Author Topic: Hardwick's post-match media conference/ Tigers must 'get used to the close ones'  (Read 6009 times)

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
This 10 goal nonsense is unbelievable. Does he tell the players ' try as hard as you can in the first half get as good as lead as you can and then just hold onto it coz we can't win by 10 goals'

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Thats rubbish guys blaming Dimma

I'm not blaming him at all, well maybe a little. I think it is largely on the players personally.

I just can't believe a senior coach would come out and say that we are not going to win games by 10 goals when we have had a number of opportunities to do so.

That we haven't, and worse that we have blown a number of substantial leads this season, suggests to me that we have a problem. By saying that we will not achieve that sort of win anyway smacks of accepting that the issue is there and trying to live with it rather than deal with it.

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
The coach sets the tone, so he says we can't win by 10 goals I suppose we can't.

What a load of rot.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka

"We're not going to win games by 10 goals. We're not going to lose games, hopefully, by 10 goals either. It is always going to be an arm wrestle."

I can't quite get over this comment. We led by 36 points in the 2nd quarter. We have failed to convert periods of absolute dominance in a number of games this year.

If we aren't going to win games by 10 goals, it is because we don't know bloody well how too!

It's a revelation of the mindset he has instilled.
He knows he's not that good and it disallows the club to be any better.
FHO.
What a loser
Caracella and Balmey.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame

"We're not going to win games by 10 goals. We're not going to lose games, hopefully, by 10 goals either. It is always going to be an arm wrestle."

I can't quite get over this comment. We led by 36 points in the 2nd quarter. We have failed to convert periods of absolute dominance in a number of games this year.

If we aren't going to win games by 10 goals, it is because we don't know bloody well how too!

It's a revelation of the mindset he has instilled.
He knows he's not that good and it disallows the club to be any better.
FHO.
What a loser

:clapping

if threre is any other statement that typifies dimwit as a coach its that statement he repeated yesterday
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
He's right we aren't a team that wins by 10 goals

Where a side that loses after leading by 6 goals in the first half consistently.  :banghead
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
He's right we aren't a team that wins by 10 goals

Where a side that loses after leading by 6 goals in the first half consistently.  :banghead

what blame do you porportion our mental physche to hardwick WP? Will you finally admit he has to go after another finals loss?

Fair question as im generally interested. Im too biased now against him and have been since that first final loss.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
Hardwick to Caracella on the half time siren -

"I've got it from here, big fella!"
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond

what blame do you porportion our mental physche to hardwick WP? Will you finally admit he has to go after another finals loss?

Fair question as im generally interested. Im too biased now against him and have been since that first final loss.
Firstly, I dont think he will going anywhere until a certain player's signature is on a new contract

Without any doubt he carries the can for certain players being soft in contests and rewarding them for it. Have always said his playing favourites will lead to his downfall and still believe that

The fact that likes of Bellis keep getting games when they pull out of contests is the best example. Bellis is a favourite so as a result has never been dropped

I think he is as equally to blame to our players being mentally fragile as the players themselves. Look at the idiotic comments by Cotchin after yesterday's game. "We'll be better for it" ..WTF!!!! It's bad when it comes for the coach but when it comes from the captain what hope do any of them Have? Seriously

Do I think he should go if we don't win a final = yes. Will he? IMV; No he wont

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame

Firstly, I dont think he will going anywhere until a certain player's signature is on a new contract

Without any doubt he carries the can for certain players being soft in contests and rewarding them for it. Have always said his playing favourites will lead to his downfall and still believe that

The fact that likes of Bellis keep getting games when they pull out of contests is the best example. Bellis is a favourite so as a result has never been dropped

I think he is as equally to blame to our players being mentally fragile as the players themselves. Look at the idiotic comments by Cotchin after yesterday's game. "We'll be better for it" ..WTF!!!! It's bad when it comes for the coach but when it comes from the captain what hope do any of them Have? Seriously

Do I think he should go if we don't win a final = yes. Will he? IMV; No he wont

WP is this your gut feel in regards a certain sig if Softwick stays, if Softwick goes are certain player ups and walks.

Is this something you have heard...if so again is this a case of the tail wagging the dog at the RFC.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
WP is this your gut feel in regards a certain sig if Softwick stays, if Softwick goes are certain player ups and walks.

Is this something you have heard...if so again is this a case of the tail wagging the dog at the RFC.

Yes my gut feel has always been that Martin will stay if Hardwick is there. Don't think people realise how much influence Hardwick had in getting him to stay after his moronic manager played all those games years ago (the contract stand off that resulted in the tour of GWS) ...

From that I reckon he is more likely to leave if Hardwick gets chopped....

Know a number of other members who feel the same way... but it is gut feel only. I haven't heard anything..

Ultimately I actually believe Martin will stay even though I am sure his manager will probably push him to chase the mega bucks...

Just an opinion

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
dump dudwick after/if martin is signed.

Problem solved.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
Hardwick to Caracella on the half time siren -

"I've got it from here, big fella!"
:lol :clapping
The club that keeps giving.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
The dumbest thing about Dimma's "we're not a team that wins by 10 goals" comment is that when you're 6 goals up you're actually closer to a 10 goal win than a close win/loss.

It also makes excuses for our pathetic goalkicking  :banghead and inexplicable brainfade turnovers that are momentum killers :facepalm. It's one thing to blame a lack of a quality second KPF/ruck, youth/inexperience or just playing a better opposition for losing, but nothing excuses our repeated amateur/schoolboy footy skill errors. Not only are we not good enough but we're unprofessional as well. 

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
The sooner this pretender of a coach is gone the better the club will be.

Everyone knows it except maybe our Perth buddy Matt073. Maybe I'm wrong but just when we thought Matty had seen the light he was back on the Hardwick bandwagon as soon as we won a few in succession.

Cmon Matty where have you been this week? Is your support for Hardwick waning again? :rollin
The club that keeps giving.