Author Topic: McMahon confident he will survive Tigerland cull (Age)  (Read 2848 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
McMahon confident he will survive Tigerland cull (Age)
« on: June 21, 2009, 02:55:55 AM »
From the Sunday Age by Brent Diamond | June 21, 2009

Richmond's Jordan McMahon is confident he will survive any cull at Tigerland at the end of the season despite being dumped to Coburg for the third time this season while the team takes a more youthful approach.

McMahon had 27 disposals for Coburg in its 45-point loss to Port Melbourne.

But the performance didn't satisfy Tigers development coach and new Coburg coach Craig McRae, who left the 26-year-old out of the best players.

McMahon continually turned the ball over in the first term, "but he wasn't alone", McRae said.

The former Bulldog remains optimistic about staying at Richmond despite being one of five players axed in Jade Rawlings' first game as senior coach last week.

Asked whether his career was on the line, McMahon said: "I reckon that's always been the case with the new coach or with the previous coach. When you come back to Coburg, you've got to work hard and do the right things. It's always a big objective to get back in.

"I think I've got a lot to offer still. I've got to work on various things. There's going to be fighting for spots in the team all over."

McMahon said there was renewed optimism at Richmond under Rawlings.

"It's very energetic," he said. "Jade gets along with the guys really well. He obviously has that amount of respect from them to be a coach and I think everyone's enjoying having someone fresh there."

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/rfnews/young-bulldog-injures-neck/2009/06/20/1244918237087.html

Ramps

Re: McMahon confident he will survive Tigerland cull (Age)
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2009, 05:24:49 AM »
Richmond supporters would donate money to get rid of him IMHO. So get rid of him. Wasting a spot on the list. Just get him out

Jackstar is back

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2009, 08:42:52 AM »
Richmond supporters would donate money to get rid of him IMHO. So get rid of him. Wasting a spot on the list. Just get him out

He shouldnt be on list. $300,000 a year for this clown, Thanks Terry

Offline TigerTime

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2009, 09:34:09 AM »
of course he is super confident he will be on our list next yr, the sanchez is contracted and he knows that no one will want him in a trade deal
well done to him  :banghead, will be the best paid vfl player next yr  :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead

Jackstar is back

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2009, 09:35:45 AM »
$15,000 a game playing VFL, paid by the RFC .
Coburg would be rubbing there hands :birthday

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
!
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2009, 09:49:55 AM »
Unless we get some real CLEVER PEOPLE at the club that WILL make hard decisions and wont except MEDIOCRITY we will have this scenario over and over and over again.
We need someone with BALLS to cull the crap and Ordinary and bring in QUALITY.

I am sick of this issue every year and Im sure all of you are also. We all want excellence....As supporters we should demand it.!!

Cut this hack and all the other hacks and lets build a team that will win a premiership.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2009, 11:06:54 AM »
Apart from being a father/son, there is a general sameness about McMahon and Bowden.
They play the easiest spot on the ground - on a back flank. Put the younger players there who can eventually be moved up the ground.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: !
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2009, 11:47:13 AM »
Unless we get some real CLEVER PEOPLE at the club that WILL make hard decisions and wont except MEDIOCRITY we will have this scenario over and over and over again.
We need someone with BALLS to cull the crap and Ordinary and bring in QUALITY.

I am sick of this issue every year and Im sure all of you are also. We all want excellence....As supporters we should demand it.!!

Cut this hack and all the other hacks and lets build a team that will win a premiership.

Post of the year IMO.

Not rockrt science is it. get rid of this type of player and we may just go somewhere.

Love the bit about renewed optisism under Rawlings. Suck i hope our next coach has balls to delist and cull these pretenders.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2009, 04:01:20 PM »
I believe he still has 12 months to go on his contract so I'm hoping they can organise a trade.

I am not obsessed with bashing TW and still would have liked to see him coach out the year like Shaw did  but had a chuckle when he mention / boasted that the Dogs traded Montgomery for Eagleton -  should have remembered that lesson when we traded McMahon for either Selwood or Callam Ward.

Anyway, life doesn't come with a rewind button

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2009, 04:56:05 PM »
I believe he still has 12 months to go on his contract so I'm hoping they can organise a trade.

I am not obsessed with bashing TW and still would have liked to see him coach out the year like Shaw did  but had a chuckle when he mention / boasted that the Dogs traded Montgomery for Eagleton -  should have remembered that lesson when we traded McMahon for either Selwood or Callam Ward.

Anyway, life doesn't come with a rewind button

no it doesnt but we just have to learn not to trade away our future for quick fixes
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2009, 04:58:48 PM »
If Jordan McMahon is on RFC list for any reason otehr than he's simply contracted I'll eat my shoe.

Go Tigers!

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2009, 05:44:18 PM »
Jordie turned the ball over a bit yesterday but so did heaps of his teamates. Jordie's foot skills actually stood out at times yesterday! Not a huge fan but a contract is a contract and believe in honouring it as that is what honest people do!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2009, 08:27:43 PM »
There's only two options - keep him and play him in the VFL next year or pay him out of his contract. No other club will trade for him let alone take on a $300k contract. Not the only player either who we'll be stuck with next year thanks to giving fringe players multi-year contracts  ::).
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2009, 08:42:11 PM »
You can pay some of a players contract even though hes been traded another club.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2009, 08:57:19 PM »
There's only two options - keep him and play him in the VFL next year or pay him out of his contract. No other club will trade for him let alone take on a $300k contract. Not the only player either who we'll be stuck with next year thanks to giving fringe players multi-year contracts  ::).

I suppose you can pay part of the contract as part of a trade and then it forms part of next years salary cap.

I would think if we cull the list and bring in kids then we probably wont be paying close to 100% anyway so it would hurt us too much and if it frees up a spot then it's worth considering it 
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)