Author Topic: Richmond vs Melbourne - Round 8, 2013  (Read 13301 times)

Hellenic Tiger

Re: Richmond vs Melbourne - Round 8, 2013
« Reply #90 on: May 18, 2013, 03:16:17 PM »
We should expect a comfortable win but the Dees will be well and truly switched on for this game and there intent should not be underestimated. I think we should still win well because individual focus often comes crashing down when you don't get reward for effort so the first quarter will be a massive indicator for the rest of the game. Break them early on the score board and the cards will tumble but if they are in the game still at quarter time then we will have to fight out the win.

A massive margin is not a given despite last weeks results
C'mon lets get serious here. 
We must take this opportunity to not only boost our percentage but to really work to our strengths & game plan.
 We should systematically demoralize. We should decimate. We should cut to shreds. We should run rings around. We should post a big score. We should dishearten their supporter, discourage their coach, depress the Hairy Malaka, weaken the teams resolve, rattle their defence, unnerve their forwards, psych out their midfielders, disempower their new CEO, dispirit David Schwarz & deject every supporter around the camp fire at a ski lodge.
.....And we should do all this in the first quarter.
Melbourne is an absolute rabble and we should do exactly what the bummers and the suns have already done to them.

Tucker just wants to root them into oblivion all  ;D

Those filthy and dirty footy clubs?
I wouldn't root them with if I had your middle finger at my disposal Ramps.
Just like I wouldn't bet on Tom Waterhouse even with other people's money.
I would obliterate them (The Toffs and Skataboners) beyond human recognition though.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #91 on: May 18, 2013, 03:29:26 PM »
Neeld is already pulling out excuses a day before the game has even started  :whistle.

---------------------------------------------------

The Demons coach spoke of the need for fans to remain patient, as the club's youngsters continue to develop.

Neeld said research had found premiership teams were made up of players with an average of 110 games of experience.

The Demons will have 13 players under 50 games running out against the Tigers on Sunday.

To put it in perspective, though, ladder-leaders Geelong will have nine players with less than 50 games experience in its clash with Collingwood at the MCG on Saturday night.

However, Neeld said the club has seven of its first choice selected players out – namely injured forward Mitch Clark and suspended midfielder Colin Sylvia.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-05-18/stay-the-course-neeld

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #92 on: May 18, 2013, 03:37:49 PM »
Neeld is already pulling out excuses a day before the game has even started  :whistle.

---------------------------------------------------

The Demons coach spoke of the need for fans to remain patient, as the club's youngsters continue to develop.

Neeld said research had found premiership teams were made up of players with an average of 110 games of experience.

The Demons will have 13 players under 50 games running out against the Tigers on Sunday.

To put it in perspective, though, ladder-leaders Geelong will have nine players with less than 50 games experience in its clash with Collingwood at the MCG on Saturday night.

However, Neeld said the club has seven of its first choice selected players out – namely injured forward Mitch Clark and suspended midfielder Colin Sylvia.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-05-18/stay-the-course-neeld
:'(
The club that keeps giving.

Rampstar

« Reply #93 on: May 18, 2013, 04:24:16 PM »
tuckers an angry man today. we need more quatrains about norf and melbourne and footscray etc etc etc.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #94 on: May 18, 2013, 04:28:45 PM »
I hear there may be one coming up for our next weeks opponent. :shh

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tigers unbackable against Dees (Sportal)
« Reply #95 on: May 19, 2013, 12:57:04 AM »
Tigers unbackable against Dees
Paul Gough, Betting Editor
Sportal.com.au
18/05/2013 8:32 PM

Richmond are set to start at their shortest price in any AFL game for 17 years against hapless Melbourne at the MCG on Sunday.

The Tigers are the heartbreak team of the competition, having played in just two finals series in the past 31 years and having finished in ninth spot on six occasions since the top eight was introduced in 1994.

But so bad are Melbourne - who have just allowed Gold Coast to win their first ever game in Victoria and whose six defeats this season have come by an average of 13 goals - that the Tigers are at the kind of unbackable price on Sunday usually reserved for teams of the stature of Geelong and Hawthorn.

The Tigers are just $1.01 in head-to-head betting at the TAB and only marginally bigger odds of $1.02 at Centrebet and $1.04 at Betfair against a Melbourne side at as much as $23 at Betfair.

You have to go all the way back to 1996 when Richmond played Fitzroy in the Lions' last ever game in Melbourne before they merged with Brisbane to find the last time the Tigers were at such short odds to win an AFL game.

With four wins from seven games so far this season to be sitting in seventh spot, the Tigers are showing signs of genuine improvement at last and are even as short as $1.04 at Centrebet to win by 25 points plus and just $1.13 at Betfair to win by 40 points plus.

And the start the Tigers have to give at the line is a massive 73.5 points at sportsbet.com.au at $1.92 and 102.5 points at Betfair to get $2.26.

But even without injured trio Shane Tuck (shoulder), Chris Knights (knee) and Ivan Maric (ankle), the punters are backing the Tigers at the short odds against a Melbourne side that is also missing two of their few contributors this season in the suspended Colin Sylvia and the injured Jack Viney.

Full article here: http://www.sportal.com.au/betting-zone-news-display/tigers-unbackable-against-dees-235634

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #96 on: May 19, 2013, 11:19:08 AM »
On Game Day they just played a radio conversation of Gary Lyon not backing Neeld and saying a review is needed to take place on him having the job in his final year of contract 2014.

Gigantor

« Reply #97 on: May 19, 2013, 11:32:11 AM »
Time for Gary to put up or shut up I reckon..throw your hat into the coaching ring and show us what you can do

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #98 on: May 19, 2013, 03:29:33 PM »
 :sleep
 So far its a snorefest.

C'mon boys. Wake up!  FFS!

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #99 on: May 19, 2013, 03:36:39 PM »
 :sleep  :sleep
What the hell is going on here.

Looks like I'm watching under 10s footy.

:sleep

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #100 on: May 19, 2013, 03:40:49 PM »
I'm close to leaving.

:sleep  :sleep  :sleep

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #101 on: May 19, 2013, 03:42:10 PM »
I am watching the worm on the Heraldsun page........bloody all over the show..... :lol

Gee we really struggle against these teams don't we!!!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #102 on: May 19, 2013, 03:43:20 PM »
I'm losing patience.

:sleep  :sleep  :sleep  :sleep

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #103 on: May 19, 2013, 03:47:17 PM »
stuff it.
I'm going to the bar!

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #104 on: May 19, 2013, 03:49:16 PM »
stuff it.
I'm going to the bar!

:lol :lol :thumbsup
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"