Author Topic: Coburg vs. Tassie @ Aurora Stadium  (Read 6307 times)

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
Re: Coburg vs. Tassie @ Aurora Stadium
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2007, 05:22:16 PM »
i know its only vfl, but when is the last time richo bagged 9, or even more than 5!??

since when were you a sarge fan  :rollin

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2007, 06:06:45 PM »
Coburg has secured 3rd spot  :clapping. So we'll meet Geelong in a qualifying final no matter what happens next week against Sandy.

Good on Sarge for kicking a lazy 9 but probably not the week that it'll win him promotion. Jack did enough to keep his spot and we'll want runners against the Bombers to expose their lack of pace in the midfield. Cass must be close now to his debut.

The VFL site has Knobel and Collins listed in the ressies squad today although neither is mentioned in the bests/goals.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2007, 06:24:48 PM »
Gotta promote Schulz on the back of that performance.

7 goals in a half. 9 for the game. Great stuff!! :clapping :clapping

I'd be interested as to how he got most of his goals.
If anyone saw the match I'd appreciate an answer to this.

Not many 22 year olds around kicking 9 in the VFL.
Jay will be at Tigerland next season to see out his contract.
I hope he finally kicks on..

Also very good to see JON & Casserley named in the best.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2007, 07:47:01 PM »
Schulz, Peterson, JON, Hughes, White, Casserly, Moore, Pat Bowden, Hyde and Krakouer played for Coburg today.

Only Knobel played in the ressies.

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2007, 08:28:16 PM »
i know its only vfl, but when is the last time richo bagged 9, or even more than 5!??

since when were you a sarge fan  :rollin

not a fan of his ethic and workrate thats all

jay is the complete opposite to richo

richo 100% effort - 30% reward

jay 30% effort - 85% reward(his kicking has been a bit off this yr otheriwse he is 95% reward)

jay can improve his work ethic and fitness, richo is a lost cause

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2007, 08:32:05 PM »
sorry X, thought you wanted sarge gone  :scream

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2007, 10:50:14 PM »

jay 30% effort - 85% reward(his kicking has been a bit off this yr otheriwse he is 95% reward)

It'd be an awesome player if you combined the two.

Hey maybe if they keep running into each other enough it'll happen. ;D

PS: Any detailed reports on Jay's performance today would be appreciated.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2007, 11:03:06 PM »

It'd be an awesome player if you combined the two.

Hey maybe if they keep running into each other enough it'll happen. ;D
:rollin

9 goals even at VFL level would normally have people excited but because it was only against Tassie who haven't won a game in yonks and only 2 for the year it won't be rated as highly especially for an AFL listed player. Still you can only play the opposition put before you and good on Sarge for making the most of it.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2007, 11:25:45 PM »
Round 21 last year against the Bombers. Richo snagged 9.

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Coburg team vs. Tasmania
« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2007, 11:47:08 PM »
Turned up today with blues skies, a tad chilly but a beautiful day with no wind and Coburg already up 21-7 after about 8 minutes.  We continued to dominate for 3 quarters, particularly the first half before Tassie came home with a wet sail in the last.

White - Played on ball basically all game and I loved his endeavour.  Did some good things but probably not enough to get a call up.  Didnt recognise him for a little while, kept looking at the kid in 35 and wondering who the impostor was.  It was just he doesn't have a mop anymore!  :lol
Very smart footballer with great courage, worth keeping for sure.

Moore - Surprised he got in the best.  Played a regulation game, although the ball didnt make it down there much until the last.  I thought Sylvester was much better.

Silvester - Draft him.  Like Thursty, he gets to contests and spoils very effectively.  Very impressed.

Casserly - Most of First quarter wasnt pretty, I thought he would never get a call up this year if he kept it up but completely turned it around and had a great final 3 quarters.  I'd be surprised if he didnt debut this week.

Krakouer - Cant believe WP had him in his best at any stage.  Had a 5 minute good patch where he kicked a goal, maybe 2, and took a strong mark and kicked a good pass to Schulz.  But that was it.  I think he's gone, embarrassing display, incredibly lazy in second efforts and off the ball.

Oakley-Nicholls - The main man I came to see, and he certainly didnt let me down.  The faith is kept.  :thumbsup   Had a wonderful game, just one clanger early and one late among a raft of possessions.  Should be rewarded with a call up this week.  :clapping

P. Bowden - You can see it's all bread and butter for him, he's a class above them, but only for 5 minutes a quarter.  Disturbing.  :-\

Hughes  - Had a gem of a second quarter with two A1 passes to Schulz and another 1 of his own in an incredibly strong mark.  Also kicked one in third but it wasnt enough.  Unsighted in the 1st and 4th quarters.

Hyde - He did ok.  I cant say I noticed him much.  Couple of cameo goals.  Not enough from a 25 year old.  Shouldnt be left out of delist contention.

Peterson - On and off the bench all day.  Does some wonderful things, his second efforts are fantastic and works hard after possessions, doesnt sit on his laurels.  Cant see him playing this year, not fit enough.  Great prospect though.

Schulz - I dont know if he kicked any of the first three but he took Lachlan Hanson to town in the first half kicking 6 by my count while I was there.  Took every opportunity and drilled it.  Second half fade in goals but I didnt think it was his fault personally, he kept working very hard off the ball defensively but the delivery to him was a grade below the first half with awkward half olies, kicks missing the target and the boys who were delivering it earlier, Gazzo especially, started blazing instead of spotting up targets.  I'm sure he'll take 9 though.  :thumbsup

Neville - Named in the best but I didnt think he was that effective.  Looks like a very good VFL player and nothing more.  :shh   I'd like to be proved wrong.

TA's RFC Best: Schulz, JoN, White & Cass.

Any Questions, ask away.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2007, 08:19:43 AM by tigersalive »
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2007, 11:55:54 PM »
Round 21 last year against the Bombers. Richo snagged 9.

he did, v a team that was shambles and a player that is a hack.

but richo did do it, but we only just won the game , but really , richo has lost his mojo

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2007, 12:00:12 AM »
Turned up today with blues skies, a tad chilly but a beautiful day with Coburg already up 21-7 after about 8 minutes.  We continued to dominate for 3 quarters, particularly the first half before Tassie came home with a wet sail in the last.

White - Played on ball basically all game and I loved his endeavour.  Did some good things but probably not enough to get a call up.  Didnt recognise him for a little while, kept looking at the kid in 35 and wondering who the impostor was.  It was just he doesn't have a mop anymore!  :lol
Very smart footballer with great courage, worth keeping for sure.

Moore - Surprised he got in the best.  Played a regulation game, although the ball didnt make it down there much until the last.  I thought Sylvester was much better.

Silvester - Draft him.  Like Thursty, he gets to contests and spoils very effectively.  Very impressed.

Casserly - Most of First quarter wasnt pretty, I thought he would never get a call up this year if he kept it up but completely turned it around and had a great final 3 quarters.  I'd be surprised if he didnt debut this week.

Krakouer - Cant believe WP had him in his best at any stage.  Had a 5 minute good patch where he kicked a goal, maybe 2, and took a strong mark and kicked a good pass to Schulz.  But that was it.  I think he's gone, embarrassing display, incredibly lazy in second efforts and off the ball.

Oakley-Nicholls - The main man I came to see, and he certainly didnt let me down.  The faith is kept.  :thumbsup   Had a wonderful game, just one clanger early and one late among a raft of possessions.  Should be rewarded with a call up this week.  :clapping

P. Bowden - You can see it's all bread and butter for him, he's a class above them, but only for 5 minutes a quarter.  Disturbing.  :-\

Hughes  - Had a gem of a second quarter with two A1 passes to Schulz and another 1 of his own in an incredibly strong mark.  Also kicked one in third but it wasnt enough.  Unsighted in the 1st and 4th quarters.

Hyde - He did ok.  I cant say I noticed him much.  Couple of cameo goals.  Not enough from a 25 year old.  Shouldnt be left out of delist contention.

Peterson - On and off the bench all day.  Does some wonderful things, his second efforts are fantastic and works hard after possessions, doesnt sit on his laurels.  Cant see him playing this year, not fit enough.  Great prospect though.

Schulz - I dont know if he kicked any of the first three but he took Lachlan Hanson to town in the first half kicking 6 by my count while I was there.  Took every opportunity and drilled it.  Second half fade in goals but I didnt think it was his fault personally, he kept working very hard off the ball defensively but the delivery to him was a grade below the first half with awkward half olies, kicks missing the target and the boys who were delivering it earlier, Gazzo especially, started blazing instead of spotting up targets.  I'm sure he'll take 9 though.  :thumbsup

Neville - Named in the best but I didnt think he was that effective.  Looks like a very good VFL player and nothing more.  :shh   I'd like to be proved wrong.

TA's RFC Best: Schulz, JoN, White & Cass.

thanx TA

great report

i like u have faith in JON!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #42 on: August 20, 2007, 04:00:47 AM »
From the Age:
Chris Walker | August 20, 2007

Coburg full-forward Jay Schultz booted nine goals as the Tigers disposed of last-placed Tasmania by 63 points.

Coburg will finish third irrespective of next week's results and therefore face the challenge of playing a rampant Geelong in the first week of the finals.

"We've got to play Sandringham next so we will worry about Geelong in a couple of weeks," said coach Andy Collins.

"Today was a great win and Jay was obviously the stand-out for us up forward." Alister Neville continued his impressive season with 27 possessions.

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/eight-straight-wins-for-the-zebras/2007/08/19/1187462087358.html

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2007, 09:34:50 AM »
2007 TRUenergy VFL Seniors

Tasmania          3.2  6.3    8.4   14.7 (91)
Coburg Tigers   7.4  15.6  22.8  24.10 (154)

GOALS:
Tasmania: Derbyshire 3 Howard 3 Adams 3 Fielding  Grima  Hall  limpan  Cornelius
Coburg Tigers: Schulz 9 P.Bowden 3 Krakouer 2 Hughes 2 Hyde 2 Shelton  Caruso  Ronaldson  Neville  Gazzo  White

BEST:
Tasmania: Adams Stephens Geappen Goldstein Hansen Street
Coburg Tigers: Schulz Neville Oakley-Nicholls Carnell P.Bowden Moore

REPORTED PLAYERS:
Tasmania: Nil
Coburg Tigers: Nil

http://reg.sportingpulse.com/olr_v3/rpt_progressive.cgi?a=MR_&aID=8&ext=1

WTF?  Schulz kicked 9 on him!  :whistle
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2007, 01:23:17 PM »

Only had him in there because he was being tagged heavily and was asked to do a job and did it. It's the 1%ers of Krak that are his strength and he did well with those again yesterday

Sensational 3rd qtr in particular - quality possessions.

Tasmania: Hansen
WTF?  Schulz kicked 9 on him!  :whistle

I think you'll find Hnasen only played on him in the 2nd half and did OK. Led Jay to a few contests in 3rd
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)