Author Topic: last nights commentary  (Read 2395 times)

Offline dizza

• Premiership Captain
Re: last nights commentary
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2011, 06:15:06 PM »
Matty Lloyd was drooling over Judd all night. embarrassing really, for a "professional" commentator.
Push up!

10 FLAGS

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2011, 07:57:06 PM »
Matty Lloyd was drooling over Judd all night. embarrassing really, for a "professional" commentator.

Wasnt the only one, the 4 bozos controlling the match were disgraceful. Fair dinkum its gotten to the stage where these muppets will start ordering flowers from Inter Flora for their idol. Its stuffen sickening. You cant touch the prick without him getting a free kick. I swear they're almost at the stage where any opposition player just looking at Judd will be pinged for some non existant offence. Its just disgraceful.

jackstar is back again

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2011, 08:14:43 PM »
i actually thought the umpiring was good

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2011, 09:10:28 PM »
one hd commentary was like a carlton love in. Quarterbrain was leading the charge with his emotional enthusiasm when Carlton was on top, and his tempered and measured commentary when we were playing well.

Lloyd was sucked in and started pandering all the special comments their way, but in his defence, he siad some good things about us later in the game.

I'm told he's a fan of clam chowder

Lloyd also said that Graham was the best big man on the ground and he was very impressed with him. I have no idea what game he was watching though as it couldnt be the one I was. Lloyd is bad but not Tim Watson bad. YET

Timmy is a nice boy and all the old ladies love him. :thumbsup

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2011, 09:11:02 PM »

Bool!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2011, 09:19:08 PM »
Yep I had no problem with the umps last night. It must have been the first time in history Judd was actually pinged for holding the ball doing a 360. I almost split my drink in shock. The umps have always turned a blind eye when Judd does that whereas everyone else is instantly pinged. About bloody time too! The only free that really peeed me off last night was either Edwards or Batchelor I think face down with Betts sitting on their back but no free given and then we got pinged for holding the ball when Betts dragged the ball back in.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline dizza

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2011, 09:39:23 PM »

umpiring was pretty good, in fairness to them. at least this time around i didn't get on TV going off my nut at them, so they must have improved at least a bit!
Push up!

« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2011, 09:49:16 PM »
Yep I had no problem with the umps last night. It must have been the first time in history Judd was actually pinged for holding the ball doing a 360. I almost split my drink in shock. The umps have always turned a blind eye when Judd does that whereas everyone else is instantly pinged. About bloody time too! The only free that really peeed me off last night was either Edwards or Batchelor I think face down with Betts sitting on their back but no free given and then we got pinged for holding the ball when Betts dragged the ball back in.

Hmmmmm

:lol

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2011, 09:38:50 AM »

Agree Jack but Ramps is also dead right.  Any wonder Judd won last years Brownlow when not one member of the wider AFL community gave him a chance.  He must have photos of an umpiring fraternity group love-in.

tony_montana

« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2011, 10:39:30 AM »
He got a free for holding at several contests - umpires look out for him too much.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2011, 10:50:28 AM »
Fair enought to a degree they pay a little extra attention to the better layers in the comp.
But seriously Judd is ubber protected.
I was in the MCC behind the bench and when Jacko came on to go to Judd, an umpy not involved in the play 50 metres away only had eyes for Jacko going to Judd, he seriously had the whistle ready as soon as Jacko made contact. Was just a bump and hello I'm here FFS way over the top wish we got one's like that  :banghead

Apart from that and the holding the ball mentioned I must admitt they weren't that bad for once. :gobdrop

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2011, 10:52:52 AM »
I bought myself one of the radios that allow you to to listen to the umps during the game. A very interesting experience indeed!

They are constantly alerting each other to players who are getting in each others faces, so to speak. Judds name came up a lot. a number of times after hearing " Judd and such and such" Judd recieved a free kick.

Martin's name also was heard a bit, but not once did he get a free though.

Is this a bias or are our players just not discreet enough? Probbably a little bit of both to me.

The thing i found unusual was that the umps would alert each other to who was playing on who. This happened all during the St kilda Geelong game as well ( What a spectacle that game was :nope).

These radios give you a good insight into why the umps' decision making.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2011, 11:25:46 AM »
I bought myself one of the radios that allow you to to listen to the umps during the game. A very interesting experience indeed!

They are constantly alerting each other to players who are getting in each others faces, so to speak. Judds name came up a lot. a number of times after hearing " Judd and such and such" Judd recieved a free kick.

Martin's name also was heard a bit, but not once did he get a free though.

Is this a bias or are our players just not discreet enough? Probbably a little bit of both to me.

The thing i found unusual was that the umps would alert each other to who was playing on who. This happened all during the St kilda Geelong game as well ( What a spectacle that game was :nope).

You recover well enough from Thursday night to get to a game yesterday Al?  I didn't!!  :cheers   :sleep  Bloody shots.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2011, 11:54:04 AM »
only just  :angel:
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2011, 01:23:52 PM »

Sounds like a miraculous machine indeed  :lol.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd