Author Topic: Trade week targets & rumours? [merged]  (Read 227142 times)

tony_montana

Re: Trade week targets & rumours? [merged]
« Reply #930 on: October 03, 2011, 01:02:49 PM »
Nothing to do with Richmond but Jack Gunston has nominated Hawthorn as his preferred club to be traded to.

I reckon plenty of players would nominate a 2012 flag contender as their preferred club to be traded to :p

Anyway, I just wanted to add some food for thought. A brief disclaimer to say that I'm not suggesting or endorsing this but purely putting it up (so I don't get my head ripped off!). What about Goldsack from Collingwood as a direct upgrade on McDud and Thursfield? Been keen to resign to the Pies all year but no luck. Possibly they were waiting or the coaching handover to decide on lists. Played out the season and the finals only to get dropped in the granny for an unfit Reid. If I remember correctly he averaged 13 disposals and 3 tackles off half back. 194'ish cm and close to 90 kegs (just on my phone so can't easily look junk up sorry).

Ive always been a fan of moneybags, can play a bit. Big upgrade on McGuane and Thursty. Is at a good age too

dwaino

« Reply #931 on: October 03, 2011, 01:06:32 PM »
I'm not sure of his ability outside of being in a good team but was just thinking of who might be available. Not sure if we have anything Collingwood would be interested in anyway. I imagine they're only looking to top up to roll the dice again next year.

I thought his experience might be handy, especially due to being the right age and could relate to most of our blokes.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Carlton in bid for Goddard (SNF)
« Reply #932 on: October 03, 2011, 02:20:15 PM »
Carlton in bid for Goddard

By Kim Hagdorn
3 October 2011 12:25PM EST

CARLTON could mount an audacious poaching bid in attempts to lure tough St Kilda on-baller Brendon Goddard away from the Saints.

Goddard, 26, is contracted to the Saints for next season.

But he could emerge as a prime candidate for a trade as his beleaguered club battle a projected hefty financial loss for this year as well as plans to spend a minimum of only 92.5 per cent of next year’s salary cap.

It is understood that Goddard is willing to consider a move as the Saints manage salary cap issues but will only consider switching to a club on the verge of a premiership.

Goddard, running half-back Sam Gilbert, key defender Zac Dawson, utility Farren Ray and winger Brett Peake in recent weeks have all been linked with possible moves out of St Kilda on the back of the shock walk-out from coach Ross Lyon.

http://www.sportsnewsfirst.com.au/articles/2011/10/03/carlton-in-bid-for-goddard/

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #933 on: October 03, 2011, 02:30:04 PM »
What would be Goddard be worth to the Blues?
Two 1st round picks plus a player? Wouldnt be any less due to being contracted. 

tony_montana

« Reply #934 on: October 03, 2011, 02:31:25 PM »
how the hell are they going to fit him in the cap? give me a break - no chance they have cap space

gerkin greg

« Reply #935 on: October 03, 2011, 02:34:17 PM »
uh, it's Kim Hagdorn

sportsnewsfirst articles should be banned from this site

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #936 on: October 03, 2011, 02:42:32 PM »
how the hell are they going to fit him in the cap? give me a break - no chance they have cap space

They have room. About 500-600. Which would/should be filled with the rest of Juddy's Visy contract. They have room for one more player. Can't see the point in them going for Goddard. They need a stuffing key forward!!

tony_montana

« Reply #937 on: October 03, 2011, 03:10:40 PM »

They have room. About 500-600. Which would/should be filled with the rest of Juddy's Visy contract. They have room for one more player. Can't see the point in them going for Goddard. They need a stuffing key forward!!

staggering - they re-signed Murphy this season to hold off GWS, Hampson, they have Gibbs, Kruezer to re-sign in the coming few years as well as a few other keys. Incredible...

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #938 on: October 03, 2011, 03:38:33 PM »

staggering - they re-signed Murphy this season to hold off GWS, Hampson, they have Gibbs, Kruezer to re-sign in the coming few years as well as a few other keys. Incredible...

Yes, but where is half Juddy's contract? Also half their 22 are plodders. Joseph, Thornton, O'HelpMe, Armfield, Henderson, Robinson, Laidler & Duigan on very little as well.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #939 on: October 03, 2011, 03:52:08 PM »
Mitch Robinson is a gun.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #940 on: October 03, 2011, 04:14:39 PM »
Mitch Robinson is a gun.

Sorry should hav been a full stop between hender-dud and robinson  ;D

Wouldn't be on much coin. Wouldn't call him a gun mind u  :-X

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #941 on: October 03, 2011, 04:36:20 PM »
Mitch Robinson is a gun.

I Rate him highly. He's what Jackson and Grigg should be.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #942 on: October 03, 2011, 05:16:26 PM »
Mitch Robinson is a gun.

I Rate him highly. He's what Jackson and Grigg should be.

I doubt Robinson is getting traded  ;)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #943 on: October 03, 2011, 05:19:07 PM »
What would be Goddard be worth to the Blues?
Two 1st round picks plus a player? Wouldnt be any less due to being contracted.
The Blues would need a top 5 pick plus their first rounder at the very least to grab Goddard. I would add a decent young player too in there. Basically almost what they paid for Judd. So they need to tempt GWS or the Suns with a top 6 player to gain a top 5 pick otherwise this is just media fantasy.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #944 on: October 03, 2011, 06:02:22 PM »
Robinson is a GUN.

Agree willy