Author Topic: Trade week targets & rumours? [merged]  (Read 225554 times)

tony_montana

Re: Trade week targets & rumours? [merged]
« Reply #465 on: August 24, 2011, 10:25:44 PM »
Talk on BF that Nahas has signed a HOG with GWS....

Hypothetically if he has. What kind of compensation would we be looking at?

Tough one because he came up from the rookie list. Would be lucky to get a late 3rd rounder for him I reckon

so did harbrow, what did WB get for him

from memory it was end of first round.

I doubt we'd get that for Nahas - end of second round sounds more realistic for mine

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #466 on: August 25, 2011, 12:15:11 AM »
I said this on the BF board. N.Krakouer got a mid 2nd rounder. Nahas is streets ahead of him. WIll likely be top 5 B&F and therefore should be an end of 1st round. Odds are he stays.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #467 on: August 25, 2011, 02:46:31 AM »
Greg Denham in the Australian reckons the Hawks were leading the charge for Trengove before he re-signed with Port yesterday.

He's still got us linked to Maric  :-\

Another ruckman on the move is Adelaide's Ivan Maric, 25, who appears set to resurrect his career with either Port Adelaide or Richmond next season, with both clubs showing interest.

The out-of-contract Maric is understood to be keen to head to another club for more opportunities after 77 games in his six years with the Crows, including six this year. His management has not baulked at Maric moving interstate.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/sport/relief-for-power-as-trengove-turns-down-hawks/story-e6frg7mf-1226121547782

Offline magic17

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #468 on: August 25, 2011, 07:44:27 AM »
Greg Denham in the Australian reckons the Hawks were leading the charge for Trengove before he re-signed with Port yesterday.

He's still got us linked to Maric  :-\

Another ruckman on the move is Adelaide's Ivan Maric, 25, who appears set to resurrect his career with either Port Adelaide or Richmond next season, with both clubs showing interest.

The out-of-contract Maric is understood to be keen to head to another club for more opportunities after 77 games in his six years with the Crows, including six this year. His management has not baulked at Maric moving interstate.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/sport/relief-for-power-as-trengove-turns-down-hawks/story-e6frg7mf-1226121547782

This article also mentions Griffin wanting out of Fremantle... I'd be surprised if we're not chasing him as well.

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #469 on: August 25, 2011, 12:41:49 PM »
I'm hearing talk of Nason going back to Adelaide.

Also, reported on 3AW theres talk that yesterday Ross Lyon signed a 5 year contract to coach Melbourne.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #470 on: August 25, 2011, 01:27:41 PM »
I'm hearing talk of Nason going back to Adelaide.

Also, reported on 3AW theres talk that yesterday Ross Lyon signed a 5 year contract to coach Melbourne.

Nason for Maric...  :pray

We get a ruckman, not a great one, but at a small cost.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #471 on: August 25, 2011, 03:50:05 PM »
Would Adelaide want Maric thought. Don't think he is the type of player Adelaide would want.

On the other hand I think Nason would be more suited to Port Adelaide. If we could package something that could be attractive to Port for Carlile. ;)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #472 on: August 25, 2011, 11:29:24 PM »
Talk on BF that Nahas has signed a HOG with GWS....

Hypothetically if he has. What kind of compensation would we be looking at?

Tough one because he came up from the rookie list. Would be lucky to get a late 3rd rounder for him I reckon

Expect Nahas to now make a major run for our B&F falling just short in about 3rd place or 4th place. ;D
;D

No joke but I think Robbie will finish in the top 5 this year. At least a certainty to finish in the top 10.

As for losing him to GWS or trading him to another club I wouldn't say no. He lacks body strength and most importantly no left foot forces Robbie to have to cut back often into traffic to get on his right and there's been a few times this year where it's cost us a goal. There was at least instance on the weekend where a standard left foot snap for a small forward went begging and when Robbie ran around to get on his right he ran between Melbourne players who smothered the kick.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #473 on: August 26, 2011, 08:05:28 AM »
yep, he really needs to develop his left foot.

he has provided plenty of run and carry this year, and there doesn't appear to be any one else putting their hand up to play the role.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
AFL Trade Bait (Foxsports)
« Reply #474 on: August 26, 2011, 01:17:18 PM »
Foxsports.com.au users have their say on the AFL players who could become trade bait this October

By Paul Pickering and John Clark
    FOX SPORTS
    August 23, 2011

RICHMOND

The big fish: The Tigers are desperate to land a ruckman to help their talented young midfield group but they might have to let one leave to address their needs. Jack Riewoldt, Trent Cotchin, Brett Deledio and Dustin Martin will be off limits. Nathan Foley anyone?

Small fry: Will Thursfield, Shane Tuck, Mitch Morton.

David Hille is a former captain and loyal servant of the Bombers, but the emergence of Tom Bellchambers has put his place beside Paddy Ryder in Essendon's best 22 in jeopardy. He could be a ready-made solution to the big-man deficiency at Richmond.

Former coach Dean Laidley says Hamish McIntosh will be cleaning out his locker at Arden Street. The ruckman will attract interest from a number of possible suitors, likely to be headed by the Tigers, if he's shopped around.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-premiership/foxsportscomau-users-have-their-say-on-the-afl-players-who-could-become-trade-bait-this-october/story-e6frf3e3-1226119697295

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #475 on: August 26, 2011, 01:31:34 PM »
Hill :lol :lol He could teach Gus and Brown how to put on Pantyhose under there dresses  ;D

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #476 on: August 26, 2011, 01:51:29 PM »
Hill :lol :lol He could teach Gus and Brown how to put on Pantyhose under there dresses  ;D
;D

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #477 on: August 26, 2011, 10:46:09 PM »
Hill, now I heard it all.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #478 on: August 28, 2011, 08:41:37 PM »
Mark Fine on SEN reckons we should target Stefan Martin and offer him the No.1 gig as the Demons already have Jamar and Gawn so that sort of trade will come cheap (eg: Mumford from Geelong to Sydney). Maric is a definite no-no as he can't even make Adelaide's 22.

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #479 on: August 28, 2011, 08:47:58 PM »
Would target Mathew Bate from Melb.out of favor big time and by all reports.killing them down at Casey.would get him for little.Demons keen to off load