Author Topic: Bachar Houli [merged]  (Read 334635 times)

Jackstar is back again

Re: Bachar Houli [merged]
« Reply #570 on: September 05, 2011, 07:30:55 AM »
We get a player for nothing from another club and he shows everyone how the game should be played.great year by Bachar.supporters love him.even chases his own ball. .well done

10 FLAGS

« Reply #571 on: September 05, 2011, 08:42:13 AM »
Have to admit hes  been very good in his first season at Richmond

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #572 on: September 05, 2011, 01:56:48 PM »
Love him.

Get stuffed Essendon
Go Tigers!

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #573 on: September 05, 2011, 09:25:12 PM »
We get a player for nothing from another club and he shows everyone how the game should be played.great year by Bachar.supporters love him.even chases his own ball. .well done

Love Bacher, take it Hird
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #574 on: December 19, 2011, 12:01:57 PM »
Richmond's Bachar Houli was a surprise nomination as an elite [by Champion Data], but while his data sample was small, his five games for Essendon in 2010 were solid and his numbers at the Tigers this year don't lie.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/stats-show-hawthorn-has-the-most-talent-laden-list/story-e6frf9jf-1226224741457

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #575 on: December 19, 2011, 03:44:19 PM »
With Ellis. Morris. Dea.  You would think houli will be asked to move up to wing/forward line.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #576 on: December 19, 2011, 03:50:18 PM »
Richmond's Bachar Houli was a surprise nomination as an elite [by Champion Data], but while his data sample was small, his five games for Essendon in 2010 were solid and his numbers at the Tigers this year don't lie.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/stats-show-hawthorn-has-the-most-talent-laden-list/story-e6frf9jf-1226224741457
:shh
Jimmy goldenballs gave the one of the only two elite players to Richmond for free.  :shh :shh

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #577 on: December 19, 2011, 04:02:15 PM »
With Ellis. Morris. Dea.  You would think houli will be asked to move up to wing/forward line.

I think running defender role is the perpect position for Houli. It exploits all of his strengths and allows him to move up to the wing to penetrate the F50 on the attack. Not a real in and under type but has beautiful poise and skills. Has more run than Dea though Morris could be great here too unless the coaches are grooming hom for the midfield rotations.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #578 on: December 19, 2011, 04:04:36 PM »
I thought Morris was a back pocket?

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #579 on: December 19, 2011, 04:11:01 PM »
Morris. Rance. Grimes
Ellis. Post. Batchelor.

Even without dea if Ellis is in the side the is only 3 spots in the backline. ( or even of he isn't. You'd assume we'd play ey least 3 kpp).

It's a good sign to find new back man and more our better players (deledio,
Newman, houli, conca) into more forward/midrotation
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 06:17:52 PM by Bentleigh-esque »

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #580 on: December 19, 2011, 04:48:17 PM »
I think Newman would move before Houli, purely because Newman would work better there.

dwaino

« Reply #581 on: December 19, 2011, 05:56:41 PM »

I think running defender role is the perpect position for Houli. It exploits all of his strengths and allows him to move up to the wing to penetrate the F50 on the attack. Not a real in and under type but has beautiful poise and skills. Has more run than Dea though Morris could be great here too unless the coaches are grooming hom for the midfield rotations.

I'm a big fan of Houli off the bank flank too. Mind you, if someone like Ellis was able to in time play to the level of Houli, I'd love to see him play off a wing as well. Though I still think he's one of the best we have for the HBF job at the moment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xodsPPbN4Xg I love at 0:50 how he first dealt with his immediate opponent, then accelerated for some room and then looked up to assess the options instead of just blazing away. And I reckon it's pretty vivid in most people's memories, but the goal at 1:10  :cheers

The Bummer tards at work still reckon Houli is a dud.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #582 on: December 19, 2011, 06:04:18 PM »
 :lol poor simple fools.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #583 on: December 19, 2011, 07:02:29 PM »
Great vid
Reminding me of a great game, was great weather that arvo and took my duaghter to her first game  ;D
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Houli happy in new home (RFC)
« Reply #584 on: December 30, 2011, 01:42:05 PM »
Houli happy in new home

By Adrian Ceddia
richmondfc.com.au
Fri 30 Dec, 2011

The following article was featured in the 2011 Fighting Tiger Yearbook.

It was just as well Bachar Houli invited two tables full of family and friends to the Richmond Best and Fairest this year.

Richmond’s 2010 pre-season draft recruit didn’t turn up to Crown Palladium anticipating a top-five finish in the Jack Dyer Medal, but by the end of the night, after a whirlwind first season at Tigerland, he was on the stage accepting the Fred Swift Medal for his fourth placing.

“To be honest, it was probably one of the greatest moments of my life,” Houli said.

“Footy is not an individual sport, but to come from another club, play 22 games, and achieve what I did, is hard to describe.

“I’m rapt to be recognised in the top five this year, but I know I haven’t reached my peak yet, and I want to do everything I can to help Richmond achieve success.”

Read more and full article at: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/127592/default.aspx