Author Topic: Kingy  (Read 2730 times)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Kingy
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2009, 09:23:25 PM »
We've been here before. Chris Hyde, Greg Tivendale. Blokes who gave there all and we stuck with because every now and then against a backdrop of ordinary performances they would put in a decent effort. In Hyde's case around 2005 he had a very good season as a run-with player, was very tradeable but was gone two years later.

King might just be saved because i) there is so much scheizen on our list and ii) he is completely untradeable given that he has the rep as being the worst kick in footy, but I wouldn't be miffed if he was shown the door.

i agree in some part. We have been sucked into keeping this type of player before.

That being said there are a lot worse than Jake King. FACT!!
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2009, 09:45:48 PM »
Grant Thomas on Footy Classifed las tnight suggested that Jake King is the type of player you can build a culture around short term.

In that the way he goes about playing is the way players should play for one another. He want onto say his isn't likely to be a long term player to take us to the holy grail but short term he epitomises the values you want in your playing group

Thought it was interesting
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Tigermonk

« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2009, 07:19:49 AM »
Grant Thomas on Footy Classifed las tnight suggested that Jake King is the type of player you can build a culture around short term.

In that the way he goes about playing is the way players should play for one another. He want onto say his isn't likely to be a long term player to take us to the holy grail but short term he epitomises the values you want in your playing group

Thought it was interesting

l fully agree with Thomas, King shows mongrel & thats what every Richmond player should show on the ground.
We been too soft on field for many years. If we hurt the opposition by ruffing them up, Then that would be great to watch as l like a bit of fight & blood in games  ;D

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2009, 01:18:17 PM »
Can Jake King be the new Tony Liberatore of the competition ?

I like having a mongrel dog in the team.

Dont think Jake is in any danger of winning a Brownlow though.
Unleash the tornado

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2009, 01:20:19 PM »
i think he has enough to offer to warrant a place in the side, I agree with earlier remark there are alot worse players on the list than Jake King.. :shh
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2009, 01:23:19 PM »
He did a good job. The reason Didak got 29 possies was because King had no help.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2009, 04:42:34 PM »
For a laugh have a look at a new thread on BF started by a bored "tiger-talker":

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=619194

:lol

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2009, 04:10:21 PM »
Keep him for another year.

Has balls. Turbo ferrat.

Could be a good tagger. As long as he is not in the bloody backline.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2009, 04:16:53 PM »
From having him practically totally written off I have now gone to practically a must keep to show the young players how to play with passion, guts and attitude. 

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2009, 07:28:49 PM »
Jade has defended Kingy in his EOTT report. Here's a snippet:

"Jake King was pretty disciplined on Alan Didak throughout the game. Didak had a reasonable impact, but King really kept persisting in his role on him. ‘Kingy’ is hungry and plays for his life every week. He gets some big jobs and he’s a bit of a tone-setter as far as being committed to sticking to a task for four quarters.

I can assure you that we didn’t instruct Jake to use any unsavoury tactics on opponents during the game. That’s something I would never encourage. But there’s no doubt that Kingy is prepared to compete, and to compete hard, every time he pulls on the Richmond guernsey."

Rawlings full report here: http://210.50.4.102/rfc/