Author Topic: Kingy  (Read 2732 times)

Offline Bateman

• Jack Dyer medallist
Kingy
« on: August 03, 2009, 12:01:35 PM »
Don't mind the bloke.. Love his mongrel..

Lol when he shepherded Dees bigman Spencer then gave him the stare as if to say ' STAY DOWN'...  ;D :thumbsup

Offline HD

• Future Richmond star
Re: Kingy
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2009, 03:01:58 PM »
We need a couple more like Kingy, just maybe a bit cleaner with the ball. That 'I don't care how big you are' attitude is something that is needed to beat the Geelong's and St Kilda's of the competition.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2009, 03:04:16 PM »
King is in the best 22 when he follows his role accordingly. I love him as a tagger and midfielder, like the style he plays at Coburg.

Should not be in the back pocket on Milne, Betts types as he gives too many free kicks away and efficiency by foot can be too costly close to goal.

There is a spot for him in the midfield, I would like him to stay clear of the back 50 though. His last few games have been excellent. His Cousin is also gorgeous lol.
Go Tigers!

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2009, 04:05:26 PM »
i like his 'tagging' role in the midfield.

if he can turn out to be a "Steven Baker" that might be not so bad.

defence he turns the football over, like we all know, however, if he is going to be a 'tagger' he must learn to find his own football too.

his 'attitude' is terrific, aggressive at the football and the man.

i don't mind him giving away free kicks for head high tackles, giving away free kicks are no good, but just lets the opposition know he is on them, just

don't give away free kicks in the defensive forward fifty.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2009, 05:58:32 PM »

i don't mind him giving away free kicks for head high tackles, giving away free kicks are no good, but just lets the opposition know he is on them, just

don't give away free kicks in the defensive forward fifty.

And on that point torch, I think he cops an raw deal from the umpires.  His reputation unfairly precedes him.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2009, 10:31:01 PM »
he's put some humble pie on a view ample size mugs on internt forums...crazy why this bloke cops heat I could produce a list as long as my arm of similar players that get a gig week in week out in better sides...He's hard, tough, quick and his kicking is overplayed...efficiency in recent weeks would be in top 5 RFC players on the ground making a mockery of the hysteria that had him marked like dunkley..Leave him alone :thumbsup
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2009, 04:16:46 PM »
from the RFC site...

King, who was arguably the Tigers' best player for his successful shut down job on Rhyce Shaw, said he would exchange his solid performance for a better result for the team.

"Rhyce is one of their most damaging ball users. He leads the running bounces for the competition, and is just a real damaging player off half-back," he said.

"My instructions were to stick by him and play on him as much as I could, and not give him that freedom to run and to make the day pretty miserable for him.

"I tried to do that, it worked to a certain point, and he wasn't too happy with some things that were said and done.

"It was good to get a couple of kicks, but when the team loses, it's like everything is numb and your individual performance goes out the door.

"I'd rather give everything I did today for the team to get the four points on the board."

Rawlings described King's game against Shaw as "disciplined and hungry", and said his performance against the experienced Swan was the Tigers' "biggest win".

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/82371/default.aspx

Tigermonk

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2009, 04:51:59 PM »
Kingy is starting to do took much talking to the media & will find himself back at Coburg

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2009, 09:04:52 AM »
he's put some humble pie on a view ample size mugs on internt forums...crazy why this bloke cops heat I could produce a list as long as my arm of similar players that get a gig week in week out in better sides...He's hard, tough, quick and his kicking is overplayed...efficiency in recent weeks would be in top 5 RFC players on the ground making a mockery of the hysteria that had him marked like dunkley..Leave him alone :thumbsup

I am not really pro or against King but am enjoying his form of late.  However while I enjoy his good points he does has his bad, he is too short and found out in marking contests (although playing as a midfielder instead of as a defender helps), his over enthusiasm causes too many penalties against (although as least we know he has a heartbeat unlike some others  >:( ), and his disposal at times is as poor as anyone else's on our list.

Anyway I like a battler and it will be interesting to see how Kingy goes when (if  :o ) we become competitive.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2009, 10:50:21 AM »
King is in the best 22 when he follows his role accordingly. I love him as a tagger and midfielder, like the style he plays at Coburg.

Should not be in the back pocket on Milne, Betts types as he gives too many free kicks away and efficiency by foot can be too costly close to goal.

There is a spot for him in the midfield, I would like him to stay clear of the back 50 though. His last few games have been excellent. His Cousin is also gorgeous lol.

absolutley agree...he can play the game dont worry about that...simply dont understand the hysteria that goes against him, I could fill a few volumes of britannica on worse players that we've listed :o
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
King to make good on coach's faith
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2009, 10:52:48 AM »
King to make good on coach's faith

RICHMOND midfielder Jake King says he is determined to repay coach Jade Rawlings for the second chance he received five weeks ago by making himself an automatic selection every round next year. 

King, 25, had played just two senior games this year in rounds two and three before being recalled for the Tigers' round 15 clash with Carlton.

He said Rawlings – who coached him for seven games at Coburg this year - offered him a reprieve four weeks after Terry Wallace resigned as Richmond coach.

"Jade and Wayne [Campbell] and the coaching staff and leadership group and all the players have been right behind me the whole way," he told richmondfc.com.au.

"I stuck to the trademarks and behaviours, and Jade was with me at Coburg and said that as long as I kept doing the right thing, things would work out.

"He turned around and said: you've done everything I've asked, here's your spot, go and make the most of it."

King has played every game since round 15 and was Richmond's best player against the Sydney Swans on Sunday.

He said he couldn't explain how grateful he was to Rawlings and his support staff for the opportunity to return to the senior side. 

"Just to get given a second chance to get out there and do the right thing by the boys means a lot to me," he said.

"It gives me a chance to make up for all the things I've done wrong in the last 12 months, and all the injuries I've had.

"It's good to finally put them behind me and actually move forward, and keep going forward with the group."

King, who came to Richmond via the 2007 NAB AFL Rookie Draft, has one year left to run on his current contract.

He said he was determined to remain in the side for the final three games of the home-and-away season, and was focussed on establishing his worth for a regular spot next season.

"On an individual basis, I want to be there at the end of the year ... to show them I can be a part of the side next year, and hopefully we can get a few wins on the board to take into the next season.

"It's a good feeling if you can win a few games and take that into the next season, because with a bit more confidence with the younger boys, it could be a good thing."

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/82461/default.aspx
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Tigermonk

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2009, 11:43:29 AM »
Just think Kingy was going backwards under Wallet

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2009, 12:40:44 PM »
Like most people I had Jake King in the "Never ever again" category.His form over the last month has been so solid that its no longer an issue that he stays on the list in 2010....even if hes just a depth player.

Great to see him kicking goals rather than conceding them through turnovers.
Unleash the tornado

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2009, 05:18:56 PM »
We've been here before. Chris Hyde, Greg Tivendale. Blokes who gave there all and we stuck with because every now and then against a backdrop of ordinary performances they would put in a decent effort. In Hyde's case around 2005 he had a very good season as a run-with player, was very tradeable but was gone two years later.

King might just be saved because i) there is so much scheizen on our list and ii) he is completely untradeable given that he has the rep as being the worst kick in footy, but I wouldn't be miffed if he was shown the door.

Tigermonk

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2009, 05:44:54 PM »
Tivendale & Hyde had no fight in them like King & you dont delist blokes like this one. his mature