Author Topic: Bachar Houli [merged]  (Read 334540 times)

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
Re: Bachar Houli [merged]
« Reply #660 on: March 15, 2012, 01:39:53 PM »
In the spirit of citing sacred texts to inspire our troops, I offer you
SECTION CCXXXVI OF THE SACRED MAHABARATHA

(Khandava-daha Parva continued)

"Vaisampayana said, 'Mandapala then addressed his children, saying, 'I had spoken unto Agni for the safety of you all. The illustrious deity had
assured me that he would grant my wish. At those words of Agni, and knowing the virtuous disposition of your mother, as also the great energy that is in yourselves, I came not here earlier. Therefore, ye sons, do not harbour in your hearts any resentment towards me. Ye are all Rishis acquainted with the Vedas. Even Agni knoweth you well.'

"Vaisampayana continued, 'Having given such assurances unto his sons, the Brahmana Mandapala took with him his wife and sons, and leaving that region, went away to some other country.

"It was thus that the illustrious god of fierce rays, having grown in strength consumed the forest of Khandava with the help of Krishna and Arjuna, for the good of the world. And Agni having drunk several rivers of fat and marrow, became highly gratified, and showed himself to Arjuna. Then Purandara, surrounded by the Maruts, descended from the firmament and addressing Partha and Kesava said, 'Ye have achieved a feat that a celestial even could not. Ask ye each a boon that is not obtainable by any man. I have been gratified with you.'

"Vaisampayana continued, 'Then Partha asked from Indra all his weapons. At this Sakra of great splendour, having fixed the time for giving them, said, 'When the illustrious Madhava becomes pleased with thee, then, O son of Pandu, I will give thee all my weapons! O prince of Kuru's race, I shall know when the time cometh. Even for thy austere asceticism I will give thee all my weapons of fire and all my Vayavya weapons, and thou also wilt accept them all of me.' Then Vasudeva asked that his friendship with Arjuna might be eternal. The chief of the celestials granted unto the intelligent Krishna the boon he desired. And having granted these boons unto Krishna and Arjuna, the lord of the Maruts, accompanied by the celestials, ascended to heaven, having also spoken to Hutasana (one whose food is sacrificial butter). Agni also, having burnt that forest with its animals and birds for five and ten days, became gratified and ceased to burn. Having eaten flesh in abundance and drunk fat and blood, he became highly gratified, and addressing Achyuta and Arjuna said, 'I have been gratified by you two tigers among men. At my command, ye heroes, ye shall be competent to go wheresoever ye choose!' Thus addressed by the illustrious Agni, Arjuna and Vasudeva and the Danava Maya also--these three,--having wandered a little at last sat themselves down on the delightful banks of a river.'"

END OF ADI PARVA
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #661 on: March 15, 2012, 03:44:30 PM »
Surely this is Craig Cameron's last contracted year?

Nah, haven't you read all the posts Stripes?  Francis Jackson and Craig Cameron are totally to blame for our lack of premiership success thus far and must have totally lucked onto Houli.

Since 2005 when Jackson joined = P Bowden, Humm, Polak, Kingsley, Morton, McMahon, Cartledge, Collard
Since 2008 when Cameron joined = Cousins, Thomson, Hislop, Farmer.
Since 2010 when Hartley joined = Miller, Houli, Grigg, A Maric, I Maric,

Yeah makes one wonder why the club is wasting money employing Hartley when Jackson and Cameron are getting all these good players from other clubs.
Their records clearly speak for themselves don't they?

Fingerbanging post RT  :thumbsup

I take it you guys don't rate our current list then?  Between them they have overseen a complete list rebuild and have been responsible for recruiting every single player on it except for Jackson, Moore, Newman and Tuck.  The best recruiter in the land will not land every 'fish' but I think their record in building our current list speaks volumes of their performance.  And with Hartley as well it will only get better.

Cameron is poo. Jackson has done ok in the drafts.

End of. and the Coach says END OF. K? We understood, guys?

Back to Houli. Back on topic ppl :banghead

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #662 on: March 15, 2012, 04:21:32 PM »
That's all very well and good, but what about the finger banging?

gerkin greg

« Reply #663 on: March 15, 2012, 04:58:10 PM »
Surely this is Craig Cameron's last contracted year?

Nah, haven't you read all the posts Stripes?  Francis Jackson and Craig Cameron are totally to blame for our lack of premiership success thus far and must have totally lucked onto Houli.

Since 2005 when Jackson joined = P Bowden, Humm, Polak, Kingsley, Morton, McMahon, Cartledge, Collard
Since 2008 when Cameron joined = Cousins, Thomson, Hislop, Farmer.
Since 2010 when Hartley joined = Miller, Houli, Grigg, A Maric, I Maric,

Yeah makes one wonder why the club is wasting money employing Hartley when Jackson and Cameron are getting all these good players from other clubs.
Their records clearly speak for themselves don't they?

Fingerbanging post RT  :thumbsup

I take it you guys don't rate our current list then?  Between them they have overseen a complete list rebuild and have been responsible for recruiting every single player on it except for Jackson, Moore, Newman and Tuck.  The best recruiter in the land will not land every 'fish' but I think their record in building our current list speaks volumes of their performance.  And with Hartley as well it will only get better.

Cameron is poo. Jackson has done ok in the drafts.

End of. and the Coach says END OF. K? We understood, guys?

Back to Houli. Back on topic ppl :banghead

Pretty much this.
No real issue with FJ, although i think we'd be better served with him working under someone who is more experienced (read has a proven record at recruiting premiership teams).
Cameron is just a donkey.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #664 on: March 15, 2012, 05:00:13 PM »
This mahabaratha isn't a bad read actually I'm digging it, but it is pretty long.
Lots of people name their swords......

gerkin greg

« Reply #665 on: March 15, 2012, 05:01:06 PM »
go fall off a bike you clown

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #666 on: March 15, 2012, 05:13:17 PM »
the type of player recruited is dictated by the coach. It's then up to the recruiters to deliver the goods.

You can see a real difference in type being recruited under dimma to that under wallet.

they also now take into consideration the character of the person. they want people who strive to succeed, who hate being beaten, because these are the type of person more likely to make the grade.

They have complete spyche tests done, they have medicals, they have people meeting watching them, meeting them.

FJ started as part time, coaching a junior team on saturdays.

his job is to eye talent and now there are systems in place to sort out the other attribuutes required,  he does seem to have a good eye.

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #667 on: March 15, 2012, 05:25:54 PM »
CC highly regarded at RFC. :cheers

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #668 on: March 15, 2012, 08:46:07 PM »
the type of player recruited is dictated by the coach.

Is that right? Why didn't we rookie Serhat Temel when I was talking him up a few years ago. The Coach does not always get his way, al.

Offline RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #669 on: March 15, 2012, 08:46:50 PM »

IMO the list is a lot better than it was but could have been much better with obvious picks, like the ones listed below for example.
And they have been responsible for recruiting every other player who has been delisted. Do you want them listed as well? It's not pretty.

he may have started at the club in 2005 (?) but it was in a part time capacity and not as head of recruiting. His job during that time was watching kids running around in the TAC Cup. So to blame him for the trading for and drafting of re-cycled players in 2005 is a nonsense.

Even if you are part time I would have thought you look at measures like who was picked by junior selectors, rather than your own "vibe" even more so if you can't see them personally.
Passed on Hurn - AIS, SA captain, AA, SANFL premier (2). Took JON
Passed on Swallow - AIS, WA captain, AA. Took Casserley
Took Hughes - AA so at least he had the record if not the character.

good analysis Redan, you do leave out an all too important fact though...who employed Hartley to do the role ::)...ive never seen Bart Cummings in silks, a good manager knows where to put the sq pegs in the sq holes and ensure the job gets done...thats quality management :shh

Hardwick recruited Hartley to join the coaching panel as the Opposition and List Analysit when he got the job after the draft in 2009.

they also now take into consideration the character of the person. they want people who strive to succeed, who hate being beaten, because these are the type of person more likely to make the grade.

It is a huge indictment that you admit they now consider character.
Note that it is only since Hartley joined that there has been comparison of ALL players (junior, major leagues, AFL etc) on an equal "objective" basis - it's in the Richo interview with Jackson.

Get Bondy back from Freo!
And add in Brad Lloyd who apparently still lives in Melbourne.

I apologise about the tangent but to give credit to Cameron and Jackson for Houli and ignore Hartley is unfair and must be corrected.
It is a pity it was sidetracked to push other agendas since Houli deserves his own thread praising him for his efforts on and off field.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #670 on: March 15, 2012, 09:30:24 PM »
do you know dimma appointed him redan or are you trying to piece 2 and 2 together, would be unusual for the coach to make off field dept appointments other than assistant coaches, even that would be rattified by directors
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #671 on: March 15, 2012, 09:36:46 PM »
what are you on about redan?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #672 on: March 15, 2012, 09:48:43 PM »

IMO the list is a lot better than it was but could have been much better with obvious picks, like the ones listed below for example.
And they have been responsible for recruiting every other player who has been delisted. Do you want them listed as well? It's not pretty.

What is also not pretty is other recruiting efforts using your example.  Chris Pelchen, the 'doyen' of recruiters apparently, took Beau Dowler before Mitch Clark, Shaun Higgins and Shannon Hurn.  Or Beau Muston before Bernie Vince or Sam Gilbert.  Geelong's recruiter (who must have been half decent given recent history) took Stephen Owen before Andrew Swallow or Alipate Carlisle.  The same Collingwood recruiter who took Thomas and Pendlebury also took Danny Stanley and Ryan Cook before Vince or Gilbert.

I can't agree with your point RT that Jackson and Cameron are at any fault other than 'rub of the green' when it comes to how many failures they have had since being in charge.  Every single recruiter and football department head will have wins and loses when it comes to recruiting - it's impossible and implausible to think otherwise, and I think when viewed in fair comparison with their peers then they have achieved above the odds.  Our current list is testament to that.

he may have started at the club in 2005 (?) but it was in a part time capacity and not as head of recruiting. His job during that time was watching kids running around in the TAC Cup. So to blame him for the trading for and drafting of re-cycled players in 2005 is a nonsense.

Even if you are part time I would have thought you look at measures like who was picked by junior selectors, rather than your own "vibe" even more so if you can't see them personally.

But here is another of the myths that become legends.  As a part time recruiter Jackson was only ever responsible for identifying talent and passing it to those who actually made the 'keep or pass' decisions - was it still Miller maybe in '06?  It is unfair to place blame at Jackson's feet unless he came out and said this is my #1 choice, the one I wanted.  Did he actually ever do or say that? (And I'm asking seriously because I don't know - he may well have).

Offline RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #673 on: March 16, 2012, 01:16:50 AM »
Bachar has clearly shown that the decision to recruit him, particularly given that we got him for a PSD pick, was a great coup for Richmond.
He has shown, not only with his on-field efforts but also off-field with his family support of the club and exemplary character, that he is one of the most valuable recruits we have got in the last few years.

May it continue for a long time.
You deserve all the best Bachar, well done.

For the information of Whoajangles17, this is the thread about Hartley's appointment.
http://oneeyed-richmond.com/forum/index.php?topic=10414.msg169442#msg169442
AGAIN....stop spoiling a well deserved thread acknowledging a player by trying to score (IMO undeserved) points for staff.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #674 on: March 16, 2012, 07:02:34 AM »

[/quote]

I take your point but my original response was in regard to re-cycled players not "junior selections" - big difference.

And I still believe that blame Jackson a part time recruiter in 2005 who's job it was to watch the "juniors" for the misses regarding re-cycled players recruited at that time is a nonsense
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)