Author Topic: Richmond vs W.Bulldogs - Round 7, 2017  (Read 7140 times)

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
Re: Richmond vs W.Bulldogs - Round 7, 2017
« Reply #270 on: May 06, 2017, 10:05:39 PM »
THey do that because everytime they ride the tackle they get pinged for not getting rid of it.  Adelaide were playing rugby last week through all our tackles and getting away with it so that theory doesn't hold water.  I think that our team is held in contempt.
Lots of people name their swords......

Ruanaidh

« Reply #271 on: May 06, 2017, 10:07:22 PM »
Out-coached and out-umpired. Bolton needs to come in for Castagna and Butler needs to be put on notice. I reckon Elton is improving each week and should be persevered with.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #272 on: May 06, 2017, 10:07:51 PM »
Its the umpires interpretations. And they area bunch off ring lickers.

There i said it. 
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #273 on: May 06, 2017, 10:09:00 PM »
Devastating loss.

Missed nank. Soldo not AFL level, Elton probably his best game but still crucial mistakes. Lambert crucial mistakes. Cotchins marks in that last quarter were brilliant. Riewoldt brilliant. Castagna needs a rest or a drop for stengle or Bolton.
Cotchin had to take those marks he was playing spare man in defence in the last few minutes. If he didn't take those he might as well give the game away. Otherwise he was absolutely terrible all game.
Really... YAAW

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #274 on: May 06, 2017, 10:09:09 PM »
Dumb last couple of minutes but umps had too much say I think
Frees  13 - 25.

The replay showed Short fumbled the ball. He tried to second grab it and it squirted out of his hands and across the line. It wasn't deliberate  ::).

In any case, we still had more than enough chances to win the game. We were up by 32 pts at once stage. Our decision making and disposal inside 50 after 1/4 time was pathetic and we fumbled and dropped marks at crucial times around the ground. Too many Tigers crumbled under pressure once again. As I said not good enough! The Dogs also killed us in the clearances because we didn't protect the defensive side at stoppages. Not sure why this wasn't addressed during the game when it was so obvious.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #275 on: May 06, 2017, 10:11:14 PM »
It kills me when they always find a loose player out the back that always has no pressure shot at goal. So much for being able to stop momentum. The defensive structures collapsed when we needed it most

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #276 on: May 06, 2017, 10:11:34 PM »
Frees  13 - 25.

The replay showed Short fumbled the ball. He tried to second grab it and it squirted out of his hands and across the line. It wasn't deliberate  ::).

In any case, we still had more than enough chances to win the game. We were up by 32 pts at once stage. Our decision making and disposal inside 50 after 1/4 time was pathetic and we fumbled and dropped marks at crucial times around the ground. Too many Tigers crumbled under pressure once again. As I said not good enough! The Dogs also killed us in the clearances because we didn't protect the defensive side at stoppages. Not sure why this wasn't addressed during the game when it was so obvious.

Because Hardwick is a heap of sheep poo that's why
« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 11:21:25 PM by one-eyed »
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #277 on: May 06, 2017, 10:12:48 PM »
Devastating loss.

Cotchins marks in that last quarter were brilliant.

Youve got to be kidding? Hewas playing loose in defence without a man.

If thats 'brilliant' for a so called champion you may as well give it away
Losing Floss hurt us as that was his role. Cotch went back because everyone else that was tried was useless and dropping those marks. We just have too many players who fail at the basics of the game when it matters and fumble and drop straightforward marks at this level.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #278 on: May 06, 2017, 10:13:10 PM »
Out-coached and out-umpired. Bolton needs to come in for Castagna and Butler needs to be put on notice. I reckon Elton is improving each week and should be persevered with.
I'd keep Butler in but lasagna castagna needs to learn a lesson in the twos.

I must admit I was super impressed with Elton too.

I'd bring in Lloyd or Stengle at this stage and drop Lasagna.
The club that keeps giving.

tony_montana

« Reply #279 on: May 06, 2017, 10:14:13 PM »
Wish I could run throu the tape with certain players to highlight the amount of fumbles and dropped marks. Apart from Ashbury and rance and occasionally grimes do we have another defender that floats across to take intercept marks? No we don't,

I'm really dirty on houli tonight, there is a 1v1 on the wing with 90 secs to go houli is the FREE man and floats across and instead of doing what good players do and that is take a strong but simple mark he opts to go one handed and spoil over the boundary. Until that mindset changes we WILL NEVER be a top side, I can guarantee you Wood, Bob Murphy or any other dogs defender would've taken that mark.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #280 on: May 06, 2017, 10:14:55 PM »
Frees  13 - 25.

Spot on.

Offline Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #281 on: May 06, 2017, 10:19:23 PM »
There were a couple of game changing scraps where we were manic at the ball but all that is wasted if we don't win the ball. On each occasion the Dogs were already lined up to win the ball and break away and on each occasion that's what they did. The reason they did it is because in those clutch situations we are so hell bent on putting pressure on the man with the ball that we commit too many numbers and forget about the players without the ball. We got caught so many times and yet no apparent change to the structure through the game and it really hurt us in the end. Freo next week could make or break our season, after going 5 zip if we lose next week then we could end up 5-5 and our confidence will be shot. Currently i still think we are a rough diamond, we know how to do it but our execution is still too far behind the better teams especially during those important moments.

tony_montana

« Reply #282 on: May 06, 2017, 10:20:31 PM »
Seriously this team does not understand the rules, the Dogs and other teams hold onto the ball when tackled and with the interpretation change it's mostly no prior opportunity. We on the other hand try the miracle handball or kick and get pinged every time. That's why we are losing free kick counts, other teams have adjusted and we are clueless.

Bingo

glad I'm not the only one that sees that

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #283 on: May 06, 2017, 10:35:39 PM »
After a sloppy first half, the Bulldogs won this game in the second half by converting their Intercept Possessions to points. They outscored the Tigers by 26 points from Intercepts in the second half.

http://www.afl.com.au/match-centre/2017/7/wb-v-rich

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #284 on: May 07, 2017, 12:09:11 AM »
Just so disappointing. But at least we didn't capitulate like last week

We just make stupid decisions at crucial times.

3qtr, Butler & Castagna really poor decisions, simple turn overs and soft goals to the opposition

Final qtr: Lamberts kick in hope inside forward 50, helicopter job marked by Bontempelli, dumb decision. The Elton drop  :banghead , handballs when we should kick.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)