Author Topic: Season so far?  (Read 3756 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Season so far?
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2008, 05:13:56 PM »
I was expecting 2 wins from the first 8 due to the draw so we're just above that. We're mostly playing a good brand of footy (since R4) but our starts, dumb goal costing turnovers and inexperience are still letting us down which is the reason we have 10 points instead of 16.

Senior players Richo, Browny, Simmo and Sugar are performing well. It helps when they aren't injured. Foley and Kingy haven't dropped away from last year. Moore, Blingers and Jack have improved greatly. Whitey is starting to step up in senior footy and Morton has been a bargain get.

Still a long long way to go for us and we're still a bottom 8 side but you can't knock the desperation and enthusiasm. It's good going to the footy knowing we will fight it out until the end rather than rolling over when 3-4 goals down like in the past.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2008, 09:47:20 PM »
i am not jack u fruitloop.

if u want to see who i am go to coburg almost every week and u will see me sitting in the stands eating hot dogs.

if someone doesn't agree with u and ur mates, its an automatic reference to jack.

understand everyone is entitled to an opinion and this guy is a dud

Hey were you the guy who featured on "The Panel" about 5 or 6 years ago standing in the background at a Punt Rd press conference with Spud.  You were eating dim sims, one after the other reckon you had about a dozen in a row and washed it down with a can of coke. One of the funniest things I have ever seen at a coaches press conference
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2008, 09:51:38 PM »

if u want to see who i am go to coburg almost every week and u will see me sitting in the stands eating hot dogs.

if someone doesn't agree with u and ur mates, its an automatic reference to jack.

Hey were you the guy who featured on "The Panel" about 5 or 6 years ago standing in the background at a Punt Rd press conference with Spud.  You were eating dim sims, one after the other reckon you had about a dozen in a row and washed it down with a can of coke. One of the funniest things I have ever seen at a coaches press conference

quite partial to a good dimmy..prefer the homemade ones not the ones made from cat leftovers.
perhaps there might be some in 2 weeks time.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2008, 10:28:56 PM »

Agree I find Jordy weak also fellas. If it makes ppl on this forum sick so be it cos I can't stand the way he hits stationary targets and his lack of aggression and tackling. Did anyone watch on the couch last night other than the clinical dressing down given to Mark Harvey, as Robert Walls was very very scathing on Jordan McMahon and rightly so. Hey despite my stance on Bowden also hasn't he been dropped for a similar lack of aggression.

Anyway back to the topic I would love to see us win 4 out of our next block of 7 that should leave us in a mid table position and provide a very good launching pad for the remainder of the year to not only meet but possibly exceed team goals for the year and possibly set the foundations for a launching pad next year.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2008, 11:26:32 AM »
yes HT 74 i did see on the couch.

they singled out jordy and his lack of agression and accountabitlity.

its not something that we didn't know really
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Little Jackie

« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2008, 11:32:45 AM »

Total waste of a draft pick is Jordon Mcmahon. Might be Coburg bound very soon!

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2008, 01:07:18 PM »
I rated it as good.
Looking past the win/loss ratio, I have seen an enormous amount of improvement in this side.
I like what I see. 8)

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2008, 01:15:39 PM »

Personal request to you Jack

I am one of the more elder members of this forum (not long standing by just old) and as such I am as a rule more paitinet and forgiving. And even though I do agree with some of what you say I dont need to hear the same things 10 times a day. Please for the good of the forum could you keep to topic and only post how crap Jordy or TW or Sarge is once a day. Do you realy want to drive faithfull tigers away from this forum?? Please Jack, we know you stance, we dont need it in every topic.    :banghead   
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Offline Mopsy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Once a Tiger always a Tiger
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2008, 07:36:53 PM »

Well put Fluffy and 'thank you' :thumbsup

I am one of the more elder members of this forum (not long standing by just old) and as such I am as a rule more paitinet and forgiving. And even though I do agree with some of what you say I dont need to hear the same things 10 times a day. Please for the good of the forum could you keep to topic and only post how crap Jordy or TW or Sarge is once a day. Do you realy want to drive faithfull tigers away from this forum?? Please Jack, we know you stance, we dont need it in every topic.    :banghead   

Little Jackie

« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2008, 07:42:18 PM »

Love your avatar Fluffy :thumbsup ;)

Ramps

« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2008, 09:04:47 PM »

Thanks brother :thumbsup

All Hail the Brotherhood  :clapping

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Dermie reckons we'll finish above the bottom 3
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2008, 12:56:36 PM »
Robbo, Brereton and Thomas are going through the teams at the moment on SEN. Robbo says we're probably where expected in terms of wins but there's being a big change in attitude and that's what has impressed him and why he classes us as performing as better than expected.

Dermie had us in the bottom 3 at the start of the year and now he thinks we'll finish just outside that. He's expecting us to fall away between rounds 12-18 because we won't be able to keep up the high intensity we are playing at.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
Re: Dermie reckons we'll finish above the bottom 3
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2008, 10:49:46 PM »
Dermie had us in the bottom 3 at the start of the year and now he thinks we'll finish just outside that. He's expecting us to fall away between rounds 12-18 because we won't be able to keep up the high intensity we are playing at.

Rounds 12 - 18

MELBOURNE
PORT ADELAIDE
CARLTON
WEST COAST EAGLES
ESSENDON
BRISBANE LIONS
GEELONG

Didn't think too hard about that one did we Kermie

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2008, 11:23:59 PM »
We're mostly playing a good brand of footy (since R4) but our starts, dumb goal costing turnovers and inexperience are still letting us down which is the reason we have 10 points instead of 16.

Senior players Richo, Browny, Simmo and Sugar are performing well. It helps when they aren't injured. Foley and Kingy haven't dropped away from last year. Moore, Blingers and Jack have improved greatly. Whitey is starting to step up in senior footy and Morton has been a bargain get.

Still a long long way to go for us and we're still a bottom 8 side but you can't knock the desperation and enthusiasm. It's good going to the footy knowing we will fight it out until the end rather than rolling over when 3-4 goals down like in the past.

Couldn't have put it better - right on the button.

Senior players leaving their positive influence - check,
No soft tissues injuries from mismanagement - Check
Junior leaders developing into game influencers - check,
Fitness base increasing - check,
Young draftees developing at Coburg - check,
Pressure to draft for a perceived finals window denied - check,
Young draftees given time to increase body & game strategy - check.

Well, I believe that the coach may deserve a mandate to fulfill his contractual term.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Dermie reckons we'll finish above the bottom 3
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2008, 02:32:36 AM »

Rounds 12 - 18

MELBOURNE
PORT ADELAIDE
CARLTON
WEST COAST EAGLES
ESSENDON
BRISBANE LIONS
GEELONG

Didn't think too hard about that one did we Kermie
:lol

Not that I think we will but there is a tiny window of opportunity if we were to get on a confidence roll. Having said that I still only get 11.5 wins (some iffy) which is probably 9th again  :-X.

Geelong         L
Essendon      W
Sydney  (A)   L
Adelaide (H)  W
Melbourne      W
Port Adel (A)  L
Carlton            W
West Coast (A) W  - if the Eagles play like they have been.
Essendon         W
Brisbane (H)     W
Geelong           L
Adelaide (A)     L
Hawthorn         L
Fremantle (H)   W
Melbourne        W
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd