Author Topic: Changes for next week against the Bombers?  (Read 2487 times)

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Changes for next week against the Bombers?
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2013, 05:35:30 PM »
Bad luck for Grimsey, I still think that Conca is weeks away.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2013, 05:50:54 PM »
I would bring in Astbury particularly in light of 'the aggravation of the injury to Grimes. I would keep Batchelor in the team. Batchelor should not be playing on a key position forward. I would keep Grigg in the team. I can see why Grigg frustrates many supporters-he runs at the one pace, doesn't chase, not good at spoiling and coughs up possession with some crap handpassing but having said that he does have some good attributes such as finding space and is good at short passing. He is a classic receiver and there is no point expecting him to change. It is like Jackson no matter how crap he plays he always gets a game. Nahas is not playing well and must be close to being dropped. McGuane didn't play well against Port or Melbourne but apparently Edwards played poorly against Werribee so maybe McGuane will survive. Would consider bringing in Griffiths

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2013, 06:52:36 PM »
For me the biggest problem we have is kicking a winning score against decent opposition.
Most here can pick our backline and it doesn't change much.
We have a great midfield that gives us plenty of inside 50's, but we cannot seem to be able to benefit from it. And it's been happening for awhile now.
We need to try something new, kicking 13 goals against a Geelong or Hawthorn or even an Essendon isn't enough to win you those games, especially with the way sides can score against our young developing backline. What we have been doing simply isn't working.
I hear people talk about 'like for like' or 'keeping our structures', which in our case isn't working. Replacing Nahas with White just isn't enough to change things so we can kick 20 odd goals.
Why not go in this week with something like this, at the very least we would be less predictable.

McGuane    Jack    Dusty
King    A. Edwards      Vickory    (and they all need to get some separation, which we fail to do most
                                                    weeks making it easy for opposing backman to help each other out)

At least with that forward 6 you know you'll get a massive contest. They are all big bodied and offer something different. With Cotch and Lids rotating with Dusty, and Maric rotating with Vickory.
They are all good tacklers and more importantly WANT to tackle.
They are all good marks of the footy
They are all good below their knees for biggish guys (King excluded) which opposition backman will find it hard to match.
Just remember, opposition teams will need to match up against US, let's make it hard for them to do so.
One last thing, the bigger the opposition backman they use to man up on our tall forwardline, the less run they get out of there backline as well.
Win, win for the RFC.  :gotigers

the claw

« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2013, 09:58:10 PM »
big tone essendon structure up every week down back  with fletcher 198/93 , hooker 197/98 and carlisle 200/98 regardless of the opposition. usually if one is injured in comes pears.they stick to their structures regardless of the opposition. geelong collingwood in fact nearly all sides stick to their structures regardless of opposition.

in some ways we are not dissimilar chaplin 195/95, rance 193/96, grimes 192/88 but we regularly go with just two tall defenders.  grimes gets hurt we bring in batchelor a medium sized plyer who should not be playing on key forwards.
if we talk quality and effectiveness id take all three of essendons tall  defenders over ours.
plus our backline is not that  young apart from maybe two.

morris is 24 - chaplin 27 - grimes 22

houli 25 - rance 23 - batchelor 21/newman 31/ dea 21 plus ellis vlastuin a couple of kids. imo we are desperately searching for a kpd still.
atm im looking at a backline of

morris - chaplin grimes
dea - astbury - mcintosh when ready.

the biggest problem remains skills and decision making but people dont want to acknowledge these things because it means favorite players have to go. another problem is those in specific roles ie kpf dont do the job that  the role requires.

our mids make far too many skill errors and decion errors, our forwards lack the skills and smarts to capitalise on the many forward entries we generate and our backs make far too many elementry errors and thus leake like sieves.

finally i would have thought jack vickery and mcguane have been the mainstay tall forwards all yr i would have thought king a mainstay forward  and martin a  mid who has  spent considerable time forward as part of rotations.

if you want to change it  play two permanent KPFS  RIEWOLDT AND ONE OF  ELTON/ASTBURY/GRIFFITHS.
Play vickery as a bloody ruckman  who goes forward.
people are kidding themselves if they think mcguane and vickery can play as  permanent key forwards. mcguane plays third tall who is there because he gives a contest and can apply some sort of defensive pressure.he is never going to convert opportunities because of his skillset.jake king is the same hes there because he provides pressure but kills us when we need a bit polish to convert the many entries we generate. nahas and white are geezus nothing but hacks. hacks have always been hacks. the sad thing is mcguane has outperformed a lot of the forwards and king shows em all up for intensity therin lies our problem.
we need 3 genuine tall forwards we need a classy mobile medium forward who can take a mark and we need a couple of sml/med forwards who have some freakin skills.
i agree some one like a edwards a bloddy medium sized player who takes a mark should be getting a game. but what happens if we drop mcguane for edwards id say dustin fletchers job just got easier going from playing on a genuine tall at least to a  184cm medium.

ffs two permanent  genuine kpfs, 1 resting ruck/for  and then your mediums and smls.

how freakin blind are we.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2013, 09:42:44 AM »
Doesn't look like we need anyone to cover Nathan Lovett-Murray if he was going to play.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2013, 10:47:16 AM »
Doesn't look like we need anyone to cover Nathan Lovett-Murray if he was going to play.

Believe he was Smokey, that's what the AGE is reporting
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2013, 11:01:29 AM »

Just read that myself..
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"