Author Topic: Trade week targets & rumours? [merged]  (Read 225814 times)

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
Re: Trade week targets & rumours? [merged]
« Reply #900 on: October 01, 2011, 05:37:50 PM »
yeah just hate to have it hanging over us like it was with Geelong and Melbourne, would be a big distraction to the season.
Lots of people name their swords......

10 FLAGS

« Reply #901 on: October 01, 2011, 05:58:32 PM »
Watching the grand final just confirmed to me that to win you need A grade players and the truth is we dont have enough - just make sure we make GWS pay through the nose for Foley. That means pick 1 in the U17draft and a prelisted player IMHO.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #902 on: October 01, 2011, 06:13:43 PM »

Watching the grand final just confirmed to me that to win you need A grade players and the truth is we dont have enough - just make sure we make GWS pay through the nose for Foley. That means pick 1 in the U17draft and a prelisted player IMHO.

Agree 100%.

Also showed you can have all the best coaches in world and resources and supporters but what matters at the end of the day is a quality list. You can't carry anyone when being successful you need 22 quality players. Can't carry a poor Didak, Blair etc. Cats had 22 contributors and won a flag. This is why Saints couldn't win a flag as there bottom 5 players were horrible 2 seasons in a row.

No point pushing for finals when you have a half finished list, no point hoping D grade players may turn into C graders. Flush them out and gamble on a state player there are some gems out there (Harry Taylor, Nick Duigan, Podsiadly, Barlow etc.) Stop wasting our time RFC on players we hope to make it, turn over the list and roll the dice on untried talent instead of failed talent that may come good.
Go Tigers!

10 FLAGS

« Reply #903 on: October 01, 2011, 06:20:43 PM »
Im not going to enjoy the Lids thing hanging over our heads all year.  I mean if that nub Scully gets two first rounders, what is Lids worth then?  He was a top pick and is a proven better player with plenty of years left.

Its up to Richmond to sell him the dream. That means the club has an obligation to bring more A grade players to the team. That means players like Foley should be traded for the right deal and players like Jackson and White should be moved on. Deledio will not leave Richmond if he thinks that a flag is possible, but its up to the Footy Dept to make him believe, the likes of Jackson and White and Foley have been around for years but we havent done anything as a club. Its time for changes and its time for more A grade players or players like O'Meara who will develop into A graders in the next 2 or 3 years.

Ox

« Reply #904 on: October 01, 2011, 06:21:32 PM »
Sure doesn't, cmon GWS make us an offer of indecent proportions

make us an offer ........

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #905 on: October 01, 2011, 06:25:17 PM »
In my opinion all the big signings to expansion clubs the clubs losing players have won out big time. Scully for 2 first round draft picks is a win if they trade correctly as is Ablett for 2 first rounders. 2 first rounders for the Premiers next year if they want.. unbelieveable.

If we lose Lids we'd get the same probably Pick 1 and a late first round. Would any club give up 2 first round picks for Lids? Would you get rid of 2 first round picks for Scully? Probably not. Clubs are winning out with compensation IMO.
Go Tigers!

10 FLAGS

« Reply #906 on: October 01, 2011, 06:54:50 PM »
IMHO I believe that Deledio should be a priority for us to keep. Foley is not a priority for the right deal. Thats why a deal that sees us get pick 1 in the u17draft should be done if we have the chance to do it. We need more A graders. Its that simple IMHO.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #907 on: October 01, 2011, 07:00:06 PM »
IMHO I believe that Deledio should be a priority for us to keep. Foley is not a priority for the right deal. Thats why a deal that sees us get pick 1 in the u17draft should be done if we have the chance to do it. We need more A graders. Its that simple IMHO.

100% agree, would think Deledios contract is just about the most important thing for RFC admin I would have thought.

With Foley returning to fitness and form, I think we'd deserve something more than pick 1 in U/17s draft.
Go Tigers!

10 FLAGS

« Reply #908 on: October 01, 2011, 07:11:08 PM »
All will be revealed in 2 weeks. Itll be interesting to see if RFC has finally developed the courage to pull the trigger on doing some big trades and moving on some fan favorites.

tony_montana

« Reply #909 on: October 01, 2011, 07:41:20 PM »

spot on 10flags - bottom line is we need a lot more quality to get into that type of position. Too many D for dud players still on our list  - you can carry 2-3-4 of these types IF they do a role really well (look at the saints and even collingwood) but we seem to have more than several and we seem to keep them on the list year after year. Get rid of them and keep turning over until you find a diamond in the rough, without trying you will never find them

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #910 on: October 01, 2011, 07:45:05 PM »
All will be revealed in 2 weeks. Itll be interesting to see if RFC has finally developed the courage to pull the trigger on doing some big trades and moving on some fan favorites.

We've both been calling it for a long time Ramps, we will celebrate if it happens lol
Go Tigers!

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #911 on: October 01, 2011, 07:51:04 PM »

spot on 10flags - bottom line is we need a lot more quality to get into that type of position. Too many D for dud players still on our list  - you can carry 2-3-4 of these types IF they do a role really well (look at the saints and even collingwood) but we seem to have more than several and we seem to keep them on the list year after year. Get rid of them and keep turning over until you find a diamond in the rough, without trying you will never find them

Saints had too many to get over the line. They have/had a seriously good top end to their list but their 16-22 blokes were pretty garbage and it cost them dearly. Even the Pies today were let down by their bottom 6. Didak, Blair, Brown, Didak. Krak would be the only one who stepped up and he disappeared in the 2nd half.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #912 on: October 02, 2011, 09:26:49 AM »
the best way to ensure delideo stays is to play finals next year.

pretty simple really.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #913 on: October 02, 2011, 10:32:38 AM »
I don't beleive he'll go, but if we could get 2 high quality players for him I wouldnt be crying in my cereal.

Deledio is a very very good player, but he's not a match winner. That probably has a lot to do with his position on the HBF.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #914 on: October 02, 2011, 10:50:09 AM »
I think he could be when he moves further up the ground absolutely.  In fact it is lids when he does push up that does create those critical plays and kicks those important goals on a lot of occasions but as you say his current position precludes him from doing this more often.  I think it is time he moved further forward.
Lots of people name their swords......