Author Topic: Trade week targets & rumours? [merged]  (Read 225760 times)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Trade week targets & rumours? [merged]
« Reply #1305 on: October 13, 2011, 08:22:22 AM »
lmao at wanting everything we do to end up in the press.

then we can hear the whining about how we cant anything in house
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1306 on: October 13, 2011, 09:33:34 AM »
So much for being aggressive this year, bunch of limp dicks, there are rucks, defenders, forwards out there and we are in the running for one player. Weak as pee tigers...

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/trade-week-everything-you-need-to-know/story-fn69a32t-1226164479567
What would you give up and for who mate?

You honestly think Edwards is going to bring Gillies to Punt Rd. Your kidding yourself. Unless we trade away our first 2 picks and the compo, we are not going to get the names you would want. Clubs have some obscure idea that run of the mill type players are worth first rounders all of a sudden.

Have a crack mate, that's what I am saying, let's hear somebloodything in the press about who we are throwing around and trying to get. Let's get involved......everyone rates Edward's on this forum apart from me, let's see what other clubs rate him as, let's see what White, Edwards, Gus, and a few others could get us.

But ffs if the RFC brains come out and say, AS THEY DID that we would be very involved and aggressive during trade period.......stuffING DO IT!!!
White, Gus and a few others of their ilk wouldn't get us anything, and that's why it hasn't.

Not everyone rates Edwards, I don't, but he has more upside to him then pick 100 in a weak compromised draft.

If a club came out and said "We want Edwards and will give you our first rounder", the club would make the trade, fact is they haven't come out and said that and they wont. Unless he is sought after, your not going to get anything for him and your never going to be satisfied.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1307 on: October 13, 2011, 11:17:30 AM »
Melbourne is likely to trade Addam Maric to North Melbourne.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/125022/default.aspx

Melbourne has also confirmed it is targeting Brisbane Lions big man Mitch Clark.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/125029/default.aspx

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1308 on: October 13, 2011, 11:32:50 AM »
Trade No.5

ST KILDA has landed two mature-age players in a deal with Greater Western Sydney.

Terry Milera from SANFL club Port Adelaide and Ahmed Saad from VFL club Northern Bullants will join the Saints after GWS had the rights to them as they had previously nominated for the draft.

In return the Saints have downgraded their draft pick 20 to 25, giving GWS 12 of the first 20 picks at next month's NAB AFL Draft.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/125032/default.aspx

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1309 on: October 13, 2011, 12:02:43 PM »
Trade No.6

Pick 20 from GWS to Fremantle for end-of-first round compensation pick (received for losing Rhys Palmer to Giants).

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1310 on: October 13, 2011, 12:23:02 PM »
Trade No.6

Pick 20 from GWS to Fremantle for end-of-first round compensation pick (received for losing Rhys Palmer to Giants).

That looks like a win to GWS. Not sure why Freo have done this. Would of thought if the compo pick was on the table it would be worth more then pick 20 in this years draft.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 01:16:10 PM by tiger101 »

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #1311 on: October 13, 2011, 01:12:23 PM »
Very strange indeed....
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1312 on: October 13, 2011, 01:15:38 PM »
Trade No.6

That looks like a win to GWS. Not sure why Freo have done thing. Would of thought if the compo pick was on the table it would be worth more then pick 20 in this years draft.
It's interesting, if they activate that pick, they will get a pick later than 20.

Just a guess, they probably have their eyes on a certain player and don't think he will be around at a later pick?

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1313 on: October 13, 2011, 02:11:15 PM »
Trade Week Radio:

Crows traded compo picks to GWS and received mini-draft pick 2 (Crouch), as well as Luke Brown from Norwood

GWS receive pick 10 and the compo pick from the Crows (Phil Davis compo pick)

Also....

Bulldog Sam Reid off to GWS for a compensation pick.

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1314 on: October 13, 2011, 02:14:16 PM »
Trade Week Radio:

Crows traded compo picks to GWS and received mini-draft pick 2 (Crouch), as well as Luke Brown from Norwood

GWS receive pick 10 and the compo pick from the Crows (Phil Davis compo pick)

Also....

Bulldog Sam Reid off to GWS for a compensation pick.

Posted it with the link from AFL site in the confirmed trades 2 minutes ago.

I agree with a poster on bf. Im not going to bother with re-typing most of it so heres what they said. lazyness I know lol.

Crouch is worth more than pick 10 but you'd think Davis compo likely turns into another top 10 pick next year. Luke Brown worth between 10-25 range? Adelaide maybe slight winners

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1315 on: October 13, 2011, 02:16:10 PM »
So Luke McGuane and Will Thursfield may get passed to another club after all, and Connors looks to be involved in the Maric deal according to TFT.

No complaints if all come to fruition.

10 FLAGS

« Reply #1316 on: October 13, 2011, 02:22:45 PM »
Shame that we couldnt get Luke Brown.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1317 on: October 13, 2011, 02:23:33 PM »
So Luke McGuane and Will Thursfield may get passed to another club after all, and Connors looks to be involved in the Maric deal according to TFT.

No complaints if all come to fruition.

Now to work on Graham and White  ;D

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1318 on: October 13, 2011, 02:30:48 PM »
MELBOURNE have dropped an AFL trade week bombshell with a massive contract offer to Mitchell Clark in a bid to snare the potential power forward.

Melbourne’s package is believed to be a multi-million dollar deal over four years for Clark.

The deal includes Melbourne’s first round national draft selection at number 12, as well as part of the Demons compensation picks they received in the controversial loss of brilliant second-year sensation Tom Scully to new club Greater Western Sydney.

Fremantle is only willing to part with pick 16, their first selection in this year’s national draft.

The Dockers are understood to considering offering the Lions pick number 20 as well after securing the selection from Greater Western Sydney in the Giants dealing with St Kilda for previously AFL club listed players.

Fremantle could also need to offer an existing player in their deal to win the highly valued Clark as a possible match-winning key forward.

http://www.sportsnewsfirst.com.au/articles/2011/10/13/huge-melbourne-package-for-mitch-clark/

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1319 on: October 13, 2011, 02:41:01 PM »
Even Melbourne are getting into it.....

By the way al, I didn't say I wanted everything in the press did I????? Um no.

However look around you mate, really what have we done????

Unless the players I named are thrown around how the hell will we know what they are worth???
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"