Author Topic: Richmond vs Sydney gameday thread  (Read 4327 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Richmond vs Sydney gameday thread
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2007, 09:36:04 PM »
Did anyone see what happened to Hyde before the game?

He clashed heads with a teammate  :-\.

Quote from: WilliamPowell
Again I found myself screaming at blokes for not chasing or putting pressure on the opposition.

Add the number of times we didn't shepherd when we had the ball. 
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline DallasCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • roll on 2011
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2007, 11:45:37 PM »
Yes certainly Gaspar's best game in a long time, I was shocked, and hopefully he strings a few of those together, and I will happily take some of my own medicine if he does.

I was happy with the backline today, it suffered a big drop in class when Joel was required up the ground (which was also good to see, don't forget he can hurt the opposition more) and still coped well, although that did require Lids to drop back quite deep, you're robbing peter to pay paul in a way. McGuane gave me confidence that he is capable of taking over when Gas is finished, he looks to have the right attitude for a defender.
1% excellent, tackling great, agree with Bull about the need to create space in the forward line, we need to stream in with the flight of the ball, and put our speedsters to more use.
Thought Polo did well on Goodes, Polo is fit but Goodes showed him today how much ground the elite onballers cover, great for Polo.

The negatives I thought today, was again the midfield, Kane Johnson, sorry, is not doing the job in there, he looks and plays better in the back pocket for us, maybe that's where he should stay. I know they might be trying to educate Lids in the backline, but we really need him in the midfield, a lot of things have changed in footy, but imo there is one thing that has stayed the same and that is that you put your best players in the midfield.
And I know Tuck wins a lot of hard footy, but yes WP he needs to look where he is kicking it. It's poo footy...it cost us a bit today. You can't really afford Tuck AND Johnson in the midfield. I know you have to win the thing first, but lets get some people in there that know how to use it. If I had to put Tuck anywhere else on the field it would be a HFF, see if he can't jag a couple.

Experience is a good school. But the fees are high.
Heinrich Heine

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2007, 06:22:13 AM »
If we had played a more attacking type of footy in the first qtr we may have been closer or even in front.

I dont understand why we flooded so heavily in the first qtr, no need for it. Those people talking about how boring Sydney are should look at they way we played in the first qtr, it was a disgrace. Pushed numbers back and then trying to hit players running forward is impossible with our skill level.

It was paying off in the first 10 minutes of the game but we failed to take our chances. We should have kicked the first 3 goals. Tivs after snagging a snap missed what should have been a gimme set shot for a left-footer and Polo missed everything from an acute angle. So we were 1.1 instead of 3.0 and the Swans made us pay by kicking the next 4 to set up the margin they eventually won by.

letsgetiton!

« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2007, 06:45:47 AM »
Good effort - no injuries  :thumbsup

just got back soreness in the warm up from what i heard

letsgetiton!

« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2007, 07:06:49 AM »
we played the flood to stop a blow out early. im sure the plan was for teh first half to flood and keep teh game tight and in the second half to use our fitness and run to go over the top of tehm

it nearly worked

i dont blame our turnovers for losing this game, cos they were way down from past games.

i blame the umpires! they did not pay any holding the ball decisions for us during teh game! we tackled them to tyhe ground and the umpires definately cheated! our boys won the clearances, won the contested footy and won the hard ball gets against the team that is meant to be the best in this area in the afl!
richo, poor bastar.d! the guy was raped all day, had hand in his back all day, had his arms chopped all day and the effin whistle was put away! however the effin swans were rewarded for these free kicks. made me sick in the guts and im convinced gieshen the c u n ? has a vendetta against us!

by the way, i believe we have unearthed our next captain, and he should be made captain asap

NATHAN FOLEY!!!!

HARD , TOUGH, NEVER QUITS, COURAGEOUS AND ATTACKING!
newman should be vice captain.

who cares if he is a midget, so was bondy and he was a gr8 leader,  foley just has machine written all over him and its time for sugar to stand down.

who is gonnna be dropped to make way for brown and snake.
they will probably drop patto, but that wont be fairm, they may drop howat or krak, but that wont be fair either.
imho, sugar is the weak link along with tuuck. he must make way, but being captain his position is safe and that sucks with a capital S! but tuck has to go, he is as dumb as dog poo and is killing us with his decicion making. moore and mguane imo were fantastic, sure they made an error or too, but they are still young and raw considering their experience but they way they back up and help and throw their bodies in was fantastic.

tambling is nearly there, 2 more games and he will start crushing teams, that burst our of teh middle will become a feature for him, but he must learn to slow down and steady when he kicks for goal, you cant kick accurately and fluently at 100 mph.

lids bog imo, he must use this game as a blue print and run and bounce and break the lines from here on in.

tivendale was pretty good again
krak was hard , ppl who say he is soft think again , he is along with foley opur best inside player, krak uses his agality and evasive skills, foley his raw power.

all in all it sux not getting the 4 points but we cant blame the boys today, they busted their guts and nearly pulled a gr8 win off! no one gave us a hope and everyone expected us to be thumped to kindom come this easter weekend.
if we play that hard v teh pies next week we will win by 10 goals
polak is gonna be a star, lets hope his head stays screwed on.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2007, 10:26:17 AM by X-CITED »

Online julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2007, 09:14:14 AM »
Good effort - no injuries  :thumbsup
He ran into Tambling during the warm up and I think hit his head.  Seemed a bit dazed and the commentators were wondering if he would start on the ground.

Richo definitely was a victim to the umpires poor decision making.  Kane Johnston(?) had a free against him for chopping which resulted in a Swans goal and the same thing happens to Richo and it's play-on.  Foley was great.  Lids seemed quiet in the first half.  Who was on Kirk?   Players need to be able to hit targets.  Tiv was good.  Agree re Kane Johnston - worse on ground.  Polak great in ruck.  Tambling great.  McGuane was good.  On the whole, as I didn't expect us to win - until the last quarter - I thought we put up a great fight against the Swans.  At least no 100 point thrashing.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2007, 03:20:28 PM »
they will probably drop patto, but that wont be fairm, they may drop howat or krak, but that wont be fair either.

Patto won't be dropped. We need two ruckman when Simmo comes back and Patto at this stage of his career will find it easier as a relieving ruckman rather than needing to be the spearhead. This will also free up Polak to play either forward or back.

I don't think neither Simmo or Browny will be back for the Pies. Give them another week to be sure. Even then Simmo hasn't played a single game including the preseason so do we build up his match fitness at Richmond or Coburg?!

As for changes it's our senior leadership players who are struggling even though they are getting their hands on the footy. Richo isn't match fit yet although he got better in the second half. Sugar and Joel combined at least 3 times to stuff up a clear attacking move into an open forward line by playing too cute happy handball between each other on the wing :scream.  Tuck did his negating job on Kirk so I don't think he'll get dropped.

Howat, Raines, Krak, Tambo all had less than 10 possies as running players.

Offline Tigertailz

• Premiership Captain
  • "here we go again!"
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2007, 11:39:39 PM »
we played the flood to stop a blow out early. im sure the plan was for teh first half to flood and keep teh game tight and in the second half to use our fitness and run to go over the top of tehm

it nearly worked

i dont blame our turnovers for losing this game, cos they were way down from past games.

i blame the umpires! they did not pay any holding the ball decisions for us during teh game! we tackled them to tyhe ground and the umpires definately cheated! our boys won the clearances, won the contested footy and won the hard ball gets against the team that is meant to be the best in this area in the afl!
richo, poor bastar.d! the guy was raped all day, had hand in his back all day, had his arms chopped all day and the effin whistle was put away! however the effin swans were rewarded for these free kicks. made me sick in the guts and im convinced gieshen the c u n ? has a vendetta against us!

by the way, i believe we have unearthed our next captain, and he should be made captain asap

NATHAN FOLEY!!!!

HARD , TOUGH, NEVER QUITS, COURAGEOUS AND ATTACKING!
newman should be vice captain.

who cares if he is a midget, so was bondy and he was a gr8 leader,  foley just has machine written all over him and its time for sugar to stand down.

imho, sugar is the weak link along with tuuck. he must make way, but being captain his position is safe and that sucks with a capital S! but tuck has to go, he is as dumb as dog poo and is killing us with his decicion making. moore and mguane imo were fantastic, sure they made an error or too, but they are still young and raw considering their experience but they way they back up and help and throw their bodies in was fantastic.

tambling is nearly there, 2 more games and he will start crushing teams, that burst our of teh middle will become a feature for him, but he must learn to slow down and steady when he kicks for goal, you cant kick accurately and fluently at 100 mph.

lids bog imo, he must use this game as a blue print and run and bounce and break the lines from here on in.

tivendale was pretty good again
krak was hard , ppl who say he is soft think again , he is along with foley opur best inside player, krak uses his agality and evasive skills, foley his raw power.

all in all it sux not getting the 4 points but we cant blame the boys today, they busted their guts and nearly pulled a gr8 win off! no one gave us a hope and everyone expected us to be thumped to kindom come this easter weekend.
if we play that hard v teh pies next week we will win by 10 goals
polak is gonna be a star, lets hope his head stays screwed on.

I have to agree X....i havent been that annoyed and vocal about the umpiring for a while.I had my old man with me and he is usually impartial and he was quite baffled as well.
They were consistently inconsistent and they can all go get stuffed if that is the standard we have to endure.
I was pleased with our efforts though but our glaring weakness is our skill level with way too many ineffective disposals.
And you know what?...When i saw our flooding early and swans scratching around with their possessions i was prepared to put up with that if we were going to extract a win....as i am sick to effing death of us opening up and watching us getting thumped....not pretty footy but until we are up to standard in th skills dept then i see nothing wrong with that style of play....nonetheless it was good to see us run and carry yesterday..
By the way X i managed to get a twenty on at $17 for us over 39....oh well haha i will have another go when we have west coast in a few weeks....i only jump on us when we are long shots....more rewarding! :cheers

letsgetiton!

« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2007, 09:16:03 AM »
  :cheers  :cheers :cheers

Tigermonk

« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2007, 10:58:42 AM »
  :cheers  :cheers :cheers

;D l watch every game every week & the umpiring standard is pathetic to say the least
no wonder when they got Geishien running the show
l see alot of umpire mistakes could this be a Geish thing to pay us back
how can 2 umpires rule a mark in front of goal when 2 players from the same side both touch the ball & the mark paid to Spider the result a goal
l think the 3 field umpiring system is not working and never has done
Hows it going X you old forum troll  :bow
well at least we aint getting flogged without our best team on the ground the kids are doing well support them
Good to see Tivendale playing some leading football  :clapping  :clapping  :gotigers