Author Topic: Trade week targets & rumours? [merged]  (Read 225800 times)

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
Re: Trade week targets & rumours? [merged]
« Reply #510 on: August 31, 2011, 05:17:01 PM »
Why? Moore is nowhere near the level of Butcher. Butch did more with 6 kicks than Moore has done in his whole career

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #511 on: September 01, 2011, 01:03:42 AM »
Moore has dont Sweet stuff All so far. Imagine if we used pick 9 on him. ME Centre would be burnt down by now  ;D

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Trade whispers (afl)
« Reply #512 on: September 01, 2011, 12:24:04 PM »
Trade whispers
By Luke Holmesby
Thu 01 Sep, 2011

Adelaide
Ivan Maric has been linked with Richmond's hunt for a ruckman and has put off contract talks until the end of the year.

Brisbane
Mitch Clark, who has been linked to GWS, Richmond and the two West Australian clubs.

Carlton
Shaun Hampson finds himself behind Rob Warnock and Matthew Kreuzer in the ruck pecking order and might field an offer or two. As with all ruckmen, Richmond looks a possible future home.

Fremantle
Zac Clarke falls in to the category of back-up ruckmen who could find greater opportunities at Punt Road.

Geelong
Mark Blake is almost certain to leave Kardinia Park after failing to play a game all season. There is sure to be interest in other ruckmen Dawson Simpson and Trent West who have slipped behind Nathan Vardy.

Hawthorn
Jordan Lisle has played just four games and has been named an emergency for most of the other matches this year and could be tempted by greener pastures.
So again, size plus lack of opportunity equals Richmond potential.

North Melbourne
Hamish McIntosh has been superseded by Todd Goldstein as the No. 1 ruckman and will play his first match for 2011 this weekend. The Kangaroos have said he is a required player but they should at least entertain the offers that are sure to come their way. Richmond has been touted as a potential home, believe it or not.

Richmond
Kelvin Moore has had a nightmare run with injury this year and hasn't played a match after finishing in the top 10 of the club's best and fairest in 2009. Clubs are always on the lookout for tall defenders and there might be a nibble or two for Moore.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/122386/default.aspx

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #513 on: September 01, 2011, 12:29:54 PM »
Is there a ruckman in that article that has not been linked to us? :-\
If Gary Dempsey was to make a comeback I'm sure the article would have us sniffing around.

There may be two or three ruckmen we would be on the lookout for. Million dollar question is which ones.

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #514 on: September 01, 2011, 12:47:24 PM »
Get Zac Clarke Tigers, throw everything we have at him!

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #515 on: September 01, 2011, 12:48:30 PM »
Clarke from Freo would be my #1 choice by a mile, Apple is 28 next year so starting to get on. Wouldn't mind Hampson if he came cheap.

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #516 on: September 01, 2011, 12:51:57 PM »
Say no to apple! As JVT said, to old.

In order of preference, Id go for Z Clarke, M Clark, Hampson ------------DAYLIGHT----------------Maric--------DAYLIGHT-------the rest.

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #517 on: September 01, 2011, 12:55:25 PM »
In order of preference, Id go for Z Clarke, M Clark, Hampson ------------DAYLIGHT----------------Maric--------DAYLIGHT-------the rest.
Agreed, except I feel that M Clark would be too costly compared to what he would give us on field. Clarke from Freo perfect candidate, young, talented, tall, promise him 22 games next year and some extra coin to come home, makes perfect sense!! :gotigers

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #518 on: September 01, 2011, 01:20:32 PM »
Why? Moore is nowhere near the level of Butcher. Butch did more with 6 kicks than Moore has done in his whole career

We have good forwards now. Butcher would be a wonderful addition but we need more midfielders now. Moore would be cheap because injury and lack of opportunity has plagued his very short career. What he was able to show before he was drafted was exceptional.... plus his brother plays here so that may have been an incentive. All semantics now anyway.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #519 on: September 01, 2011, 01:21:39 PM »
Agreed, except I feel that M Clark would be too costly compared to what he would give us on field. Clarke from Freo perfect candidate, young, talented, tall, promise him 22 games next year and some extra coin to come home, makes perfect sense!! :gotigers

I agree. Zac Clark could come far cheaper and may be a better in the long term.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #520 on: September 01, 2011, 02:35:15 PM »
Would people be willing to offer up a first rounder and compo pick for Zac Clarke? its likely what it would cost us minimum.

tony_montana

« Reply #521 on: September 01, 2011, 03:08:20 PM »
If we have pick 16-18 I'd give it up for ZacClarke or Mitch Clarke. Would in no way give up 1st pick and compo pick thats paying way overs. Compo must stay with us for next years super draft

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #522 on: September 01, 2011, 03:42:43 PM »
Luke McGuane & 1st round pick to Brisbane for Clark of the MItch Variety.  Pay him whatever he wants as he is a gun who can play in conjunction with Vickery for the rest of their careers.

I would keep Graham & Browne for a few years and rookie Derickx.  Browne will be OK once he grows into his skin and Graham is handy back up option and a big unit in case of injury. 

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #523 on: September 01, 2011, 03:56:45 PM »
If we have pick 16-18 I'd give it up for ZacClarke or Mitch Clarke. Would in no way give up 1st pick and compo pick thats paying way overs. Compo must stay with us for next years super draft

Thats what im saying. All the talk about Zac Clarke is a waste as thats what it will cost.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #524 on: September 01, 2011, 04:13:19 PM »

Thats what im saying. All the talk about Zac Clarke is a waste as thats what it will cost.

I think this year, with the talent pool so shallow, we would be willing to offer up our picks for established talent. In other years where the draft is uncompromised and clubs are getting picks in the normal order we would not even contemplate it but given the circumstances trading will be on every clubs agenda this year. Picks will be speculative at best in 2011 so expect a furious trading exchange this year where more player for player trades occur than usual. Back to normal next year though especially given the consecutive years of draft compromise and the reported talent of the 2012 pool.