicking

Totally agree !
This kid got where he did , due to his surname,
Same as Ken Hunters kids who went to Melbourne a few years ago, TOTAL fool ! Cant play. :banghead :banghead :banghead

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #778 on: March 30, 2010, 11:29:41 AM »

bs

Rubbish, he was never a Luke Hodge with his kicking, but it was never as bad as it is now.
He was the best key defender in the draft at the time and we were in dire need of one. It was the right decision to take him.,

jackstar is back again

« Reply #779 on: March 30, 2010, 11:33:59 AM »

bs

Rubbish, he was never a Luke Hodge with his kicking, but it was never as bad as it is now.
He was the best key defender in the draft at the time and we were in dire need of one. It was the right decision to take him.,

wrong decision one would think if he cant get a game with the bottom team ::)