Author Topic: VFL practice match today: Richmond vs Essendon  (Read 4488 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: VFL practice match today: Richmond vs Essendon
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2019, 05:33:34 PM »
I went today, bloody hot !

Really good game, we did welll to hold them off as they had a strong wind in the last.

Patty Naish, Shai, Derek Smith, Luke English & Connor put on a clinic in the last 1/4

Sydney Stack, really good first half then didn't reappear

Cal Moore was good & kicked a ripper after the final siren from distance
Cheers for the report, taz.

Granted only a practice match but it's great to hear that so many of our 1st & 2nd year cubs were so prominent in the win. Promising signs for our depth this year.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Jackstar is back!!!

« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2019, 07:01:38 PM »
Bailey Lambert ??

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2019, 08:43:10 PM »
Lookong through Twitter appears ome of VFL listed lads may have suffered a nasty broken leg

Cant find any other info

Anyone heard anything?
« Last Edit: March 03, 2019, 08:21:21 AM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Tiger Tragic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2019, 08:48:25 PM »
Lookong through Twitter appears ome of VFL listed lads may have suffered a nasty broken leg

Cant find any other info

Anyone jeard anything?

Angus Hicks

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2019, 09:01:32 PM »

Cant find any other info

Anyone jeard anything?

Broken ankle

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2019, 09:38:51 PM »
Went along today to watch an entertaining game in the heat.

Eggmolesse Smith was simply sensational today. He is one to watch this year should he stay fit. Very good in traffic, and has a great left leg. His pace and link up play was instrumental in us staying in the game during the first half. BOG for mine

Menadue was a class above and controled the HB along with Egg. Was using his pace and was physical in the contest today going third up to provide our short backline assistance. Loved his gut running and delivery.

Aarts has improved this preseason no doubt. Played an inside role today and used his strength to break many tackles whilst not getting caught. Hope he continues this upward trend as he works so hard.

Moore was our best big man today. Kicked 2 nice goals, took an absolute hanger on the wing and provided great leadership to fellow forwards. When he played ruck, he was monstered in the middle but provided an adequate level around the ground to break even. A good game from Moore today.

Stack played deep in the backline for the first half and played extremely well. He along with Egg and Menadue kept us in the game as we were well beaten in the first half. Mopped up plenty and didn't see him miss a target. Looks to have time and space when in possession and makes good decisions and was linking up well. Good game.

Bolton played the game out as a mid and performed in the role. Ran the game out well which is pleasing to see from an endurance point of view. Was the first rover and racked up possession whilst providing great defensive pressure. Happy with his game today.

Naish ran the game out well and was using his best asset all day... his thumping right foot. Looks very comfortable at this level and would be happy to see him in the seniors this year as he has developed nicely. For a player lacking size he does crack in with no hesitation.

Miller was disappointing today. Was well beaten in most contests. Had a great opportunity to play on Stewart and show he can match it with an AFL quality player, he was well beaten. Still very young but would like to see him play like a key defender not a HB flanker. Should bounce back.

Chol was the one who disappointed me the most today. Didn't play with much aggression today and was getting pushed aside by the opposition at most contests. Played limited time in the ruck and looked better but was a day to forget from the big man.

CCJ played deep forward and ruck. Was generally happy with his performance although he didn't take his chances in the air like he normally does. Provided a contest as a ruck and around the ground.

English was fantastic in the third quarter, his first for the day. He got us back in the game purely on the back of his grunt work to feed the ball out of stoppages. Runs all day at the same pace but gets in the right spots and goes in very hard... I like him!

Turner also played the last half on the wing. Great physical size and very good ball user. He and English set the tone and changed the match in our favour. Happy with what I saw from him and looking forward to watching him throughout year.

Most of the VFL players didn't play as they were looking at the development list today and a few stood out...

I will say it's a great facility and the ground was first class.

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2019, 09:39:15 PM »

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2019, 03:01:36 AM »

Eggmolesse Smith was simply sensational today. He is one to watch this year should he stay fit. Very good in traffic, and has a great left leg. His pace and link up play was instrumental in us staying in the game during the first half. BOG for mine
Great report, Machine.

Where did Egg mostly line-up? Defence or midfield?
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2019, 07:08:28 AM »

Great report, Machine.

HBF

Offline Dont Argue

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2019, 10:38:40 AM »

Great report, Machine.

HBF

Awesome report. Very exciting to hear about Smith. On last years viewing I had completely written him off. He was coming back from injury but looked inept. Club obviously saw something and persevered. Looked sharp in the intra club and you’ve provided further detail that the kid can play. Development of players at Tigerland has improved out of site

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2019, 03:54:26 PM »
Watched this kid mystify defenders in Berwick FC's 2015 premiership win.

He's been in sparkling form for @NobleParkFC and yesterday he kicked 4️⃣ goals on debut for @RichmondVFL .

@LukeNelson_7 looks set to reach loftier heights in 2019. #gotiges #VFL

https://twitter.com/BrentyMann/status/1102043003349217280

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond