Author Topic: Changes for the Dees game next week?  (Read 7055 times)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Changes for the Dees game next week?
« Reply #45 on: April 18, 2017, 03:17:49 PM »
Is Miles quick enough for tackling, pressure and moving the ball quickly? Is his disposal clean?

Is his contested ball winning worth it or is he almost a man down in these areas above?

Yes. Not the quickest bloke but he is more than adequate in those areas. Second only behind Cotchin in tackles last year (4.5 tackles compared to 4.6) and always applied pressure. Speed may let him down slightly but not in the grand scheme of things. His disposal is excellent as well.

On another note, Elton can't even hit a stuffing handball in the right spot so I'm conceding Griffiths in for Elton

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #46 on: April 18, 2017, 04:16:31 PM »
Out: Elton, Menadue
In: Griffiths, Miles.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #47 on: April 18, 2017, 05:27:31 PM »
Is Miles quick enough for tackling, pressure and moving the ball quickly? Is his disposal clean?

Is his contested ball winning worth it or is he almost a man down in these areas above?

Yes. Not the quickest bloke but he is more than adequate in those areas. Second only behind Cotchin in tackles last year (4.5 tackles compared to 4.6) and always applied pressure. Speed may let him down slightly but not in the grand scheme of things. His disposal is excellent as well.

On another note, Elton can't even hit a stuffing handball in the right spot so I'm conceding Griffiths in for Elton

Thank you for entertaining my question.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #48 on: April 18, 2017, 08:01:31 PM »
Perfectly answering you mean

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #49 on: April 18, 2017, 08:04:43 PM »
Perfectly answering you mean

No I do not
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #50 on: April 18, 2017, 11:02:03 PM »

So after 63 very uninspiring games of AFL footy with him basically knocking himself out every other week, and having kicked a grand total of 42 goals, you haven't seen enough of him to put a line through his name?
Don't worry, it's only a rhetorical question
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 06:58:44 AM by WilliamPowell »

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2017, 12:08:37 AM »

So after 63 very uninspiring games of AFL footy with him basically knocking himself out every other week, and having kicked a grand total of 42 goals, you haven't seen enough of him to put a line through his name?
Don't worry, it's only a rhetorical question

Never said I haven't put a line through his name but at this stage he is still superior to Elton. Not that I'd expect you to understand ::)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 06:59:10 AM by WilliamPowell »

Offline sdc01

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #52 on: April 19, 2017, 07:51:47 AM »
both hacks that should never play again...simple

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #53 on: April 19, 2017, 07:58:32 PM »
Anyone else see the report on Dusty getting a scan for groin soreness?

Any inside word?

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #54 on: April 19, 2017, 08:27:18 PM »
Worrying. We're stuffed without Dusty.

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #55 on: April 19, 2017, 11:55:23 PM »
80% Dusty in the forward line would still kick 4-6 goals.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #56 on: April 20, 2017, 12:12:15 AM »
Anyone else see the report on Dusty getting a scan for groin soreness?

Any inside word?
Here's the Ch7 report on Dusty and Houli.

VIDEO: https://twitter.com/7NewsMelbourne/status/854618347299684353

Dustin Martin reveals he is battling groin soreness, in what is a fresh injury concern for the @Richmond_FC superstar. @Stevo7AFL

Dusty was off to see the doc with the scans but told Mark Stevens he'll be right to play. A 8-day break helps.

Houli said he was just in for "old man's syndrome". A general check-up. Mark Stevens said Bachar's a certainty to play.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tigers expect 'durable' Dusty to face Demons (afl site)
« Reply #57 on: April 20, 2017, 02:24:20 PM »
Tigers expect 'durable' Dusty to face Demons

Nathan Schmook 
afl.com.au
April 20, 2017 1:50 PM

RICHMOND is confident star midfielder Dustin Martin will be fit to take on Melbourne in Monday's Anzac Day eve clash at the MCG as he recovers from groin soreness.

Martin, who was below his best against the Brisbane Lions in round four, underwent scans on Wednesday and told Channel Seven: "I've just got a bit of a sore groin … I should be fine".

The Tigers have an eight-day break before taking on the Demons, which should help the 25-year-old, who was able to complete a running session on Thursday morning.

"Dusty is (one of) our most durable players at the football club, and I think most teams would have him on one leg anyway," captain Trent Cotchin said on Thursday.

"I think he'll come up fine, he'll train on the weekend and it's one of those ones that you wait and see how it plays out.

"I don't think it's anything too significant … it's just a time thing."

Tall forward Ben Griffiths is also available for selection against the 2-2 Demons after missing two matches with concussion.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-04-20/tigers-expect-durable-dustin-martin-to-play-against-melbourne

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #58 on: April 20, 2017, 06:50:31 PM »
Richmond v Melbourne at the MCG, 7.25pm AEST

Teams will be announced at 5pm on Saturday, April 22

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-04-20/round-five-teams-named

Jackstar 1960

« Reply #59 on: April 20, 2017, 07:02:17 PM »
VFL play on Sat afternoon so easy to work out team