Author Topic: Malthouse to Richmond on 4 year deal - 3aw  (Read 2880 times)

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Malthouse to Richmond on 4 year deal - 3aw
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2009, 10:45:14 AM »
Very good at motivating and developing his team and breaking down the oppositions game plan all things we are poor on.   :-\

Stripes

Offline tigers1974

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2009, 12:38:26 PM »
 :cheersPersonally this is what i have wanted b4 we appointed frawley. This could be a very good thing for football and Richmond, it will be a wonderful story to see B.Cousins coached by his 1st coach again because we all know he was his favorite son. Also a great story to see M.Malthouse finish his career at tigerland where he was such an instumentle part of successful teams through our golden era. The only other thing left to do is make K.Sheedy president so when Mick is done we can get M.knights back and from there we need to train and keep our own coaches so we never get into this mess that has taken(and were still not out of it) 29 yrs and 13 coaches to find the right person. :banghead

Offline tigers1974

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2009, 12:45:46 PM »
i distintivley remember a post match press conference after our 1st match under T.W, we beat collingwood and M.Malthouse said "if your going to coach like that then you have to be prepared to get smashed going the other way. 5 years later well i guess you were right Mick  :bow

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2009, 01:01:09 PM »
i distintivley remember a post match press conference after our 1st match under T.W, we beat collingwood and M.Malthouse said "if your going to coach like that then you have to be prepared to get smashed going the other way. 5 years later well i guess you were right Mick  :bow

Talk about people in glass houses.

How did last night go Mick.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2009, 01:18:13 PM »
That was the first NAB cup game we played and we lost the match, so your distinct memory isn't very good
The comment from Malthouse was that Terry was always trying to keep attacking to increase the margin so it always gave you an opportunity to hurt them the other way.

Offline tigers1974

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2009, 01:35:38 PM »
That was the first NAB cup game we played and we lost the match, so your distinct memory isn't very good
The comment from Malthouse was that Terry was always trying to keep attacking to increase the margin so it always gave you an opportunity to hurt them the other way.

i stand corrected but ive had a few froffys since then so please excuse my extinct memory :wallywink

Offline TigerTime

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2009, 01:43:38 PM »
im not saying mick is my coach of choice, just saying what i heard.

i like the rumor that worsfold will be coaching us next year......i wish. he would be ideal , young and successful

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2009, 02:00:21 PM »
im not saying mick is my coach of choice, just saying what i heard.

i like the rumor that worsfold will be coaching us next year......i wish. he would be ideal , young and successful
Haven't heard that one before.Where are you getting your info-the local hair salon...one thing I can say for sure.Worsfold and Cousins will never be at the same club again
Unleash the tornado