Author Topic: Where were the kids earlier this year Tigers? .... (Brereton on SEN)  (Read 1425 times)

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
Re: Where were the kids earlier this year Tigers? .... (Brereton on SEN)
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2016, 05:32:47 PM »
Dimma thought we were locked and loaded.  You could see it by the team he fielded in the nab cup. 
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2016, 08:57:47 PM »
It was blatantly obvious FFS

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2016, 10:05:11 PM »
geez.. I like derm but not one of his finest moments on radio yesterday with this comment as well as the dane swan crap... Most here would know I'm not the biggest fan of the current coaching regime but not exposing a skinny first year player until rnd 14-15 is reasonable and not something I'd be attacking them on.

Not playing Castagna, Lennon, Ellis and Elton/Chol for the final 3 games however is another story  :)

It's a dam fair question IMHO

When the season was alive why was it only Dimmas mates getting a game

I was specifically refering to Markov individually,agree with you regarding the rest - should have gotten more games into the likes of lennon, Butler, mcbean, Elton, Chol, C.Moore

I get the sentiment but Lennon has had injuries, Butler hasn't done enough and both Chol and Moore have been bit players in the 2's.
I reckon McBean has been stiff, Lennon was treated terribly last year, Castagna was dropped way too earlier this season.
On the flip side Short, Menadue and Rioli have all been given a decent crack and we are seeing the benefits in their development this year.
A bit rough on Butler. He had a knee injury last year and has taken a while to get confidence in his body this year. Has been in the bests for three weeks running. I felt he should've been selected in front of Rioli at the start of the year. What had Rioli done at that stage to demand selection?
Dan just turned 20 in June. Highly skilled and fast, I would have thought he deserves a go in the firsts before the season is over.

Don't doubt it, I'm only basing what I've seen in TV games for the 2's. Whatever the coaching panel saw in Rioli - I'm glad he's being played but I guess why him in the first place is your question which is fair enough  :thumbsup
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.