Author Topic: The Batchelor free kick thread.  (Read 5459 times)

dwaino

Re: The Batchelor free kick thread.
« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2012, 05:36:44 PM »

2) if it is indeed breaking the laws of the game why dont they always pay the free.

Sheen put it well on On the Couch on Monday. He said that if it justifies a free then why wasn't it paid on first contact? It's either a free or nothing. It's either within the laws or it isn't.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2012, 01:36:59 PM »

"With Batchelor, it's a definite free kick." 

"He did it more than once (4 times) and the umpire would've have told him to stop it."

Would have or did?

If the umpire did indeed tell Batch to cut it out after the first couple of instances then it's fair enough IMO and Batchelor is an idiot for continuing.
However purely going by the vision, Batch seemed clueless to any direction to stop it and was genuinely shocked when pinged.
I think The Giesh is just making poo up to cover his umpires behind for an overreaction but if Batchelor was directed to stop, he has no one to blame but himself.
The umps are miked up aren't they? I didn't hear anything on the replay said by the ump to Batch. Giesch just making stuff up to defend the indefensible  ::). In any case if "throwing elbows and forearms" is going to be stamped out then why didn't Batch receive a free first for Cameron swinging his elbow back into Batch's midrift  ::). The idiot even contradicted himself again by saying Batch deserved to be penalised because he niggled Cameron more than once just before they went to the clip of Judd's niggle on Priddis when Judd did it just once before copping 50m against. Giesch then says ...."oh yeah he did it just once in this case but the ump wanted to get the game moving". Giesch is just making it up as he goes along  :banghead. He needs to go NOW as he's as useless as umpires coach as he was as Richmond coach  :banghead.

Did anyone else hear Andy D yesterday saying players and coaches don't receive the scrutiny umpires do?  :huh. Geez they live in fairyland at AFL House. Players and coaches are sacked for repeatedly poor performance and how about Josh Hunt getting bagged for pulling out of a contest a couple of weeks back or our Jack getting bagged after the Essendon game. Andy D must have missed that  :wallywink.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2012, 02:02:14 PM »
Andy D is a deluded, disconnected clown.  Crap like this makes you wonder if the AFL and the actual sport itself are even related to each other anymore except in name, they have placed themselves in such a high tower to peer down on the rest of us it is hilarious to hear the dribble that comes forth.  They need to start reconnecting to the the sport and stop getting FAT at functions  before they destroy their cash cow.
Lots of people name their swords......

the claw

« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2012, 07:33:59 PM »
this is one thing i can agree on with all my fellow supporters not just tiger ones.
the standard of umpiring is abysmal and fundamental interpretaions have been changed to the great detriment of the game and confusion of supporters.

those two carlton tweeters were right the fundamental rule of going in and getting the ball first is out the window. the holding the ball rule is a disgrace the in the back rule is so dumb it could only have come from a mentally impaied person like anderson and that is no disrespect to the mentally impaired who have more sense than anderson and demetriou combined. no more bumps no more this no more that they let scrums form rather than quickly blowing the whistle and balling it up asap. theres no consistency from week to week we have an interchange rule that crucifys sides  we have a deliberate oob rule that changes not only weekly but when the opposition supporters howl loud enough during a game. bloody hell one could go on and on.

im getting on  and so many of my generation have just turned their back on the game most say na its no longer footy and they are right.

the worst of it all is the afl and everything about it is so sterile and heavily censored. you cant say what you think you cant criticise in any way or they rub you out or fine you.
if not for richmond i would gladly never watch another afl game in my life and i have always considered myself a lover of the game first and foremost. there are lots like me.