Author Topic: Trade week targets & rumours? [merged]  (Read 225552 times)

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
Re: Trade week targets & rumours? [merged]
« Reply #330 on: July 30, 2011, 07:36:00 PM »
Leigh Matthews tonight on 3aw said out-of-contract Jamie Charman should go to Richmond if he wants to play every game in the ruck as at Brisbane he's behind Leuenberger and Mitch Clark.

used to like charman, wasnt even aware he was still listed, has been chronically injured for 2 seasons now...and would be 30 at a guess...as a PSD perhaps if he was declared fit
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #331 on: July 30, 2011, 09:10:21 PM »
Leigh Matthews tonight on 3aw said out-of-contract Jamie Charman should go to Richmond if he wants to play every game in the ruck as at Brisbane he's behind Leuenberger and Mitch Clark.

used to like charman, wasnt even aware he was still listed, has been chronically injured for 2 seasons now...and would be 30 at a guess...as a PSD perhaps if he was declared fit
Charman has only just comeback to playing at NEAFL level for the Brisbane ressies. It would be a major risk given his injury record and lack of footy over the past 2-3 years.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #332 on: July 31, 2011, 01:07:11 PM »
Zac can play dont worry about that and theres no way Freo would look at trading out a future ruckman. In 3-4 years he'll be ready to take over from Sandilands

Freo have a track record of trading their future out of instand success. If the WA media get hold of a mature player for a future prospect they'll grab it.

Likely to lose Palmer for a draft pick. Freo will look to replace with a ready player. They're always active in trade week.

They lack speed in the midfield with the likes of Mundy, Barlow and Pav rotating through. Hill and Morabito the only speedsters. They'd listen to offers for Clarke if we hinted a Foley or Edwards.

Edwards + a high 3rd rounder for Clarke - maybe
Foley + Clark and compensation pick for Palmer - maybe

Freo will listen to offers, they'll want to cash in on a premiership window whilst Sandilands and Pavlich are at the helm. Post Sandi and Pav retirement is low priority which is when Clarke will be ready.
Go Tigers!

10 FLAGS

« Reply #333 on: July 31, 2011, 01:13:15 PM »
In terms of a ruckman I would go after Dawson Simpson from Geelong because wed  get him for knicks. A 3rd round pick at best. That sorts out 1 ruck role and then I'd recruit another junior ruck in the draft. If rumors are true GWS will have an extraordinary array of young talent. Just reading Adelaide forum they believe they will lose Phil Davis.  He is a top quality player and will be 10 year quality CHB. Its a pity we are never in the hunt for these types of players.

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
« Reply #334 on: July 31, 2011, 01:19:33 PM »
Zac can play dont worry about that and theres no way Freo would look at trading out a future ruckman. In 3-4 years he'll be ready to take over from Sandilands

Freo have a track record of trading their future out of instand success.

Freo will listen to offers, they'll want to cash in on a premiership window whilst Sandilands and Pavlich are at the helm. Post Sandi and Pav retirement is low priority which is when Clarke will be ready.

Thats the Freo of old.

Freo have employed a consistent development strategy where Brad Lloyd and Chris Bond have invested in the draft exclusively over the last 2-3 seasons and have only recycled via the PSD.

No Shortcuts, No more excuses RFC!

tony_montana

« Reply #335 on: July 31, 2011, 02:40:32 PM »

Thats the Freo of old.

Freo have employed a consistent development strategy where Brad Lloyd and Chris Bond have invested in the draft exclusively over the last 2-3 seasons and have only recycled via the PSD.

correct darth

sorry Pope I think you're dreamin

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #336 on: July 31, 2011, 03:32:17 PM »
In terms of a ruckman I would go after Dawson Simpson from Geelong because wed  get him for knicks. A 3rd round pick at best. That sorts out 1 ruck role and then I'd recruit another junior ruck in the draft. If rumors are true GWS will have an extraordinary array of young talent. Just reading Adelaide forum they believe they will lose Phil Davis.  He is a top quality player and will be 10 year quality CHB. Its a pity we are never in the hunt for these types of players.

I actually agree with this.

Simpson isn't amazing but has potential and would be as good as anything we have but a bigger potential development window.

3 round seems a bit much considering he's Geelongs 4th ruckman.
Ottens, Vardy, West, Simpson.

I'd offer a player as they'd prefer someone established then extra youth to their list.

I'd straight swap a Jackson, who could fit into the cats line up as back up for Ling who struggles to play 22 games each year.
Go Tigers!

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #337 on: July 31, 2011, 03:42:12 PM »

Thats the Freo of old.

correct darth

Sorry I'm not sure I understand, what am I dreaming about?

That thinking Freo wouldn't accept a Foley <-> Clarke+pick.

Freo would absolutely do that deal. Sandilands has 4 years left as he is only 28. Griffin is also waiting in the wings who is a capable ruckman.

Pavlich and Sandi are Freos best players in their history and they will believe they can win a premiership with their current list. If they can add to that with someone of the calibre of a Foley they would do so.

I'd be interested to see if Clarke gets a game when Sandilands come back.

Freo would be negligent to turn down Foley for a guy who isn't in their 22.
Go Tigers!

tony_montana

« Reply #338 on: July 31, 2011, 06:56:16 PM »

Thats the Freo of old.

correct darth

Sorry I'm not sure I understand, what am I dreaming about?

That thinking Freo wouldn't accept a Foley <-> Clarke+pick.

Freo would absolutely do that deal. Sandilands has 4 years left as he is only 28. Griffin is also waiting in the wings who is a capable ruckman.

Pavlich and Sandi are Freos best players in their history and they will believe they can win a premiership with their current list. If they can add to that with someone of the calibre of a Foley they would do so.

I'd be interested to see if Clarke gets a game when Sandilands come back.

Freo would be negligent to turn down Foley for a guy who isn't in their 22.

correct they wouldnt accept foley and a token BS draft pick in a pee weak draft for a young future ruckman. This draft is very very thin and i think afl clubs like freo know this too?  :whistle

not sure why some supporters  think every other club is dumb and ready to ship talent off for peanuts when they'd get a whole lot more from 16 other clubs...

Lets face it Foley right now with his history of injuury isnt worth much, theres no guarantee he'll be the player he was

Oh and about Sandilands being 28. Freo unlike Richmond understand the importance of depth in the ruck and the importance of long term planning ::), they are developing Clarke nicely and wouldnt just give him away unless they knew they had an even better prospect coming through the ranks.

No Deal

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #339 on: July 31, 2011, 07:17:19 PM »
I reckon Foley will have some currency for 2 reasons..

one he is now 12 months in from returning from injury, most would argue at his age that his mext 12 months like Rodan will improve

and secondly, there will be many clubs that take the view, particularly the top performaing ones that they could extract a better line of performance from him than RFC ever could.

At 25yo, I expect there will be a whole lot of interest
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

10 FLAGS

« Reply #340 on: July 31, 2011, 07:18:51 PM »
Im of the opinion Sheedy would love to have Foley in his line up.

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
« Reply #341 on: July 31, 2011, 07:23:09 PM »

Freo already have an injury ravaged midfielder who is younger than Foley that they will prefer to keep - Barlow.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #342 on: July 31, 2011, 07:26:16 PM »
i reakon the flag man is on the money there
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

10 FLAGS

« Reply #343 on: July 31, 2011, 08:00:45 PM »

Freo already have an injury ravaged midfielder who is younger than Foley that they will prefer to keep - Barlow.

what does sheedy have to do with freo lol?  :help

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #344 on: July 31, 2011, 08:21:22 PM »
How about looking at Ivan Maric in a swap for Edwards who is from SA I believe. :-\

We need a ruckman. Adelaide have alot of ruck options and have McKernan on their list who is untried also.
May be something to look at. May not cost that much and may give us something in the ruck. Still only 25.