Author Topic: Mid Season Break - Yay  (Read 3368 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Mid Season Break - Yay
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2005, 07:14:12 AM »
Cogs is really peeing me off. He just turns it over way too much.

I'm a big fan of Cogs but he was almost as bad as Tivs was last week. Running back into the path of Richo and stuffing up what should have been a simple mark for the big fella, missing targets by foot to his shocking attempts on goal. Even the one that went through in the second quarter was a floating up and under. No wonder he struggles to kick goals from around 40 metres and beyond.

He shouldn't be a protected species from criticism.

Likewise Bowden's game was on par with his pre-dropping to Coburg days. Not sure how Simmonds can mark a ball that bounces 1m in front on him  :scream
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2005, 12:51:11 PM »
I'm a big fan of Cogs but he was almost as bad as Tivs was last week. Running back into the path of Richo and stuffing up what should have been a simple mark for the big fella, missing targets by foot to his shocking attempts on goal. Even the one that went through in the second quarter was a floating up and under. No wonder he struggles to kick goals from around 40 metres and beyond.

Not that i was counting or anything ;D but in the first quarter there were 4 errors by Cogs that either resulted in a turnover or created so much pressure on his teammate that his teammate turned it over. Granted my expectations of Cogs is probably higer than what I have of others but the running back into the road of Richo was unforgivable made all the worse after watching the replay and seeing the big fella yell MINE :banghead

So true  ;)

Likewise Bowden's game was on par with his pre-dropping to Coburg days. Not sure how Simmonds can mark a ball that bounces 1m in front on him  :scream

But I will defend Bowden for trying to make something hanppen it was a pity that he had no support from one his teammates in the second when he was running through the centre (Hello Chris Hyde).

It's funny (not haha funny btw) how the kids do the right thing gameplan wise - Deledio always tries to bring it back into the centre corridor but our more seasoned players struggle with this concept

The players should be shown a tape of this game but not how we playted but how the Crows played - moving the ball back through the centre to get the easy pass to the leading forwards
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2005, 05:11:36 PM »

So true  ;)

Funny that  ;D.

Hi to bg25 and Moi too :thumbsup

The players should be shown a tape of this game but not how we playted but how the Crows played - moving the ball back through the centre to get the easy pass to the leading forwards

Exactly  :thumbsup. And all simply as a result of working hard for each other to present options and create space.

Offline Razorblade

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2005, 05:43:04 PM »
IMO a lot of Tigers supporters would be cautious about criticizing Coughlan considering how much he is loved my Tigers supporters!

Offline DallasCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • roll on 2011
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2005, 12:49:07 AM »

Granted my expectations of Cogs is probably higer than what I have of others but the running back into the road of Richo was unforgivable made all the worse after watching the replay and seeing the big fella yell MINE :banghead

I have to disagree with that WP.

Coughlan bravely backed back into that situation- Richo should have seen that he was going to take the mark. My thoughts at the time were "Where's Richo's vision?"
Experience is a good school. But the fees are high.
Heinrich Heine

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2005, 01:07:06 PM »

I have to disagree with that WP.

Coughlan bravely backed back into that situation- Richo should have seen that he was going to take the mark. My thoughts at the time were "Where's Richo's vision?"

Interesting take Dallas -  one that never crossed my mind I must say.

Backing back to take a mark is courageous I agree the only problem to me at least was in this situation and this is the tack I took - there was no need to go backing back because Richo was leading out. I would agrue that Cogs wouldn't have taken the mark because the Crows defender was heading forward. Richo doesn't go for the ball and he is most likely (actually considering it's Richo we are talking about here it's a given ;D) pinged for an illegal sheppard.

The other thing was to me Richo's job is; as a forward to lead out in the forward 50. Cogs job is as a mid-fielder and run and carry the ball. Richo was doing what he was supposed to do. We all cry out for Richo to be given some space and to be in the situation for a one on one contest - in this case he didn't get that opportunity.

Just my take we can agree to disagree :thumbsup

« Last Edit: June 21, 2005, 01:24:44 PM by WilliamPowell »

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2005, 12:14:23 AM »
Whoever's fault it was in that collision between Cogs and Richo there obviously wasn't any talking or awareness going on  :scream.

Offline DallasCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • roll on 2011
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2005, 01:00:23 AM »

The other thing was to me Richo's job is; as a forward to lead out in the forward 50. Cogs job is as a mid-fielder and run and carry the ball. Richo was doing what he was supposed to do. We all cry out for Richo to be given some space and to be in the situation for a one on one contest - in this case he didn't get that opportunity.

WP, wouldn't you want to see the forward line less Richo concious and more encouraging for midfielders to drift in and take those sort of marks? We lack those midfielders that can find space around the 40m mark by drifting in, ala the Demons lately.

Coggers wont be drifting back inside 50 to take the mark if he keeps getting caned by Richo like that...

Just my take we can agree to disagree :thumbsup

I love reading people's different takes on the game.  8)
Heinrich Heine

Offline DallasCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • roll on 2011
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2005, 01:08:14 AM »
We lack those midfielders that can find space around the 40m mark by drifting in, ala the Demons lately.

To add to that, Tuck can seem to get open a lot at that range, but not get used.

Heinrich Heine

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2005, 01:41:52 PM »

WP, wouldn't you want to see the forward line less Richo concious and more encouraging for midfielders to drift in and take those sort of marks? We lack those midfielders that can find space around the 40m mark by drifting in, ala the Demons lately.

Yes when the need arises but I also like to see them honour Richo's first lead when he is one on one a little more often instead waiting for him to be tripled teamed ;) Also on Saturday night I would have liked to see Richo take the easy mark and then handball quickly onto the Cogs for him to kick a goal (as long as he kicks through the bloody ball of course ;D)

:thumbsup ;D :thumbsup