Author Topic: Problems at Geelong  (Read 4813 times)

Moi

Back off Demetriou
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2006, 12:06:48 AM »
"We do our best to stay out of board upheavals and challenges and petitions and so forth, I mean, I've watched recently and observed what's going on at Geelong. I'd urge people to step back and think sensibly about the things they're proposing," Demetriou said from Telstra Dome on Thursday.
http://afl.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=299242

Dunno what's happening down there and who's doing what, but I reckon the AFL shouldn't comment on any challenges for any club.  None of the AFL's business if a group wants to democratically challenge a current board.
Is up to Cats supporters to sort this out, not the AFL

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Problems at Geelong
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2006, 04:40:12 PM »
For all the problems they have now, I thought they've run that club pretty well over the last couple of years working their way out of that debt they had.
I agree that over the last couple of years off field they have done very well but what they do down in sleepy hollow is convieniently forget to mention that the ONLY reason they are in the position theyre in today is the fact that their bankers accepted a a payout in their debt (whatever it was it was so many cents in the dollar 10 or 20 something like that).

If that hadn't of happened they still be up the putt as they say. I get sick to death of hearing morons like Billy Brownless saying how Cookie and Costa got them out of debt - yeah they put the plan up and stuck to it buy it was thier bankers that made it happened.

But who cares? 

Absolutely not me! But you've got admit it's good for a laugh ;D :rollin ;D

I was actually down Geelong way today - had a lovely lunch in Queescliff and I noticed as you drive into the city there is this big billboard from the footy club that says "we are Geelong" - that's it, that's all, what the??? :rollin
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2006, 06:24:57 PM »
If that hadn't of happened they still be up the putt as they say. I get sick to death of hearing morons like Billy Brownless saying how Cookie and Costa got them out of debt - yeah they put the plan up and stuck to it buy it was thier bankers that made it happened.

The old "Geelong economy is linked to the success of the Geelong footy club"  ::).

I was actually down Geelong way today - had a lovely lunch in Queescliff and I noticed as you drive into the city there is this big billboard from the footy club that says "we are Geelong" - that's it, that's all, what the??? :rollin

The "greatest team of all" bit fell off 40 years ago  ;D
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2006, 04:46:19 PM »
The poor ol' Catters. I heard the lady on radio this morning who collected the 100 signature petition for the EGM they had last night. She said if the Pussies didn't win 5 of their first 6 games  :o then the club will had failed and the current board should go. Imagine if they get 3 interstate games in that period lol. Hello reality! :rollin  
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd