Author Topic: Why Richmond is a Shakespearean tragedy .... (Adel. Advertiser)  (Read 4856 times)

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Why Richmond is a Shakespearean tragedy .... (Adel. Advertiser)
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2015, 06:45:33 PM »
LMAO at the richmond trait where we can bag the the club merclessly, but as soon as an outsider has something to say we get all indignant.

For the most part of that article Cornes is bang on the money.

Agree

Think he got it right, we may hate it but it is in the main spot on the money
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2015, 06:49:00 PM »
read it going

"true, true, yep, true"
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2015, 08:46:34 AM »
Lol at the indignation.  What part did he get wrong?

And where does he get off calling us arrogant? Richmond may be a lot of things, but we aint arrogant. 

Our arrogance towards middle/lower level clubs has been one of the main contributing factors in our inability to win more games each season.  We approach every game by treating or respecting each club according to their position on the ladder and that's why we can beat top sides but get beaten by so many of the crap sides.  And it also happens in every game when we get a few goals up - we get arrogant about our capabilities and we stop pushing/stop trying.  And it has happened in every final we have played recently - an arrogance about our birthright to be a power side again but forgetting that we actually have to bring an A-game to finals that transcends any home and away game.  We are arrogant way beyond our right to be so and all to our own detriment.

If you're referring to our losing to Melbourne two years running, I don't believe that's on account of arrogance. It's more to do with the fact that, despite our respective ladder positions, we've NEVER had an answer to any sides who continually send masses of extra numbers to clog up our forward line. Hardwick is too dumb to come up with a feasible plan to counter it, and we fall victim, and will continue to fall victim to it every time. Hell, he still hasn't had the brains to make Lachie Hansen accountable, despite him playing as a loose man in defence to great success every single time we play North. The players aren't arrogant- they are just soft and stupid.

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2015, 09:35:13 AM »
LMAO at the richmond trait where we can bag the the club merclessly, but as soon as an outsider has something to say we get all indignant.

For the most part of that article Cornes is bang on the money.

Agree

Think he got it right, we may hate it but it is in the main spot on the money
Agree
Is he a closet supporter of ours or did one of the OER faithful write it for him after another finals loss?
The club that keeps giving.

Offline froars

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2015, 09:59:54 AM »
I only take issue with the 'arrogance' comment. WTF is arrogant. They're introverts trying to look tough with tatts and silly haircuts, but when pressed they go to jelly. I looked at their body language this year, it was calm and steely. It was that that gave me confidence they could do ok. No great celebrations after goals, Jack had limited his theatrics, replaced with a more mature outlook. Didnt amount to much but i would argue about them being arrogant

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2015, 10:44:16 AM »
I only take issue with the 'arrogance' comment. WTF is arrogant. They're introverts trying to look tough with tatts and silly haircuts, but when pressed they go to jelly. I looked at their body language this year, it was calm and steely. It was that that gave me confidence they could do ok. No great celebrations after goals, Jack had limited his theatrics, replaced with a more mature outlook. Didnt amount to much but i would argue about them being arrogant
Agree. That and the bit that our premiership window is almost closed. We have 4 more years at least in our window and maybe more as we pick up more young talent. The club has geared itself for sustained finals action. Our problem is whether we can break into top 4 and have a serious tilt at the flag. We need a couple of guns to do that and a ruck who can go with a Goldstein or a Nic Nat.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline froars

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2015, 10:50:00 AM »
We have 4 more years at least in our window and maybe more as we pick up more young talent.
Yep, this part of what you say distresses me a bit when I see names like Yarran on the table and what we would have to give up to get him.  We were good enough this year to go all the way, we don't need topping up IMO, we just need a good shrink.   We should be now looking at sustained success and blooding new kids.  We will go top four next year with this team - or we should.

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2015, 11:56:21 AM »
Personally don't give a stuff what these blokes write.

FFS they are paid to give their opinion.

Don't honk the club gives a stuff what they write, if they do then shut the joint down.

Some need to harden up and deal with people's opinions, let's face it everyone has one just like a bum hole.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2015, 01:21:44 PM »
Lol at the indignation.  What part did he get wrong?

And where does he get off calling us arrogant? Richmond may be a lot of things, but we aint arrogant. 

Our arrogance towards middle/lower level clubs has been one of the main contributing factors in our inability to win more games each season.  We approach every game by treating or respecting each club according to their position on the ladder and that's why we can beat top sides but get beaten by so many of the crap sides.  And it also happens in every game when we get a few goals up - we get arrogant about our capabilities and we stop pushing/stop trying.  And it has happened in every final we have played recently - an arrogance about our birthright to be a power side again but forgetting that we actually have to bring an A-game to finals that transcends any home and away game.  We are arrogant way beyond our right to be so and all to our own detriment.

If you're referring to our losing to Melbourne two years running, I don't believe that's on account of arrogance. It's more to do with the fact that, despite our respective ladder positions, we've NEVER had an answer to any sides who continually send masses of extra numbers to clog up our forward line. Hardwick is too dumb to come up with a feasible plan to counter it, and we fall victim, and will continue to fall victim to it every time. Hell, he still hasn't had the brains to make Lachie Hansen accountable, despite him playing as a loose man in defence to great success every single time we play North. The players aren't arrogant- they are just soft and stupid.

Seem to handle it quite well against Freo and Sydney