Author Topic: Richmond vs Bulldogs @ Etihad - Round 16, 2016  (Read 37812 times)

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Richmond vs Bulldogs @ Etihad - Round 16, 2016
« Reply #270 on: July 09, 2016, 11:17:41 PM »
Have watched my fair share of AFL and thought I had a good grasp of the rules but I must admit I am totally bamboozled by the holding and dropping the ball rule.

I often hear an umpire say "he made an attempt" and then calls play on. I dont have a problem with that but if a player is caught from behind they give the free kick instantly but why? In most cases the player feels the tackle and attempts to kick the ball but misses their boot and its holding the ball, but didnt they make an attempt?

Making an attempt to dispose of the ball seems to have a different interpretation depending upon who the umpire is. Its getting very frustrating watching two different games with different umpires both with totally different interpretations of the same rules.

The umpires don't understand it themselves & make up their own rules & how they interpretate rules.
Everyone is  totally bamboozled . l hear when a player just gets the ball & is tackled instantly from behind & 1 arm pinned & can't get rid of it & had no prior attempt but gets pinged. l know exactly what your talking about here & it should be a ball up cause he had no prior attempt  :banghead This only happens in Richmond games. Its the Richmond way

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #271 on: July 09, 2016, 11:28:56 PM »
Conca  :banghead :banghead :banghead

I've waited until the end of the game and then read every post in this thread from the start of the game.
I respect every posters right to like or hate a player and have a bias. It's an opinion after all which is what a forum is supposed to encourage.
But I cannot stand people who confuse their ego for the greater good of what they are supposed to support.
So when a poster blames a player who he clearly doesn't like for a free kick that clearly was never ther then I draw the line.
WAT, that wasn't a free kick.
Hampson was tapping it to the opposition.

Stuff right off and barrack for another club - you're not even from here.

Your opinions are rubbish.

did he make an attempt to get rid of the ball? The call was 50/50 but why didnt the lazy stuff give the ball back straight away.

How about in the second that goal he cost us. Hampson's fault then too?

sit down champ WAT is right the bloke is crap.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #272 on: July 09, 2016, 11:41:20 PM »
Wonderful first game by Markov. Does everything well and should only play senior footy moving forward :clapping

But its a worry though, the thought we might have got late pick right  :rollin

Just love seeing the kids play with some flair and execute the game plan. Thing with the kids is they haven't had their natural attacking instincts coached out of them yet.

We just looked faster and it was great to see.

Keep playing the kids, bring in a couple more before the season's done and going every week will be bearable
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #273 on: July 10, 2016, 01:20:43 AM »
Griffiths inexplicably dumb cross-field kick was the turning point....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

tony_montana

« Reply #274 on: July 10, 2016, 09:46:24 AM »

I don't mind mistakes like that bc we're finally trying to open up the game and take some risks, something we never do. That pass was on, think McBean was on from
Memory, griff just fluffed it

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #275 on: July 10, 2016, 09:51:25 AM »

I don't mind mistakes like that bc we're finally trying to open up the game and take some risks, something we never do. That pass was on, think McBean was in from
Memory, griff just fluffed it
Agree. Players looked so fatigued at that stage. The kick would have hit its target in the first half. Griff did a hell of a lot of running during the game. Watched him from ground level. He was a spent force during the last but still managed to clunk a mark or two.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #276 on: July 10, 2016, 10:05:47 AM »
Our field kicking is just not AFL standard and the game tonight clearly showed how far behind we are in that area of the game. If we can improve our kicking efficiency then it will no doubt go a long way to increasing our competitiveness. We just have to start recruiting good users of the ball rather than the hacks we seem to have picked up in the past.

Yet we have a young player who we recruited because of his great kicking and he can't get a consistent game.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #277 on: July 10, 2016, 10:07:07 AM »

I've waited until the end of the game and then read every post in this thread from the start of the game.
I respect every posters right to like or hate a player and have a bias. It's an opinion after all which is what a forum is supposed to encourage.
But I cannot stand people who confuse their ego for the greater good of what they are supposed to support.
So when a poster blames a player who he clearly doesn't like for a free kick that clearly was never ther then I draw the line.

:clapping

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #278 on: July 10, 2016, 10:16:55 AM »

Stuff right off and barrack for another club - you're not even from here.

Your opinions are rubbish.

did he make an attempt to get rid of the ball? The call was 50/50 but why didnt the lazy stuff give the ball back straight away.

How about in the second that goal he cost us. Hampson's fault then too?

sit down champ WAT is right the bloke is crap.

It wasn't a free kick, wasn't a 50. Doesn't make Conca a good player but FFS find another reason to bag the guy than a bad umpire decision
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #279 on: July 10, 2016, 10:23:50 AM »
Slow, indecisive, lacks skill, slows the play down....that's Conca.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #280 on: July 13, 2016, 03:43:38 AM »
Coaches' votes (Hardwick & Beveridge)

WESTERN BULLDOGS V RICHMOND

10 Marcus Bontempelli (WB)
8 Dustin Martin (Rich)
4 Easton Wood (WB)
3 Jack Macrae (WB)
2 Matthew Boyd (WB)
2 Lachie Hunter (WB)
1 Trent Cotchin (Rich)

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-07-11/aflca-votes-round-16

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #281 on: October 02, 2016, 08:57:37 AM »
Coaches' votes (Hardwick & Beveridge)

WESTERN BULLDOGS V RICHMOND

10 Marcus Bontempelli (WB)
8 Dustin Martin (Rich)
4 Easton Wood (WB)
3 Jack Macrae (WB)
2 Matthew Boyd (WB)
2 Lachie Hunter (WB)
1 Trent Cotchin (Rich)

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-07-11/aflca-votes-round-16

#dooks
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus