Author Topic: freo game thread  (Read 2783 times)

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: freo game thread
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2008, 06:18:50 PM »

Contact between Fremantle's Jeff Farmer and Richmond's Shane Ewards from the third quarter of Saturday's match was assessed. It was the view of the panel the impact was below that required to constitute a reportable offence. No further action was taken. 

Good decision.  The 50 on the day was all it was worth.  Also helped to reinforce in Freo's eyes that Farmer is a liability not worth persevering with.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2008, 07:57:17 PM »
If you accept that sort of performance then good for you. I was very, very disappointed with how we went about our football. That game today was not 'great signs', it was a regression to the sort of football that has kept us at the bottom. All the good work we did last week was largely undone and at that sort of level, there are only two teams in the league we would have beaten.

I don't expect us to make the finals, but it's all about how we play and the performance today was nothing to be impressed by. Poor skills, poor decision making, the gap between our best and worst is still massive. Hopefully against Melbourne we can execute well for 4 quarters.
We didn't turn up mentally IMO. Showed up in our lack of pressure, intensity and discipline as a team and especially in the midfield from the first bounce. In the end we got across the line thanks to a few special individual efforts plus 15 minutes of decent footy at the start of the last quarter. You're right jezza about there still being a massive game between our best and worst but that's happened all year. I think by the players' reaction or lack of it when the siren went showed thew knew they had played poorly. Richo when interviewed straight after the game admitted we didn't play well. I guess it's a good sign when they are unsatisfied with just a win.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2008, 08:21:47 PM »
A little credit does have to go to Freo
They shut down out play makers by going on on one around the ground