Author Topic: How do we fix the culture that will stop us from achieving anything like today?  (Read 4368 times)

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
If you review what happened from round 13 onwards
Not only we win 9 straight but all the KPI,s show we were Miles ahead of all clubs
Eg Contested Balls etc etc etc
Reckon there will be huge improvement from the group collectively and individually
Think they will trade out to fix areas of need
Think our best back 6 is very good collectively and that's what counts
Round 13 onwards proves that even without Astbury
Forget about what happened in Adelaide
We ain't far off
Thus you can understand the garbage thàt was dished up for the first 13 rounds and the frustrations from supporters etc
Top 4 is a lock in
yeah, but even if we do make the finals in 2015 we will wee ourselves yet again
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Jackstar is back!!!

Well I reckon you are all wrong
Bit if " tweaking" over the pre season and we will be top 4

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
what kind of tweaking ? Change of gameplan ?

Rampstar

a kidney transplant, a lung transplant and a new pancreas would just about do it I reckon

Jackstar is back!!!

Just developing of players further
Lennon, Miles etc

Gigantor

Jack who do you think has more upside ,Vickery or griff?

Jackstar is back!!!

Griffiths

Gigantor

LOL jack...any particular reasons for this opinion.I'm interested in what you have to say otherwise I wouldn't have asked

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
Lennon won't make it. Mrakov's big call

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Not only we win 9 straight but all the KPI,s show we were Miles ahead of all clubs
Reckon there will be huge improvement from the group collectively and individually
We ain't far off
Thus you can understand the garbage thàt was dished up for the first 13 rounds and the frustrations from supporters etc
Top 4 is a lock in

Understand your points Jack

But I just think there a couple of players that right now are in the 22 every week regardless that I believe aren't going to get any better.

IMHO it is these types we need to upgrade on for us to become a top 4 side

Unless we are prepared to do that I question whether we can become a consistent top 4 side
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
We ain't far off
Top 4 is a lock in

Chaplin is one of the worst tall defenders going around and yet Astbury and/or Grimes will probable miss games to allow chaplin in the team
Morris cant kick much and his body falls apart constantly as hes not been allowed to have it fixed
Houli is too soft for the backline
Pettard and Newman are probable not up to it

Vlastuin should be playing on the ball and Rance is usual asked to do too much.

We really should be been using the hbf to develop some kids like Lennon rather than not play him or expect him to do something as a 10 min burst sub

Could be wrong - But i think without most Martin, Deledio, Vlastuin, Rance playing defence, the backlike looks very vulnerable. Then of course you are robbing peter to pay paul

We were last this season for a reason. it was not by coincidence i dont think

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
IDGAF!

WE HAVE CHRIS NEWMAN !!!!! :gotigers
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
We don't have poo or a prayer, and it ain't fair
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

the claw

Just developing of players further
Lennon, Miles etc
how much more upside do you want from miles ffs he went at nearly 25 disposals a game. 4.5 tackles 6.6 clearances 11.1 cp. thats comparable with cotchins yr which statistically was his second best so far. we want to hope miles can reproduce his season instead of expecting even more.hes now going to get plenty of work put into him by other clubs.
as for lennon we damn well had better get some improvement from him but fair dinkum what sort of impact do we really expect from what will be a second yr med fwd.
lack of depth, lack of quality and lack of proper list structure will again be a big problem.

we lack a real good inside mid big bodied bugger, we lack  a super quick highly skilled hard running mid.the reality is we should be looking to double that but hey one step at a time.
welack  2 quality  sml/med fwd. we lack 1 genuine kpf, we lack 1 tall fwd, we lack   2 kpds, we lack  1 decent  mature ruckman,we lack  1 junior ruckman, we lack 2 sml / med defenders, 
 it all cant be done in one yr and then you have development time. what im saying is we need proper list structure and a hell of a lot of depth. one injury to one good player in each category and we are up the proverbial creek without a paddle.

i have a question for all. of the 36 players left on the list how many do people envision being there by the start of say 2018 and who.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Buy a new culture that's how, buy the best, buy the winning culture!!!!! When we have paid for it, keep it coming in!!!! We pay for what we have, we have a mediocre culture that is reflected on field with mediocre players, other than the usual 7 or 8..

Get some balls RFC and buy talent that will turn our culture, FFS we don't even a grain of arrogance like the Swans, Hawks, Power, Dockers or Eagles, even North has more arrogance than us. We lost our smidgen of arrogance when King retired.!!!!! Pay for it!!!!!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"