Author Topic: Bachar Houli [merged]  (Read 334567 times)

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
Re: Bachar Houli [merged]
« Reply #705 on: April 19, 2012, 06:29:00 PM »
I'd like to know what the AFL will do if multiple people from different religions try and enter the room at the same time.

What of this scenario at the last game of the year Hawthorn v West Coast. Whichever team wins will cement a top 4 position the other will finish 7th and have to play a knockout final against the swans in Sydney.... 

Ali Muhammad is a devout Muslim but a passionate west coast supporter finds that it is nearing mid afternoon so he must haste to the comfort of the MCG prayer room for prayers.     

At the same time Mr & Mrs Vindaloo devout west coast supporters venture down to the prayer room with a small idol of the great lord ganesha. 

Already at the prayer room is Depat Papadum a mad hawks supporter is preparing his voice ready for his hare Krishna sing song. 

And lastly a transvestite couple Mr & Mrs Deep, both typically gay Hawthorn supporters and devout Buddhists, are already in the prayer room....
 Ramim & Sukim (formerly Paul & Steve) having only recently converted to Buddhism thanks to a retreat at the beautiful Vajrapani Institute in California after meeting at the gay buddist fellowship in San Francisco where they married, were keen to offer up prayers to the Buddha shrine already set up on the wall especially since the hawks were behind on the score board. 
Unfortunately for Ali Muhammad, it was the same wall  that is facing Mecca. 
Now Ali has a serious problem. There are women in the room. So he politely asks Mrs Vindaloo to kindly move to the womans room. Mr Vindaloo doesn't take kindly to Ali's request and he asks why? Meanwhile Depat Pappadum has already started singing and Sukim (formely Steve) didn't realise that there was a female room and starts to pack up their Buddha to move into the woman only area with Ramim (formerly Paul).
Ali is pleased they are leaving but he is unable to pray with any idol present. as Mr Vindaloo has already begun to  set up a shrine to  the great lord Ganesha in the corner. 

....Like I already said RIDICULOUS!!!
And it's BS it's for "all religions".       
The club that keeps giving.

Ruanaidh

« Reply #706 on: April 19, 2012, 06:30:42 PM »
I'd like to know what the AFL will do if multiple people from different religions try and enter the room at the same time.

What of this scenario at the last game of the year Hawthorn v West Coast. Whichever team wins will cement a top 4 position the other will finish 7th and have to play a knockout final against the swans in Sydney....

Ali Muhammad is a devout Muslim but a passionate west coast supporter finds that it is nearing mid afternoon so he must haste to the comfort of the MCG prayer room for prayers.     

At the same time Mr & Mrs Vindaloo devout west coast supporters venture down to the prayer room with a small idol of the great lord ganesha.

Already at the prayer room is Depat Papadum a mad hawks supporter is preparing his voice ready for his hare Krishna sing song.

And lastly a transvestite couple Mr & Mrs Deep, both typically gay Hawthorn supporters and devout Buddhists, are already in the prayer room....
 Ramim & Sukim (formerly Paul & Steve) having only recently converted to Buddhism thanks to a retreat at the beautiful Vajrapani Institute in California after meeting at the gay buddist fellowship in San Francisco where they married, were keen to offer up prayers to the Buddha shrine already set up on the wall especially since the hawks were behind on the score board.
Unfortunately for Ali Muhammad, it was the same wall  that is facing Mecca.
Now Ali has a serious problem. There are women in the room. So he politely asks Mrs Vindaloo to kindly move to the womans room. Mr Vindaloo doesn't take kindly to Ali's request and he asks why? Meanwhile Depat Pappadum has already started singing and Sukim (formely Steve) didn't realise that there was a female room and starts to pack up their Buddha to move into the woman only area with Ramim (formerly Paul).
Ali is pleased they are leaving but he is unable to pray with any idol present. as Mr Vindaloo has already begun to  set up a shrine to  the great lord Ganesha in the corner.

:lol :clapping

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #707 on: April 19, 2012, 06:36:58 PM »

Unfortunately for Ali Muhammad, it was the same wall  that is facing Mecca.
Ali is pleased they are leaving but he is unable to pray with any idol present. as Mr Vindaloo has already begun to  set up a shrine to  the great lord Ganesha in the corner.

Your pig ignorant, bigoted outrage aside,  we run these rooms at every Institution I have worked and we have never had an issue.  The only issue seems to be with people like you blatting off your pooper valve in outraged indignation at anything other than what you think is 'right' and 'proper'.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #708 on: April 19, 2012, 06:40:37 PM »
obviously some cant do the Christian thing and turn the the other cheek.

what skin is it of anyone's nose if they set aside a room for people to pray in?

lets go to war over it. bring back the crusdaes and the spanish inquisition

effing idiots
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

dwaino

« Reply #709 on: April 19, 2012, 06:46:52 PM »
I think I agree with Tigra's POV maybe without agreeing with what he said, or how he said it. It was only a couple weeks ago that secular Australia was arguing for a game on Good Friday. Australia is constitutionally secular and I would love to keep our sport that way. I understand that there are prayer rooms at places like transport terminals for example, in my industry I've never ever seen any thing of the sort so I guess I can't say too much about it. But my first thoughts when I heard it today on the radio was, "what's next?" As someone with a bit of a black mark in my past (think Romper Stomper or American History X), I always saw the biggest problem with racial and religious creed was the segregation and 'us and them.' I'm sure if Tigra's 'Depat Papadum' came and sat next to me at the footy in his Richmond colours, I wouldn't give a stuff his beliefs or background and we could barrack together. IMO the lines need to be erased, not emphasised.

Ruanaidh

« Reply #710 on: April 19, 2012, 06:53:02 PM »
Your pig ignorant, bigoted outrage aside,  we run these rooms at every Institution I have worked and we have never had an issue.  The only issue seems to be with people like you blatting off your pooper valve in outraged indignation at anything other than what you think is 'right' and 'proper'.

I would have thought that theists were more inherently imbued with those characteristics than say.... atheists... or those with a universal take on spirituality. I have also found theists are usually humourless and do not respond well to satire ;) Did I say that IMO they are also soooooo boring.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 09:45:34 PM by WilliamPowell »

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #711 on: April 19, 2012, 07:06:09 PM »
I think I agree with Tigra's POV maybe without agreeing with what he said, or how he said it. It was only a couple weeks ago that secular Australia was arguing for a game on Good Friday. Australia is constitutionally secular and I would love to keep our sport that way. I understand that there are prayer rooms at places like transport terminals for example, in my industry I've never ever seen any thing of the sort so I guess I can't say too much about it. But my first thoughts when I heard it today on the radio was, "what's next?" As someone with a bit of a black mark in my past (think Romper Stomper or American History X), I always saw the biggest problem with racial and religious creed was the segregation and 'us and them.' I'm sure if Tigra's 'Depat Papadum' came and sat next to me at the footy in his Richmond colours, I wouldn't give a stuff his beliefs or background and we could barrack together. IMO the lines need to be erased, not emphasised.

it's only people carrying on about it that creates lines of division, or us and them. what do you lose if there is a room for someone of a different faith to go and pray?

the whole purpose of it is so those that don't go to the footy because their religious beliefs say they have to pray so many times a day, have an outlet to do so. If someone else wants to go and pray to their baby killing, spiteful, jealous god in the same room they wont be banned.

how the eff this affects anyone else has got me beat? no one loses anything. you dont have to go and watch them pray, in fact you wont even know they are doing it, as opposed to them having to do it in the car park or the public dunnies or whether they do it now.

whatever happened to live and let live? as long as they dont push their pox beliefs beliefs down anyone else's throat, who gives an eff?

dwaino

« Reply #712 on: April 19, 2012, 07:14:10 PM »
So should we stop Friday night games then, because the Jewish folk cannot go since they are having their Shabbat meal?

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #713 on: April 19, 2012, 07:18:40 PM »
I would have thought that theists were more inherently imbued with those characteristics than say.... atheists... or those with a universal take on spirituality. I have also found theists are usually humourless and do not respond well to satire ;) Did I say that IMO they are also soooooo boring.
I am an atheist as a matter of fact but whats next some stuffing black face routines paying out on drag queens or we could just posse up and burn down a mosque.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 09:45:59 PM by WilliamPowell »
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #714 on: April 19, 2012, 07:22:19 PM »
So should we stop Friday night games then, because the Jewish folk cannot go since they are having their Shabbat meal?
actually saturday games are the problems  for Abraham's descendants,  Yahweh's chosen people. (rember joe the jew saying he could attend a GF if melbourne made it?)
the problem with that argument is that it changes so much, yet putting 1 room aside affects you how?

Ruanaidh

« Reply #715 on: April 19, 2012, 07:26:16 PM »

it's only people carrying on about it that creates lines of division, or us and them. what do you lose if there is a room for someone of a different faith to go and pray?

the whole purpose of it is so those that don't go to the footy because their religious beliefs say they have to pray so many times a day, have an outlet to do so. If someone else wants to go and pray to their baby killing, spiteful, jealous god in the same room they wont be banned.

how the eff this affects anyone else has got me beat? no one loses anything. you dont have to go and watch them pray, in fact you wont even know they are doing it, as opposed to them having to do it in the car park or the public dunnies or whether they do it now.

whatever happened to live and let live? as long as they dont push their pox beliefs beliefs down anyone else's throat, who gives an eff?
Well said Al :thumbsup....I suppose the secular among us are over wary because....well history has taught us that it is wise to be so. Just had a thought: what about juxtaposition at the 3 breaks!: One line to the pub and another to prayer - the cartoonists in a non-pc world would have a field-day.

dwaino

« Reply #716 on: April 19, 2012, 07:27:29 PM »
actually saturday games are the problems  for Abraham's descendants,  Yahweh's chosen people. (rember joe the jew saying he could attend a GF if melbourne made it?)
the problem with that argument is that it changes so much, yet putting 1 room aside affects you how?

The Shabbat starts Friday evening at sun down and goes into Saturday arvo.

And don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that I'm against this at all. But I'm wondering why we are catering for some, but not all. It's all good and well for you, me, and the rest of OER to say we don't give a stuff but I know from first hand experience that it is only a matter of time until there is an issue. It's all or none as far as I'm concerned.

Ruanaidh

« Reply #717 on: April 19, 2012, 07:29:58 PM »
I am an atheist as a matter of fact but whats next some stuffing black face routines paying out on drag queens or we could just posse up and burn down a mosque.
I'm sure Mr Tigra would cop a bit of satire at his expense - I think you are reading too much into it. There are dangers I agree, but a world without satire would be more dangerous. 
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 09:46:50 PM by WilliamPowell »

gerkin greg

« Reply #718 on: April 19, 2012, 07:34:34 PM »
These rooms already exist. Funny how no-one had an issue until they became aware of them.

This aggression will not stand man.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #719 on: April 19, 2012, 07:37:14 PM »
Geez is coming back