Author Topic: GWS young guns targeted by Vic clubs / Cashed-up Richmond front of queue (H-Sun)  (Read 9460 times)

No More

Hearing that Patrick Dangerfield has put on a bit of a show in Adelaide today? As for DH we were into him last year from what I know.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
Wrong club look at the other club in Syd.
DH would look good in tiger colours.
Under long term contract , little chance,
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
So just wondering ..... who is the best player people here would be prepared to give up to get, say, a Will Hoskin-Elliot or Adam Treloar?

We've got a bit of a stockpile of backmen, if we keep Rance you might dangle Astbury. Prefer Chaplin gets traded but GWS wouldn't be that stupid.
unbelievable comment.

chaplin - 30 yr old battler.

grimes -  third tall battler.
astbury - injury riddled kpd.
elton - kpd  another fwd we hope becomes a defender has not shown a lot to date.
rance - only decent tall defender we have.

the tall defensive stocks imo are dire. if rance does go they become worse than dire. not only are the numbers low the quality is clearly lacking.

was all for taking durdin lever or even goddard with pick 12 and the above is the reason why. durdin and lever   imo had the quality about them to warrant useing pick 12.

Don't agree with you Claw don't see a problem in our backline.You keep saying we got issues there but you don't have the facts to back it up.How many big forwards have got a hold of us last 2 yrs not many at all yes sometimes those crumber forwards.Our bacline for me is in the top 5 in the afl.You can't expect stars in every position.Take a look at the Dockers have they got a star studded back line besides Mcpharlin who is 33.Rance has been the best one on one defender last 2 seasons in the comp and you still say he can't play on the big monster forwards.

Hellenic Tiger

Whatever we do its not good enough.
One day we'll win the flag and even then some won't be happy.
It's like the Collingwood finals failure mystique. It's better for them to draw or lose a game in the most compelling of circumstances. Colliwobbles. Winning a GF in October than just winning.

Same with us we just wait for the good start then wait for us to hit the wall and then fall over.

I told you so, I told you so I told you so.

It's not about being a darksider or whatever. I hurt last year too during the first half read my posts
but it all aint doom and gloom.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
Its like life, all about the journey and the here and now.
For 6 hours Thursday night all the troubles and ?s vanished and all that existed was that moment with the Tigers.
Dont worry, I get as frustrated as anyone sometimes and live for a flag.
But Im gunna enjoy it as much as I can until then.

Cant wait for Saturday arvo at the G next week  :gotigers

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Its like life, all about the journey and the here and now.
For 6 hours Thursday night all the troubles and ?s vanished and all that existed was that moment with the Tigers.
Dont worry, I get as frustrated as anyone sometimes and live for a flag.
But Im gunna enjoy it as much as I can until then.

Cant wait for Saturday arvo at the G next week  :gotigers

+1
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
GWS star Shiel stays coy on future
Nat Edwards  April 6, 2015 8:30 AM

I won't lie, it's always hard obviously with family down in Melbourne and friends but like any player you go through challenges
Dylan Shiel
EMERGING GWS midfielder Dylan Shiel insists ongoing contract talks won’t be a distraction for him this season as he weighs up his future.

The 22-year-old Victorian is out of contract at the end of the season and is yet to re-sign with the Giants, who are keen to shore up their stock of young stars.

Shiel had a career-best season last year, averaging 23 possessions and five tackles per game.

His speed, power and ability to the break the lines is a tantalising prospect for any team, in particular several Victorian-based clubs who will be hoping to lure the midfielder back home.

After the Giants’ season-opening win against St Kilda, Shiel said he was "pretty happy" at GWS but admitted it was difficult living away from his family.

"At the moment I'm just looking forward to playing out the year. I'll leave the negotiations to my manager and the Giants, but all good signs so far," Shiel told AFL.com.au.

"I won't lie, it's always hard obviously with family down in Melbourne and friends but like any player you go through challenges.

"I feel like the club is really good at understanding the wellbeing of the players. Everyone has a really good lifestyle here at the club.”

Shiel, who was one of the Giants' best players in the nine-point win over St Kilda on Sunday with 28 disposals and six clearances, said he was bullish about the club's future.

"We're a real tight bunch at Greater Western Sydney. The more we play together, the stronger the bond we build, so we are starting to develop really strong relationships,” he said.

Retaining young talent will continue to be a challenge for the Giants.

The club has lost key position players Kristian Jaksch and Tom Boyd, and midfielder Dom Tyson, to their home states in recent years.

However, the Giants have been buoyed by the re-signing of Victorian natives Jeremy Cameron and Devon Smith this year.

Also out-of-contract at the end of 2015 are Adam Treloar, who is originally from Melbourne, and West Australian Stephen Coniglio.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-04-06/shiel-on-contract
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
Dangerfield probably putting a cross through Geelong right about now.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
Dangerfield probably putting a cross through Geelong right about now.
:lol hope so
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
Shiel>dangerfield