Author Topic: Richmond vs Bulldogs @ Etihad - Round 16, 2016  (Read 37815 times)

Offline HKTiger

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Richmond vs Bulldogs @ Etihad - Round 16, 2016
« Reply #255 on: July 09, 2016, 10:16:15 PM »
They blocked Hampson for the entire second half, no free kicks... other games blocking the ruckman free kick....

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #256 on: July 09, 2016, 10:17:39 PM »
The 10 commandments of TANKING
1. Players kicking the ball 15 metres in the backline when clear giving the ball up
2. Backmen kicking out to 5 v 1 against & not another Tiger player with-in 20 metres
3. Ruckmen clearly winning the hit out taping to his feet or to opposition
4. Giving away 50 metre penalties after being told 3 times by umpire.
5. Kicking the ball under no pressure to opposition
6. Handballing to player right next to you 4 times in a row then getting tackled & lose the ball
7. Leading the game & changing your game plan
8. Turnovers when no pressure is on you
9. Having you top players on the pine for too long.
10. Stop what you been doing when winning.

TANKING

« Last Edit: July 09, 2016, 10:39:56 PM by TigerMonk »

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #257 on: July 09, 2016, 10:18:21 PM »
Isn't this the perfect result tonight ? Newbies blooded and far from disgraced.

We didn't need to win this match.
True. The perfect tank  ;D.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #258 on: July 09, 2016, 10:34:53 PM »
Our field kicking is just not AFL standard and the game tonight clearly showed how far behind we are in that area of the game. If we can improve our kicking efficiency then it will no doubt go a long way to increasing our competitiveness. We just have to start recruiting good users of the ball rather than the hacks we seem to have picked up in the past.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #259 on: July 09, 2016, 10:35:59 PM »
Conca  :banghead :banghead :banghead

I've waited until the end of the game and then read every post in this thread from the start of the game.
I respect every posters right to like or hate a player and have a bias. It's an opinion after all which is what a forum is supposed to encourage.
But I cannot stand people who confuse their ego for the greater good of what they are supposed to support.
So when a poster blames a player who he clearly doesn't like for a free kick that clearly was never ther then I draw the line.
WAT, that wasn't a free kick.
Hampson was tapping it to the opposition.

« Last Edit: July 09, 2016, 11:25:51 PM by one-eyed »
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

tony_montana

« Reply #260 on: July 09, 2016, 10:38:29 PM »
Menadue, Markov, Castagna, short = we look a lot quicker. First game in a long time I have enjoyed live. Geez it's refreshing to see blokes with our jumper actually busting a nut and legging it 50-100 metres repeatedly down the ground to not allow the doggies to do their famed switch. We really closed them down bc of exceptional gut running - something you don't associate with our football club. Dimma don't be a DH and drop these boys, if anything add Lennon, Ellis and Macca. Keep playing the kids.

Markov is a beauty, really strong runner and reads the play well. Castagna was impressive with his dash and attack on the ball. Dusty was in beast mode

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #261 on: July 09, 2016, 10:42:53 PM »
Dusty will win the Brownlow medal l have no doubt its his. Just has to keep his cool

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #262 on: July 09, 2016, 10:49:30 PM »
Dusty will win the Brownlow medal l have no doubt its his. Just has to keep his cool

You prepared to cover the line for 10 site members on this?
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #263 on: July 09, 2016, 10:52:39 PM »
Monky,  gambling is bad, stop burning your wad man
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #264 on: July 09, 2016, 10:58:36 PM »
Have watched my fair share of AFL and thought I had a good grasp of the rules but I must admit I am totally bamboozled by the holding and dropping the ball rule.

I often hear an umpire say "he made an attempt" and then calls play on. I dont have a problem with that but if a player is caught from behind they give the free kick instantly but why? In most cases the player feels the tackle and attempts to kick the ball but misses their boot and its holding the ball, but didnt they make an attempt?

Making an attempt to dispose of the ball seems to have a different interpretation depending upon who the umpire is. Its getting very frustrating watching two different games with different umpires both with totally different interpretations of the same rules.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #265 on: July 09, 2016, 11:00:08 PM »
Have watched my fair share of AFL and thought I had a good grasp of the rules but I must admit I am totally bamboozled by the holding and dropping the ball rule.

I often hear an umpire say "he made an attempt" and then calls play on. I dont have a problem with that but if a player is caught from behind they give the free kick instantly but why? In most cases the player feels the tackle and attempts to kick the ball but misses their boot and its holding the ball, but didnt they make an attempt?

Making an attempt to dispose of the ball seems to have a different interpretation depending upon who the umpire is. Its getting very frustrating watching two different games with different umpires both with totally different interpretations of the same rules.

The conca one was literally the worst I've very seen - he was literally tackled as the ball got to him WT
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #266 on: July 09, 2016, 11:01:09 PM »
I hear ya Lozza
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #267 on: July 09, 2016, 11:09:45 PM »
Monky,  gambling is bad, stop burning your wad man

l got plenty l will win it back tomorrow on another game  ;D

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #268 on: July 09, 2016, 11:11:38 PM »

You prepared to cover the line for 10 site members on this?

cover a line l don't get your post

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #269 on: July 09, 2016, 11:12:33 PM »
Conca  :banghead :banghead :banghead

I've waited until the end of the game and then read every post in this thread from the start of the game.
I respect every posters right to like or hate a player and have a bias. It's an opinion after all which is what a forum is supposed to encourage.
But I cannot stand people who confuse their ego for the greater good of what they are supposed to support.
So when a poster blames a player who he clearly doesn't like for a free kick that clearly was never ther then I draw the line.
WAT, that wasn't a free kick.
Hampson was tapping it to the opposition.

Conca is crap, end of story, keep the other comments to yourself please.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2016, 11:25:34 PM by one-eyed »
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"