Author Topic: Footy Classified  (Read 272806 times)

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Footy Classified
« Reply #1245 on: March 19, 2012, 11:06:20 PM »
Ever the see the scene from scanners where the dudes head blows up?!?  :banghead :banghead
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1246 on: March 19, 2012, 11:08:16 PM »
I know he has come on to help clear his name but the way he is ranting he is hardly helping himself.

Sometimes its just better to admit you said the wrong thing and apologise. But the way his ranting, yelling and swearing is making himself look alot worse.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #1247 on: March 19, 2012, 11:11:53 PM »
Sometimes when something is still fresh you need to just stay quiet because it is just so hard to take the emotion out of a situation when it has affected you personally.
Like I said he shouldn't have fronted the media so quickly after he resigned because the way he has lashed out tonight and his apology seems unrepentant also.
I feel for him in a way but you just have to take care in what you say in a working environment.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #1248 on: March 19, 2012, 11:15:06 PM »
feel for the bloke. his comment about Andy.D whacking everyone had me in stitches though

gerkin greg

« Reply #1249 on: March 19, 2012, 11:23:00 PM »
Did you know Ron is Spanish for rum?

Tigermonk

« Reply #1250 on: March 19, 2012, 11:26:35 PM »
Matt Rendall is right, Its a huge Black problem

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1251 on: March 19, 2012, 11:33:37 PM »
Bravo Matt Rendell. Said what most are thinking. Too many talented aboriginals being lost to the game atm.
Someone needs to fix it rather than throw mud.

tony_montana

« Reply #1252 on: March 19, 2012, 11:41:29 PM »
Good on him, stick to your guns, he feels very strongly that hes been misrepresented and is not backing down. Reckon hes been very harshly treated

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #1253 on: March 19, 2012, 11:42:22 PM »
yep, Andrew has just made an example out of the bloke. Was hoping Thomas would really tear the fat prick a new one.

tony_montana

« Reply #1254 on: March 19, 2012, 11:48:17 PM »
Oh yeah, Caro  ::) typical sensationalist journo looking for a headline, takes one little quote and ignores the rest of what is said. He quite clearly explained the context of that comment as in to make a point of what may happen, NOT that it was a policy of the AFC per se.

10 FLAGS

« Reply #1255 on: March 19, 2012, 11:50:18 PM »
that it took 2 months after the event for it to come out is not right and I feel very sad for Rendell.

dwaino

« Reply #1256 on: March 20, 2012, 12:29:19 AM »
Wishing I watched Footy Classified now. Anyone catch On the Couch? Andy D was on, and when they were drilling him on this subject I've never seen a bloke on telly in such a search for words.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1257 on: March 20, 2012, 03:50:37 AM »
The obligatory Richmond 'Good Call/Bad Call' question last night was whether the Tigers went too early re-signing Hardwick?

Grant Thomas said no it was a good move by the RFC. Hardwick has impressed him as a senior coach and has grown into the role and in fact is probably ahead with the young playing group Richmond has.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1258 on: March 20, 2012, 07:30:57 AM »
I know he has come on to help clear his name but the way he is ranting he is hardly helping himself.

Sometimes its just better to admit you said the wrong thing and apologise. But the way his ranting, yelling and swearing is making himself look alot worse.

Totally disagree. It's good to see passion as it shows how much this means to him. Most people watching would have felt for him. He showed he actually cares more than most about indigenous Australians. If you listened to the context in how it was said, the guy never should have been sacked.
That intellectual minnow Lyon couldn't quite understand as he said it's not just indigenous people that are in that situation. Well, we all know that Garry. But in this situation that's who we are talking about. According to Lyon's logic we shouldn't have separate strategies for indigenous health etc as other people have health problems too!
Is anyone going to come out and say our health policy is racist on that basis? I don't think so!
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

gerkin greg

« Reply #1259 on: March 20, 2012, 09:50:58 AM »
Give him a job Brendon