Author Topic: Trade week targets & rumours? [merged]  (Read 225558 times)

Offline RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Trade week targets & rumours? [merged]
« Reply #1395 on: October 14, 2011, 07:38:45 PM »
Well you've got me hooked OE.

What the hell do the Bombers offer the Lions to get an end of first compo pick that the Lions got for losing their B&F winner?
Tell 'em their dreamin'

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1396 on: October 14, 2011, 07:42:11 PM »
i think they on traded that to GC last year?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1397 on: October 14, 2011, 07:49:50 PM »
If we can pick up another backman, decent size, maybe a couple more picks for Morton, McGuane, Connors and Edwards I think we would have completed a satisfactory trade week.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1398 on: October 14, 2011, 07:51:45 PM »
Just going on the report from OE that it's a Lions compo pick.
Got to remember that Lions got two compo picks - one for Rischitelli and the other for Brennan in the unknown second player rule, same as Bullies and Ward/Reid this year.
I do recall something about Lions trading a compo and their pick 10 to get pick 5 last year but think they've still got one.

Geez our compo pick is getting less and less valuable for the 2012 "superdraft".

"satisfactory" - you're a hard marker WAT.   ;D   Ruckman, backman, mature age Morris and a couple of picks I'd say we smashed it out of the park.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1399 on: October 14, 2011, 08:04:14 PM »
"satisfactory" - you're a hard marker WAT.   ;D   Ruckman, backman, mature age Morris and a couple of picks I'd say we smashed it out of the park.

:thumbsup :shh, don't tell the others I AM ONLY PLAYING, mate if we pull that off I agree with you....out of the park!!!!

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1400 on: October 14, 2011, 08:14:03 PM »
If we can pick up another backman, decent size, maybe a couple more picks for Morton, McGuane, Connors and Edwards I think we would have completed a satisfactory trade week.
Edwards wont happen.

Morton, McGuane and Connors are a chance to go if we can convince someone to take them.

Craig Cameron has come out and said it will be difficult to lock in a defender this year because any worth taking are contracted. I agree though, defender is the thing we need now, maybe we can get a mature ager through GWS (if we have our eye on one) or if we get desperate Toovey through the PSD (I dont rate him though and others seem to purely because he is from Collingwood).

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1401 on: October 14, 2011, 08:20:15 PM »
Edwards wont happen.

Morton, McGuane and Connors are a chance to go if we can convince someone to take them.

Craig Cameron has come out and said it will be difficult to lock in a defender this year because any worth taking are contracted. I agree though, defender is the thing we need now, maybe we can get a mature ager through GWS (if we have our eye on one) or if we get desperate Toovey through the PSD (I dont rate him though and others seem to purely because he is from Collingwood).

Yep agree about Edwards, unfortunate because I thought we could of gained a decent pick for him. Just goes to show that he really is crap....no takers.

I would take Toovey, Collingwood are not very keen to let him go and were furious with his management team for the comments made. I think Toovey has something to offer and I would be happy to give him a go. If we could get a muture ager through the draft, well that may suffice as well.

"Rucks:

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1402 on: October 14, 2011, 08:25:21 PM »
Edwards wont happen.

Yep agree about Edwards, unfortunate because I thought we could of gained a decent pick for him. Just goes to show that he really is crap....no takers.

I would take Toovey, Collingwood are not very keen to let him go and were furious with his management team for the comments made. I think Toovey has something to offer and I would be happy to give him a go. If we could get a muture ager through the draft, well that may suffice as well.
Haha, I don't think there are no takers on Edwards, I think the club has not put him on the table  :thumbsup

Toovey is an average solid footballer who would look plenty worse in a struggling side. Those around him make him look much better than what he is. Out of him and Macaffer, you would take Macaffer. Toovey being a backman probably works in his favour a little in terms of interest from clubs.

dwaino

« Reply #1403 on: October 14, 2011, 08:33:26 PM »
I'd prefer Goldsack over Toooovveeeeeeyyyyy. But that's probably just me.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1404 on: October 14, 2011, 08:36:16 PM »
Edwards wont happen.

Haha, I don't think there are no takers on Edwards, I think the club has not put him on the table  :thumbsup

Toovey is an average solid footballer who would look plenty worse in a struggling side. Those around him make him look much better than what he is. Out of him and Macaffer, you would take Macaffer. Toovey being a backman probably works in his favour a little in terms of interest from clubs.

Yeah I don't think they put him up either, for some stupid reason they think he can play, hey who know's they might play him in a different role next year and he may perform.....like bus driver to the games... :lol. No, I would like to see him tried in the forward line, but actually left there for half a dozen games. he is too week bodied to play out of the backline and he is not evasive enough to play the set maker from the backline either..IMO.

Yes there are not too many backmen available in this trade week or in during trade weeks for that matter.

"Rucks:

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1405 on: October 14, 2011, 09:03:42 PM »
I can't see Bucks putting up with Fev's antics and Jimmy wasn't too pleased with Fev at that Brownlow night which got Fev the sack from Carlton.

The Melbourne based club who have spoken to Fevola is....................

NORTH  :shh
If true I hear the phrase 'desperate topping up to attempt to makr the finals after back-to-back ninths' :yep

And if not true, may the good lord point them straight and true at a 2012 '9th' threepeat.

Dyer 3:16:- And on the third year straight, lord Dyer proclaimed the mantle be passed to 'Ninth Melbourne' . And so it was to be known.

Hallelujah!   :pray

:lol

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1406 on: October 14, 2011, 10:36:18 PM »
Edit: So far Essendon, Bulldogs, Dees, Hawks and Saints have declared no interest in Fev. So that leaves 4 other Melbourne clubs.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/a/-/afl/10469342/bulldogs-wont-revive-fevolas-afl-career/

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1407 on: October 14, 2011, 10:53:40 PM »
Edit: So far Essendon, Bulldogs, Dees, Hawks and Saints have declared no interest in Fev. So that leaves 4 other Melbourne clubs.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/a/-/afl/10469342/bulldogs-wont-revive-fevolas-afl-career/
Apart from Jeannie Pratt, no one at Carlton wants Fev back so that leaves 3 - Pies, North and us - and I don't see us wanting Fev either with Jack and Vickery kicking 100 goals between them, Griffiths in wings and of course our own old temporary mature rookie forward in Miller lol.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1408 on: October 14, 2011, 10:58:27 PM »
Well you've got me hooked OE.

What the hell do the Bombers offer the Lions to get an end of first compo pick that the Lions got for losing their B&F winner?
Tell 'em their dreamin'
Well according to deluded Bomber fans they can send 2-3 of their duds to Brisbane and get the compo pick  :wallywink.

I wonder if Paddy Ryder is somewhere in the equation although Brisbane are chasing Tippett and you would think they need their compo pick for that.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

dwaino

« Reply #1409 on: October 14, 2011, 11:27:06 PM »

Apart from Jeannie Pratt, no one at Carlton wants Fev back so that leaves 3 - Pies, North and us - and I don't see us wanting Fev either with Jack and Vickery kicking 100 goals between them, Griffiths in wings and of course our own old temporary mature rookie forward in Miller lol.

Also on One Week at a Time i think it was, just before the end of the home and away season when Dimma was on, they put the question to him and he said it was a very different situation with Cousins and the club has changed. He also clearly stated "not at our club." I think it's a no brained anyway as we have our own Coleman medalist, emerging big forwards, not to mention he doesn't even fit the MO. Confident we haven't even looked in Fev's general direction.