Author Topic: Coburg vs. Tassie @ Aurora Stadium  (Read 6297 times)

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Coburg team vs. Tasmania
« Reply #45 on: August 20, 2007, 01:27:12 PM »
Krakouer - Cant believe WP had him in his best at any stage.  Had a 5 minute good patch where he kicked a goal, maybe 2, and took a strong mark and kicked a good pass to Schulz.  But that was it.  I think he's gone, embarrassing display, incredibly lazy in second efforts and off the ball.

Only had him in there because he was being tagged heavily and was asked to do a job and did it. It's the 1%ers of Krak that are his strength and he did well with those again yesterday

Thought he was lazy and 1%ers werent really there for most of the game.

Tasmania: Hansen
WTF?  Schulz kicked 9 on him!  :whistle

I think you'll find Hnasen only played on him in the 2nd half and did OK. Led Jay to a few contests in 3rd

It was at least at the start of the 2nd because that's when Coburg were kicking up the end I was at and he was certainly his opponent.

In the first it looked like Hanson down the other end standing the mark a couple of times so I assumed he had him the whole game but it wasnt completely clear.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
Re: Coburg vs. Tassie @ Aurora Stadium
« Reply #46 on: August 20, 2007, 04:48:43 PM »
fantastic sum up Tigersalive  :cheers

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #47 on: August 20, 2007, 06:58:38 PM »
Any Questions, ask away.
Great report tigersalive  :clapping  :cheers  :bow. Good to hear positive reports on Cass from both yourself and WP.

How was JON's decision making? Did he kick longer?

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #48 on: August 20, 2007, 10:12:25 PM »

Probably the best it's been for weeks (decision making) and the kicking was alot beetter too - more depth. Best thing I liked was his attackon the football - didn't take a backward step, attacked didn't stand back waiting for the ball to be flicked out
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #49 on: August 20, 2007, 10:37:23 PM »
just goes to show you can't use stereotypes when rating players.

Heaps of people esp on bigfooty bag the crap out of JON and Blingers, calling them absolute dud picks, and most of them probably haven't even seen them play

Both are starting to show something and sticking it to their knockers  :clapping

Offline Fwoy3

• Un-unRichmondlike
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shut the eff up Jack!
« Reply #50 on: August 21, 2007, 10:57:15 AM »
just goes to show you can't use stereotypes when rating players.

Heaps of people esp on bigfooty bag the crap out of JON and Blingers, calling them absolute dud picks, and most of them probably haven't even seen them play

Both are starting to show something and sticking it to their knockers  :clapping

That's because most fans expect instant gratification. If we had a team of solid players around them, this may be possible as the expectations need not be so high. As soon as these players string five good games together, they'll be lauded by the same knockers as champions of the "I knew it all along he would be a star" category.
My parents bought me a Richmond jumper and enrolled me in a junior footy clinic in 1981...look at me now.

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #51 on: August 21, 2007, 11:44:51 AM »
our kids are not the probel at the club, never were,  the only kid i worry about is meyer, not cos he hasnt got the talent, just feel he does not want to be here.

we will be fine as soon as all the cancer and serial failures and chokers leave the club

the main aim is to ensure the cancer does not spread to the kids

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #52 on: August 21, 2007, 01:02:09 PM »

Only going by how I viewed and what I heard out in the huddle during the breaks  :thumbsup

Actually can't believe I got out there seeing they said you weren't alowed to do it  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #53 on: August 21, 2007, 01:50:34 PM »

Only going by how I viewed and what I heard out in the huddle during the breaks  :thumbsup

Actually can't believe I got out there seeing they said you weren't alowed to do it  ;D

Yeah well by going out there you'd know what he was meant to be doing better than me but I was hoping for much more impact.

I dont think they're too worried given its only the VFL.  They left most of the people that wandered on to listen to the huddle but kicked off the 8 year old kids having a kick, expect that though.  :(
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #54 on: August 21, 2007, 05:28:27 PM »
Probably the best it's been for weeks (decision making) and the kicking was alot beetter too - more depth. Best thing I liked was his attackon the football - didn't take a backward step, attacked didn't stand back waiting for the ball to be flicked out
Cheers WP. Let's hope JON keeps that up against the better sides.

I dont think they're too worried given its only the VFL.  They left most of the people that wandered on to listen to the huddle but kicked off the 8 year old kids having a kick, expect that though.  :(
Yeah because little kids having kick-to-kick near the goals for a couple of minutes really damages the turf  ::).
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Coburg vs. Tassie match report (Coburg site)
« Reply #55 on: August 22, 2007, 04:49:13 PM »
Match Report Vs Tasmania
coburgtigers.com.au

For the second time this season the Tigers traveled down to Aurora Stadium to take on the Tassie Devils. After a solid win the last time the 2 sides met Coburg were favorites to take away the points again, and that is exactly what they did.

The game was all over at half time, with Coburg up by 9 goals. Tasmania fought back in the last quarter to keep the scoreboard looking half respectable, but the Burgers ran out comfortable 10 goals victors.

With one match to go before the finals begin the Burgers sit in third spot; and disregarding a five hundred point victory next week, Coburg will finish in third spot and have a double chance at the finals.

Jay Schultz was on fire for the Burgers up forward kicking 9 goals in a best on field performance. Schultz sure had his kicking boot on as he slotted goals from everywhere. It was a very accurate Coburg outfit this week as they kicked 24 goals 10.

The Burgers had the game sewn up and half time, as they kicked seven and eight goals respectively in the first two quarters against Tassie’s total of six. Coburg added another seven goals after the main break, while Tasmania could only manage two. The ¾ time scoreboard showed Coburg had kicked an incredibly accurate 22 goals 8.

The Burgers took their foot off the pedal in the last quarter, as Tassie kicked six goals to two, but the damage had been done and Coburg flew back to Melbourne with another solid victory.

Al Neville was again prominent in winning the hard ball out of the middle and delivering it in style to the Burger forwards. He was well supported from Nick Carnell.

Jarrad Oakley-Nicholls excited the Tasmanian crowd with his blistering pace and freakish skill, while Patrick Bowden seems to have shaken off all his injury woes and played another solid game. He will be a real bonus come finals time.

Captain Travis Ronaldson has also fought off a month of injury trouble and played his first game in four weeks. Things look to be settling well at Burger land, with key players coming back and playing well… all at the right end of the season.

Coburg face top of the table Sandringham this week, in what will be a good tester a week out before finals. The Tigers have the luxury of knowing they can’t loose third position, and will be able to take a “nothing to lose attitude” into the game.

Coburg Tigers
7.4 15.6 22.8 24.10 (154)

Tasmania
3.2 6.3 8.4 14.7 (91)

Goal Kickers
J. Schulz 9, P. Bowden 3, C. Hyde 2, C. Hughes 2, A. Krakouer 2, M. White, P. Shelton, A. Neville, F. Caruso, J. Gazzo, T. Ronaldson

Best Players
J. Schulz, A. Neville, J. Oakley-Nicholls, N. Carnell, P. Bowden, K. Moore

Reserves

The reserves had a fight on their hands on Sunday, but prevailed and came away with a 27 point victory.

The Coburg two’s would of expected an easy win, as the Bullants sat second last on the ladder, however this was not the case. The Burgers trailed by 7 points at half time, before Pots had a stern word to them at the main break and helped kick them back into gear. Coburg outran the Bullants in the second half kicking eight goals to two.

Damien Rayson and Matthew Vasilevski were best for Coburg.

The reserves can sew up top spot if they can get over Sandringham next week.

Coburg Tigers
2.1 4.3 9.4 12.5 (77)

Northern Bullants
2.2 5.4 6.7 7.8 (50)

Goal Kickers
R. Dagher 2, N. Liddle 2, J. Mullins 2, R. Trajkovski 2, D. Rayson, C. McErlain, A. Horne, M. Sewell

Best Players
D. Rayson, M. Vasilevski, J. Mullins, M. Sewell, T. Simpson, G. Carrick

http://coburgtigers.com.au/