Author Topic: Tall Backs  (Read 7052 times)

tony_montana

Re: Tall Backs
« Reply #75 on: May 22, 2011, 11:01:21 AM »
I was critical of him too earlier in the year. Doesn't mean I'd hold against him for the rest of his life, or hope he doesn't improve.
You just call it as you see it.
Last night he reminded me of Duncan Kellaway, brave as and rock solid
Good on him  :thumbsup

A duncan Kellaway that can kick

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #76 on: May 22, 2011, 11:08:13 AM »
Must have been tough watching the game last night Jack..........

We all know how much delight you take in the Tigers going bad.

Mate, I go everyweek. Great win last night, I get no joy about losing
good to see players improve. need to find consistency now.
Was rapped with Rances games, HUGE improvement over past couple of weeks.

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #77 on: May 22, 2011, 11:10:27 AM »
Rance was immense, credit where credit is due he was honestly sensational.

agree, was good tonight
So can he play or not Jack? Admit it, you were a massive wanker last week with all you wrote about Rance.
Some of our boys are young and learning, but if we think they are going to be superstars every week, we are just kiding ourselves. Maybe next time you'll just put it down as a bad game and not write the bloke off.
You seem like you have real passion Jack, but everytime we loose you jump on the first bloke that had a bad one!
Support all the boys Jack, they are all having a real crack and improving each week.  :thumbsup

Facts of the matter are that he play fantastic last  night, after poor efforts aginst Minson and Bradley.
Credit where its due, he was fantastic last night  :gotigers

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #78 on: May 22, 2011, 11:22:08 AM »
Perhaps he has been reading your posts on this forum Jack  :congrats
Yeah thought the same Mopsy :thumbsup

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #79 on: May 22, 2011, 02:01:01 PM »
Must have been tough watching the game last night Jack..........

We all know how much delight you take in the Tigers going bad.

Mate, I go everyweek. Great win last night, I get no joy about losing
good to see players improve. need to find consistency now.
Was rapped with Rances games, HUGE improvement over past couple of weeks.
spot on Jack. No doubt he's been frustrating in the past couple of weeks but I keep forgetting how young he is. He was fantastic last night.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #80 on: May 23, 2011, 11:09:07 PM »
Bellchambers was pick 8 in the 2008 pre-season draft
We took Gourdis at pick 1
Our last pick in the national draft that year was #51 Putt
Essendon's was #54 Hooker

There's the KPD and the Ruck that we are screaming out for that are in their best 22, taken with picks after ours, and we've got nothing to show for our "investments"  :banghead

I'm happy to not have bellchambers and hooker at punt road.

gerkin greg

« Reply #81 on: May 24, 2011, 09:59:25 AM »
and BTW against Freo - he was only on Bradley from half way through the 3rd qtr, was on McPhee before that and beat him (watched that game again yesterday b4 I went to the 'G)

How can this be true? Jackstar goes to the game and watches the replay twice. lmfao
So Rance moves to Bradley then we absolutely run away with the game. Well that's a stuffing eye opener. For some.  ;D

writing off young players after a bad game are we mate?  ;)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #82 on: May 26, 2011, 09:42:36 AM »
Na, just do don't like the essendon tossers.

and BTW against Freo - he was only on Bradley from half way through the 3rd qtr, was on McPhee before that and beat him (watched that game again yesterday b4 I went to the 'G)

How can this be true? Jackstar goes to the game and watches the replay twice. lmfao
So Rance moves to Bradley then we absolutely run away with the game. Well that's a effing eye opener. For some.  ;D

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #83 on: May 26, 2011, 09:54:34 AM »
watch the rotations please.
of course they swap opponents during the course of the game
Pretty hard to mind someone when they are sitting on the interchange bench :banghead

the claw

« Reply #84 on: May 26, 2011, 01:33:01 PM »

So Rance moves to Bradley then we absolutely run away with the game. Well that's a effing eye opener. For some.  ;D

yep thers a lot of writing off young players after one game but there is also a lot of proclaiming young players after one decent game.

on rance and its just my opinion in the main over the journey hes been very ordinary.
against essendon like all and sundry have said he had a very good game.  does this mean all of a sudden his deficiencies have disappeared and hes become a good player.

credit to him he played a ripper but i for one wont be proclaiming him a player until he can CONSISTENTLY  play to the standard.
god knows we have had a shedload of deficient players over the yrs play the odd blinder or even the odd decent season only to revert back to their level and go by the wayside.
personally i have no faith in rance making it  and as such if in charge would be organising the list accordingly just in case.
the upside is hes still only 21 only played 30 odd games. hes in yr 4 and by now you do want to see good signs. perhaps the essendon game is the beginning of better things to come. being a fourth yr player though does mean he should be open to some criticism.

personally atm if i had to choose between hooker and rance id take hooker in a heart beat thats not to say over time it may change. hookers 2011  season to date has been pretty good apart from the very quite one against us  and one earlier n the season. this on top of a decent 2010 and 09.

hooker actually gets just as much ball as rance and yep makes his fair share of mistakes with it in hand. but in the main he has made solid decisions and uses it okay.. in the air imo is where hooker has it over rance he takes a decent grab is good one on one in the main and is reliable. rance is 21 and played 30 odd games  and hooker is 22 and played 40 odd games. i reckon hooker has been reasonable for the last 3 seasons.i think hooker a nice mix of attack and most importantly defend. hes a great size and more than capable of playing on your browns clokes dawes etc. ican say i think hooker will be a decent mid to long term afl player i dont know if one can categorically say that about alex yet.
anyway just my perspective. im hoping like hell rance becomes a very good big bodied rebounding kpp for us i was all over him as a junior but its as a senior i have concerns.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #85 on: May 26, 2011, 03:46:15 PM »
Why don't you compare Hooker's 2010 to Rance's 2011 or we should wait until next year and then compare Rance's 2012 to Hooker's 2011
Personally I'd take Rance, Hooker is slow

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #86 on: May 26, 2011, 04:22:16 PM »

yep thers a lot of writing off young players after one game but there is also a lot of proclaiming young players after one decent game.

on rance and its just my opinion in the main over the journey hes been very ordinary.
against essendon like all and sundry have said he had a very good game.  does this mean all of a sudden his deficiencies have disappeared and hes become a good player.

credit to him he played a ripper but i for one wont be proclaiming him a player until he can CONSISTENTLY  play to the standard.
god knows we have had a shedload of deficient players over the yrs play the odd blinder or even the odd decent season only to revert back to their level and go by the wayside.
personally i have no faith in rance making it  and as such if in charge would be organising the list accordingly just in case.
the upside is hes still only 21 only played 30 odd games. hes in yr 4 and by now you do want to see good signs. perhaps the essendon game is the beginning of better things to come. being a fourth yr player though does mean he should be open to some criticism.

personally atm if i had to choose between hooker and rance id take hooker in a heart beat thats not to say over time it may change. hookers 2011  season to date has been pretty good apart from the very quite one against us  and one earlier n the season. this on top of a decent 2010 and 09.

hooker actually gets just as much ball as rance and yep makes his fair share of mistakes with it in hand. but in the main he has made solid decisions and uses it okay.. in the air imo is where hooker has it over rance he takes a decent grab is good one on one in the main and is reliable. rance is 21 and played 30 odd games  and hooker is 22 and played 40 odd games. i reckon hooker has been reasonable for the last 3 seasons.i think hooker a nice mix of attack and most importantly defend. hes a great size and more than capable of playing on your browns clokes dawes etc. ican say i think hooker will be a decent mid to long term afl player i dont know if one can categorically say that about alex yet.
anyway just my perspective. im hoping like hell rance becomes a very good big bodied rebounding kpp for us i was all over him as a junior but its as a senior i have concerns.

Correct Claw

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #87 on: May 26, 2011, 07:25:55 PM »
Wouldn't rather hooker over any of rance. Grimes. Astbury, myself.