Author Topic: Trade week targets & rumours? [merged]  (Read 225553 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Trade week targets & rumours? [merged]
« Reply #405 on: August 13, 2011, 05:22:41 PM »
select Trengrove and it will rival the Mcmahon trade as the worst in the last 10 years, if you ask me.

The bloke is crap and i wouldnt take anyone from that rabble of a club.

I'd take Butcher, Boak, Hartlett and Gray.
Boak is a very good footballer. I'd have him at Richmond in a heartbeat as well if I could. Hartlett and Gray are also talented albeit a bit injury-prone. Is Butcher out of contract this year? He's been at Port for two years IIRC.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #406 on: August 13, 2011, 05:33:44 PM »
select Trengrove and it will rival the Mcmahon trade as the worst in the last 10 years, if you ask me.

The bloke is crap and i wouldnt take anyone from that rabble of a club.

I'd take Butcher, Boak, Hartlett and Gray.

Boak is a very good footballer. I'd have him at Richmond in a heartbeat as well if I could. Hartlett and Gray are also talented albeit a bit injury-prone. Is Butcher out of contract this year? He's been at Port for two years IIRC.

Boak is the only one but they wont get rid of him so Butcher aint going anywhere.

Gray absolutely no way would i touch him. Another inconsistent small forward who thinks his better than what he is. Pass
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Tigermonk

« Reply #407 on: August 13, 2011, 05:54:42 PM »
Butcher  ;D

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #408 on: August 17, 2011, 03:30:22 AM »
It is believed Port Adelaide would consider trading Cornes, Pearce, Salopek, Surjan or Rodan, even paying part of their contracts at a new club.

Port, which has lost Chad Cornes and ruckman Dean Brogan to retirement, has numerous issues with other players, including lackadaisical forward Daniel Motlop, who is out of contract at the end of the season. Playing for $400,000 this season, Motlop has not played since round 13 and is currently languishing in the SANFL.

Others out of contract next month include key defenders Alipate Carlile, who is contemplating a move to a Melbourne-based club, and Jackson Trengove, who is also considering his future.

Promising ruckman Matthew Lobbe and key forward John Butcher, who made his senior debut last weekend, are also believed to be coming out of contract.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/sport/port-close-to-snaring-key-eagles-strategist/story-e6frg7mf-1226116301661

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #409 on: August 17, 2011, 09:14:09 AM »
Butcher  ;D

He looked good in a disgrace of a team
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #410 on: August 17, 2011, 09:35:07 AM »
Rape and pillage Tigers ;D

tony_montana

« Reply #411 on: August 17, 2011, 09:46:08 AM »
Butcher  ;D

comeon Monk have a word  ;)

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #412 on: August 17, 2011, 10:31:36 AM »
Looks like they are gonna do a big flush and rebuild...They will be after those picks that you can hang on to til next years draft and they will bottom out.  Not a bad plan considering they think it is gonna be a corker.  Not a bad time to be flat lining. 
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #413 on: August 17, 2011, 01:23:23 PM »
PORT Adelaide forward John Butcher has stopped short of committing to the club, saying he'll wait until the end of the season to negotiate a new contract.

Butcher is one of several promising young players yet to re-sign with the Power.

Out-of-contract defender Jackson Trengove has publicly revealed he's weighing up a return to Melbourne, while full-back Alipate Carlile has also delayed putting pen to paper on a new deal.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/121198/default.aspx

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tigers not that interested in Port's Trengove (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #414 on: August 18, 2011, 02:41:35 AM »
Jon Ralph says we're not that interested in Trengove but we are one of the clubs linked to Carlile.

Jackson Trengove: His manager Tom Petroro says he is split down the middle - wanting to stay but desperately homesick. Despite the links to Richmond, they aren't that interested given he's not a genuine ruckman.

Alipate Carlile: The 24-year-old defender has been linked both to GWS and Melbourne clubs including Richmond. Can't afford to lose a potential 250-gamer.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/why-rodney-eade-to-the-pies-makes-sense/story-fn6cisdj-1226117078305

tony_montana

Re: Tigers not that interested in Port's Trengove (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #415 on: August 18, 2011, 11:36:23 AM »
Jon Ralph says we're not that interested in Trengove but we are one of the clubs linked to Carlile.

Jackson Trengove: His manager Tom Petroro says he is split down the middle - wanting to stay but desperately homesick. Despite the links to Richmond, they aren't that interested given he's not a genuine ruckman.

Alipate Carlile: The 24-year-old defender has been linked both to GWS and Melbourne clubs including Richmond. Can't afford to lose a potential 250-gamer.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/why-rodney-eade-to-the-pies-makes-sense/story-fn6cisdj-1226117078305

Thats good news on both fronts. Carlisle is a big unit something we need down back and Trengove has been very underwhelming

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #416 on: August 18, 2011, 12:35:47 PM »
Thats good news on both fronts. Carlisle is a big unit something we need down back and Trengove has been very underwhelming

Agreed

Not a bad kick either is Alipate (strange name though  ;D)
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

« Reply #417 on: August 18, 2011, 12:44:26 PM »

Agreed

Not a bad kick either is Alipate (strange name though  ;D)

It means bright in Fijian.

Let's hope he becomes a bright spot for us next year.

:thumbsup

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #418 on: August 18, 2011, 12:49:22 PM »
It means bright in Fijian.

Let's hope he becomes a bright spot for us next year.

:thumbsup

Thanks

I was wondering about its origins
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #419 on: August 18, 2011, 03:44:55 PM »
Rumor from Zambia.......Trengove is a cert, already signed..... :lol :shh :thumbsup
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"