Author Topic: Rate a Tiger's year - 30. Richie Tambling?  (Read 1891 times)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
Re: Rate a Tiger's year - 30. Richie Tambling?
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2009, 06:41:09 PM »
Started poorly but improved significantly as the year wore on. Can still be prone to basic errors and gets tackled too much for my liking. Needs to lessen the gap between his worst and his best. I gave him a 6 overall. I can only hope a new coach can delve the secret that is R Tambling. Needs to get to an 8 by this stage of his career with his experience at this level. If he has a full pre season and has no injury and we find at times he is struggling and is still lacking consistency he may be up for trade. That is reality. Six years in the system we can't still hold out hope.

He gets tackled cause he is one of the only blokes who takes the game on and trys to run with the ball

Hellenic Tiger

Re: Rate a Tiger's year - 30. Richie Tambling?
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2009, 11:08:05 PM »
Started poorly but improved significantly as the year wore on. Can still be prone to basic errors and gets tackled too much for my liking. Needs to lessen the gap between his worst and his best. I gave him a 6 overall. I can only hope a new coach can delve the secret that is R Tambling. Needs to get to an 8 by this stage of his career with his experience at this level. If he has a full pre season and has no injury and we find at times he is struggling and is still lacking consistency he may be up for trade. That is reality. Six years in the system we can't still hold out hope.

He gets tackled cause he is one of the only blokes who takes the game on and trys to run with the ball
No excuse if he was that good he would have the finesse to break the tackles. His last three games of the year are evidence he has heaps of work to do in that department.