Author Topic: McMahon confident he will survive Tigerland cull (Age)  (Read 2594 times)

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: McMahon confident he will survive Tigerland cull (Age)
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2009, 11:56:22 PM »
Jordie turned the ball over a bit yesterday but so did heaps of his teamates. Jordie's foot skills actually stood out at times yesterday! Not a huge fan but a contract is a contract and believe in honouring it as that is what honest people do!

rubbish.

He doesn't deserve it and besides its a business my friend.

if you want to honour contracts maybe you should try watching netball or something.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2009, 12:26:38 AM »
Legally you have to honour contracts (in terms of monies agreed). If you don't want to honour a contract then either be prepared to be sued or better still don't agree to one in the first place.

There's only two options - keep him and play him in the VFL next year or pay him out of his contract. No other club will trade for him let alone take on a $300k contract. Not the only player either who we'll be stuck with next year thanks to giving fringe players multi-year contracts  ::).

I suppose you can pay part of the contract as part of a trade and then it forms part of next years salary cap.

I would think if we cull the list and bring in kids then we probably wont be paying close to 100% anyway so it would hurt us too much and if it frees up a spot then it's worth considering it 
That's true WP but even if we paid them I'd still doubt anyone else would want McMahon  :-\. He was playing VFL with the Doggies and he's playing VFL for us so he would just be classed as a list clogger even if he arrived for free at a third AFL club. 
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2009, 09:00:09 AM »
Don't bet your house on it Jordy.

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2009, 11:56:27 AM »
No other club will trade for him let alone take on a $300k contract. Not the only player either who we'll be stuck with next year thanks to giving fringe players multi-year contracts  ::).

A side like the Demons may have trouble reaching the 92.5% of the salary cap with all the kids they have on their list and their lack of superstars.

Although I don't like doing favours for other teams, we'd be helping Melbourne out by trading them McMahon and letting them pick up his contract.  ;D
« Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 02:44:43 PM by wayne »
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2009, 02:11:48 PM »
Jordie turned the ball over a bit yesterday but so did heaps of his teamates. Jordie's foot skills actually stood out at times yesterday! Not a huge fan but a contract is a contract and believe in honouring it as that is what honest people do!

rubbish.

He doesn't deserve it and besides its a business my friend.

if you want to honour contracts maybe you should try watching netball or something.
I do watch netball and you look great in a skirt 8)

Jackstar is back

« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2009, 08:14:23 PM »
There's only two options - keep him and play him in the VFL next year or pay him out of his contract. No other club will trade for him let alone take on a $300k contract. Not the only player either who we'll be stuck with next year thanks to giving fringe players multi-year contracts  ::).

who's fault is that ????????????????????????????????

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2009, 03:34:18 PM »
from blaisee on BF:

interestingly even though the trade period is over, and a new home was not found for Jordan Mcmahon , it would be wrong to assume that the RFC will be his place of employment in 2010, or indeed that he will have a place of employment in the AFL in 2010

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showpost.php?p=16051489&postcount=28

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2009, 03:42:25 PM »

Another reason for being able to trade future picks.

Imagine if we had a deal w St Kilda where we picked up 30-40% of his contract and on the basis of how many games he played next season picked up a future pick.

< 5 games = 2010 6th round
6-10 games = 5th round
11-15 games = 4th round
Otherwise 3rd round

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2009, 11:11:09 PM »
from blaisee on BF:

interestingly even though the trade period is over, and a new home was not found for Jordan Mcmahon , it would be wrong to assume that the RFC will be his place of employment in 2010, or indeed that he will have a place of employment in the AFL in 2010

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showpost.php?p=16051489&postcount=28

Coburg it is !!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2009, 03:57:57 AM »
Another reason for being able to trade future picks.

Imagine if we had a deal w St Kilda where we picked up 30-40% of his contract and on the basis of how many games he played next season picked up a future pick.

< 5 games = 2010 6th round
6-10 games = 5th round
11-15 games = 4th round
Otherwise 3rd round
Adrian Anderson said yesterday that trading future picks isn't on the AFL's short term agenda.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/future-picks-not-on-table/story-e6frf9jf-1225786845222