Author Topic: LMAO  (Read 2252 times)

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
Re: LMAO
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2014, 11:58:27 PM »
Didn't like Dusty down back either..... Too many chip over the top kicks to no one!!!!!

A master stroke from the master accounting.
Caracella and Balmey.

Online Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2014, 12:18:26 AM »
As Ive said previously - playing Dustin Martin down back is a good idea.....

.....if you have at least three other Dustin Martins in your side.....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2014, 07:26:37 AM »
Actually I hate to say this but am sure tonight I saw some "token" tackles, apparent desperate mid air dives which put our player immediately out of play, more obviously a soft option to avoid having to chase, not a nice sight amd needs attention from our defensive coaches

Houli is the best air diver we have, Olympic standard

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2014, 09:38:32 AM »
Didn't like Dusty down back either..... Too many chip over the top kicks to no one!!!!!
him and every other bloke that took possession off half back, but yeah, the problem was obviously caused by playing martin there at times.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2014, 09:43:13 AM »
You blokes are embarrassing. We didn't play well. It happens. We won't be the only team to lose to GC at home this year. Must bounce back next game and who better to do it against than Carlton at the G

:clapping

We wouldn't have as many posters on here if we won every week too. There are some I just imagine that after a loss walk to the computer in the biggest huff and mash their chubby little fingers away   :shh

so you were happy with tonights proceedings Pipe?
how could anyone be happy with that. it was plain a simple pox.

But every time we have a loss, its the same olds carrying on as if they expect us to win every single game the world is about end when we lose.

#cenemtincoffee

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2014, 10:51:07 AM »
we shouldnt have to put up with half arsed efforts like saw today. only cotchin deledio griffiths and 1 or 2 others could ask for their wages the rest played like a pack of overpaid bludgers on the gravy train.
That's just garbage. You really think players went half arsed ? We went hard but we just didn't execute and couldn't really get going all night. We had 11 inside 50s to 2 in the first 10 mins of the last. We scored nothing , they scored 2 goals from 2 entries. That's when momentum swung. And even then , if Dusty gets that free we're a goal down with a minute to play.

We reverted to Wallace football last night - take possession, immediately prop, stop, run back, handball further back to a stationary option, then give no support or back up to that option.  Repeat until 30-40 mts further away from your goals and under growing pressure then cough the ball up and watch the opposition run hard into clear space and deliver with urgency and precision to a one-on-one contest in their forward line.  Simple and effective - worked brilliantly for us for the 5 years it took Wallace to ingrain it into our psyche.

Our biggest deficiencies last night imho:

Absolute refusal to run forward with the ball in hand.
Absolute refusal to provide a running option upfield to the ball carrier.
Disgraceful delivery into the forward line by our mids.
Complete inability (or desire) to keep our feet.
Zero pressure on their ball carrier.

And the annoying, frustrating and disappointing part is that these are all old traits; a direct consequence of attitude that I thought we had largely eliminated from our game.  It has nothing at all to do with ability, skill or conditions.

Offline froars

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2014, 11:06:15 AM »
Over-possessing garbage as well, they drive me insane

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2014, 11:41:02 AM »
Yep, I forgot that one Froars!   :thumbsup

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2014, 12:20:02 PM »
You blokes are embarrassing. We didn't play well. It happens. We won't be the only team to lose to GC at home this year. Must bounce back next game and who better to do it against than Carlton at the G

:clapping

We wouldn't have as many posters on here if we won every week too. There are some I just imagine that after a loss walk to the computer in the biggest huff and mash their chubby little fingers away   :shh

so you were happy with tonights proceedings Pipe?
how could anyone be happy with that. it was plain a simple pox.

But every time we have a loss, its the same olds carrying on as if they expect us to win every single game the world is about end when we lose.

#cenemtincoffee

Like babies without their rattles

Offline flea03

• Future Richmond star
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2014, 01:51:29 PM »
modern day footy truly is shocking

KB is right, if the game continues like this, i would rather watch grass grow.

im all for KB , 2 on the bench like the game was years ago, and limit rotations/interchanges. this will bring back positional play and long kicking and get rid of the 36 onball brigade chasing the ball like little league