Author Topic: freo game thread  (Read 2780 times)

Offline jezza

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: freo game thread
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2008, 05:21:16 PM »
I've never walked away from a win feeling so disappointed before.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2008, 05:35:23 PM »
a win is a win but........

we have got a serious problem firing ourselves up to win games we need to.
this game we just won..

the blues and crows- lost.

Tuck, lids and simmo- best on ground by far
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2008, 06:00:46 PM »
First time in a long time that Richmond have won a game that they were expected to win to keep them in finals contention.

Was not necessarily an inspirational win, more of a grind, but during a full season you gotta have a couple of those.

Pav being a late withdrawal certainly helped the cause.

bushranger

« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2008, 06:41:45 PM »
All excuses aside. I don't care if they had half their team out. We won and thats what counts, oh plus the 4 points for the win. Again I'm a happy boy that rang his son and sang the song to him. He gets it that we won when I do that. Then I do the same thing when the wife is at work when we play.
Just gotta love that winning feeling.

Offline 2JD

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2008, 07:33:41 PM »
The strange thing with me is, last week I stressed the whole game until the 15 minute mark of the last quarter when I finally thought there was no way we could lose, but today I was relaxed and just took it for granted that we would win, even tho we fell over the line in the end :gotigers

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2008, 08:20:09 PM »
Would of been nice to man up Hayden at some stage.

Offline moose

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2008, 10:12:07 PM »
I've never walked away from a win feeling so disappointed before.

obv you are not a true fan or maybe expect too much. we won thats all that matters. freo play better without pav, and we were imo still fatigued from last week and played one man down. big mistake playing foley, he is injured  and should not play. also patto should have played , he at least puts in around the ground and was pretty good today for the burgers.

todays score did not reflect the game, we looked the far better team, 20 scoring shots for 15 goals , probably our worst efficiency up fwd all yr. if it was  20 goals 10 and not 15 . 15  we would have been happier, but gees we missed easy goals today.

i never feel disappointed after a win, and freo have been in pretty good form and play a very physical game

well done tigers, the doggies draw and saints loss is gonna bite us in the bum. but gr8 signs for next year, we have won 7 of our last 10, next year will be 8 out of 11, bring on 2009

Offline jezza

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2008, 10:26:12 PM »
If you accept that sort of performance then good for you. I was very, very disappointed with how we went about our football. That game today was not 'great signs', it was a regression to the sort of football that has kept us at the bottom. All the good work we did last week was largely undone and at that sort of level, there are only two teams in the league we would have beaten.

I don't expect us to make the finals, but it's all about how we play and the performance today was nothing to be impressed by. Poor skills, poor decision making, the gap between our best and worst is still massive. Hopefully against Melbourne we can execute well for 4 quarters.

ps please don't try this "you're not a true fan" rubbish, you embarass yourself.

Offline moose

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2008, 10:31:22 PM »
not every game and win can be "pretty"

geelong at the start of the year won many games based on 15 minutes of good footy and the rest ugly poor footy. but u dont see cat fans complaining about it. usually when a team goes out to play they have an opposition playing against them, and the way they play can have a major impact on the way you play.

we won, we have an extra 4pts, im happy

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2008, 10:34:37 PM »
At first I was disappointed but plenty more teams have been more than tested by Freo this year and a game like that we would have lost not so long ago.

A good fighting win when we appeared dead on our feet in the last quarter tiring after a 6-day break. It wasnt pretty but it was 4 points. :clapping
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline moose

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2008, 10:35:49 PM »
At first I was disappointed but plenty more teams have been more than tested by Freo this year and a game like that we would have lost not so long ago.

A good fighting win when we appeared dead on our feet in the last quarter tiring after a 6-day break. It wasnt pretty but it was 4 points. :clapping

exactlty

Offline 3rogerd

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2008, 12:18:17 AM »
the good sides in that situation always get up...does that make us a good side...perhaps?

all i know is that it will definately benefit the younger blokes in future seasons...roll on 09 :thumbsup

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2008, 06:06:38 PM »
Farmer's brain fade passed the MRP

Contact between Fremantle's Jeff Farmer and Richmond's Shane Ewards from the third quarter of Saturday's match was assessed. It was the view of the panel the impact was below that required to constitute a reportable offence. No further action was taken. 

http://www.afl.com.au/News/NEWSARTICLE/tabid/208/Default.aspx?newsId=66262

Ox

« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2008, 06:13:27 PM »

this is a bit sus... :lol