Author Topic: Official Tiger Team -v- Freo (Rd 8)  (Read 4090 times)

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Official Tiger Team -v- Freo (Rd 8)
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2019, 07:40:00 PM »
If we let Fyfe run around and get 40 then we lose.

Is Dimma stupid enough to let that happen?

It’s one thing to back our “process” but with Cotch out and Dusty out of form, it’s time to shut the oppositions best player down.

McIntosh a good match up?

He got 35 last year against us and guess what? They got pumped. They hate Fyfe and so I’d let him get all day long cause his teams mates won’t want to know. We’ve gotta stop their other dangerous smalls
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2019, 10:05:09 PM »

It’s one thing to back our “process” but with Cotch out and Dusty out of form, it’s time to shut the oppositions best player down.

He got 35 last year against us and guess what? They got pumped. They hate Fyfe and so I’d let him get all day long cause his teams mates won’t want to know. We’ve gotta stop their other dangerous smalls
As per my post, we are a different side this year from last.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2019, 01:27:53 AM »
Big tone you should know by now we never tag even if we a getting cut apart.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2019, 02:22:04 PM »
The last time we had a genuine tagger was when Duncan Kellaway was playing.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2019, 02:59:56 PM »

Last year there wasn't the 666 rule and we were able to put a spare in defence so Fyfe (and Neale's) clearances didn't hurt us. We'd picked them off in D50 and then sliced through Freo with speed of ball movement on the rebound.

We were in awesome form this time last year. Still fresh from the afterglow of the premiership. If we had been in that form in September then we would've been back-to-back premiers. I fear tomorrow's game could get very ugly  :-\ given all our outs, lack of form of others, and if we don't bring a similar nose to the grindstone effort to when we beat Port away.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2019, 09:05:11 PM »

bt what makes you think McIntosh would be a good match up for fyfe. The bloke totally lacks an inside game and would have no idea on how to go about it.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2019, 01:00:06 AM »

bt what makes you think McIntosh would be a good match up for fyfe. The bloke totally lacks an inside game and would have no idea on how to go about it.
He is big, strong and can tackle and is an AA pest... And has an AFL tank.
That’s all it takes.
Taggers are generally the guys that aren’t real good at footy but can run and scrag the good players.  :whistle
« Last Edit: May 12, 2019, 01:50:32 PM by big tone »

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2019, 09:37:16 PM »

Last year there wasn't the 666 rule and we were able to put a spare in defence so Fyfe (and Neale's) clearances didn't hurt us. We'd picked them off in D50 and then sliced through Freo with speed of ball movement on the rebound.

We were in awesome form this time last year. Still fresh from the afterglow of the premiership. If we had been in that form in September then we would've been back-to-back premiers. I fear tomorrow's game could get very ugly  :-\ given all our outs, lack of form of others, and if we don't bring a similar nose to the grindstone effort to when we beat Port away.

Fyfe’s problem is that he has hated by his teammates and they have no other options through the midfield. He is hated at the club.

Th
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.