Author Topic: GWS young guns targeted by Vic clubs / Cashed-up Richmond front of queue (H-Sun)  (Read 9487 times)

No More

So just wondering ..... who is the best player people here would be prepared to give up to get, say, a Will Hoskin-Elliot or Adam Treloar?
Hampson + Grigg. They can have two for one!

lets throw in Michael laffy and Peter Czerkaski for some classic vintage value of the modern era  ;D

Hellenic Tiger

What are you hearing now Bo ?
if i had to guess multiple voices from different characters. gollum and smeagal come to mind.
:ROTFL

Hellenic Tiger

So just wondering ..... who is the best player people here would be prepared to give up to get, say, a Will Hoskin-Elliot or Adam Treloar?
Hampson + Grigg. They can have two for one!

lets throw in Michael laffy and Peter Czerkaski for some classic vintage value of the modern era  ;D

Don't forget matchwinner Chris Pym and no 1 pick Richard Lounder. ;)

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
I reckon Wayne Henneman & Steven James would be a little miffed that weren't offered up as part of that trade
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia

We've got a bit of a stockpile of backmen, if we keep Rance you might dangle Astbury. Prefer Chaplin gets traded but GWS wouldn't be that stupid.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
Would be sad to see him go but if we traded Deledio for WHE or Treloar I'd understand

Online Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....

We've got a bit of a stockpile of backmen, if we keep Rance you might dangle Astbury. Prefer Chaplin gets traded but GWS wouldn't be that stupid.

Not sure it's quite the embarrassment of riches down back and doubt Astbury would fetch much at this stage, unless he has a real breakout year.

Would be sad to see him go but if we traded Deledio for WHE or Treloar I'd understand

I think that's more along the lines of what it would actually take.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
agree about the sort of player it would take.

Although not an embarrassment of riches, the backmen are the closest we have to having excess of, all others we are still deficient in

With where we are at, it becomes difficult to trade for a decent young player. We are unlikely to have a decent draft pick so we would have to give up a decent player in return, with the risk that we would be simply robbing Peter to play Paul.

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame

I think that's more along the lines of what it would actually take.

Yep but if one were to nominate Richmond we'd be in a good position to offer someone like an Edwards and realistically probably a sweetener like a draft pick or a younger player who hasn't quite come on like maybe a Mcdonuts. Is very unlikely to happen but that would be a damn good scenario

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Shiel and Treloar leading the GWS stats..
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
Shiel pls
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame

unbelievable comment.

chaplin - 30 yr old battler.
grimes -  third tall battler.
astbury - injury riddled kpd.
elton - kpd  another fwd we hope becomes a defender has not shown a lot to date.
rance - only decent tall defender we have.

the tall defensive stocks imo are dire. if rance does go they become worse than dire. not only are the numbers low the quality is clearly lacking.

was all for taking durdin lever or even goddard with pick 12 and the above is the reason why. durdin and lever   imo had the quality about them to warrant useing pick 12.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Treloar leading possessions 26, Shiel 21.

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Treloar finished with 32 possessions, 1 goal, 5 marks and 5 tackles..

Shiel finished with 28 possessions, 1 goal, 6 marks and 3 tackles..

"Rucks:

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
Wrong club look at the other club in Syd.
DH would look good in tiger colours.