Author Topic: How do we fix the culture that will stop us from achieving anything like today?  (Read 4375 times)

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
Currently stopping us from winning meaningless elimination finals...
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
A mid to stand alongside cotch and miles better than conca, foley or Edwards would be an excellent start  ::)
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
We can bitch and moan a lot that should help

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
A mid to stand alongside cotch and miles better than conca, foley or Edwards would be an excellent start  ::)
Shiel?
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Better inside mids.

Better captain. Cotchin would play better without that burden trust me. He's no Hodge.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Doing the fundamentals of the game better and for longer than everyone else - Teamwork (gut-running in numbers to always be in support for your teammate both offensively and defensively), executing skills under pressure on the big stage, tackling pressure, ruthless aggression at the ball and ballcarrier and a killer instinct once you get on top to finish off the opposition.

We still lack most of the above so we lack the ability to go to the elite levels the best teams do. Our running game is one way (forward but not back), our tackling numbers are generally in the AFL's bottom 4 unless it's wet, we fumble and make too many basic mistakes (even in our wins), and we switch off during games and play according to our opposition which means we rarely win as easily as we should once we reach a decent lead. While the 9 wins in a row was a great effort, it didn't hide our glaring deficiencies in both technique and personnel that were exposed for all to see for the second year in a row in an Elimination Final.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
After seeing the Hawks today at the top of their game you just realise list wise how far we are off the pace. The skill level across their squad is exceptional as is the work ethic. We really need to weed out the weaknesses as to succeed at the top level you just cannot have a weak link in the chain. You also wonder how they can be consistently in the top 4 but still recruit players who have such impact, again really shows how well we need to recruit in the future. Speed of the outside runners is also another clear feature of the Hawks game, a number of times Smith or Hill just ran around players into open space, we dont have anyone like that, we need to rectify this ASAP.

Rampstar

We wont be winning any flag for a long time, the successful dna gene that existed in our club in the late 60s through to the early 80s was lost when we started importing poo trucks from Collingwood and everywhere else. We have become a losers club. We will be like Footscray and St Kilda. Will be just exist in the AFL but we will never win anything, not unless we bring in a better administration, coaches and players.

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
We wont be winning any flag for a long time, the successful dna gene that existed in our club in the late 60s through to the early 80s was lost when we started importing poo trucks from Collingwood and everywhere else. We have become a losers club. We will be like Footscray and St Kilda. Will be just exist in the AFL but we will never win anything, not unless we bring in a better administration, coaches and players.
i think our administration is ok ramps. Our recruiting needs to take more risks on X factor types in late rounds of the draft.

the claw

sort of what i was gunna say except i will add some good reasons why we should be a succesful club if we do as you suggest. i disagree with the admin comment if you are implying actual running of the club. if you mean footy dept then i agree totally.

in the past we havent had the money or resources to competre and it has shown in our history for the past 30 yrs.

i think we have to acknowledge the things they have done well and that is
turn the club around financially to the point where there are no excuses for not  going out and getting the best of personell. they continue to grow the club in most areas off field. they have set up some of the best training facilities in the country.and we are no longer percieved as a cut and slash club at the drop of the hat we do give people ample opportunity to do a good job. we can do more but off field id say they have done well.

its the footy dept and player side of things that need to be overhauled again, or simply put we need to again improve in these critical areas. yes there has been some improvement in these areas but nowhere near enough.
recruiting list management and because of the first two  development continues to be a problem. we must get a whole lot better in these areas first and foremost if we wish to create anything remorely like sustainable success and creating a winning culture.

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
There's no way the hawks are 11 goals better than the rest of the competition. The battle is putting yourself in a position to get there. That's what we need to work on, a double chance.

Jackstar is back!!!

Actually disagree
We aren't far off it
Add 2 players through trade
It's all about belief
And I honestly think they are starting to believe
Forget about what happened in Adelaide
Reckon top 4 in 2015 will be a lock in

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years

Actually disagree
We aren't far off it
It's all about belief
Give the man a cigar  :thumbsup :clapping
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame

Actually disagree
We aren't far off it
It's all about belief
Give the man a cigar  :thumbsup :clapping
How about an apple?  Cigars are bad for your health Bo.