Author Topic: Rate a Tiger's year - 30. Richie Tambling?  (Read 1938 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Rate a Tiger's year - 30. Richie Tambling?
« on: October 12, 2009, 02:25:20 PM »
After struggling in the first month of year and infamously playing without sleep against the Bulldogs in round 3, Tambling played 20 games this year to take his career tally to 95. In a bit of a breakout year, he reached 20 or possessions per game 12 times compared to only 5 times in his first 4 years. His best effort was 31 disposals against Adelaide up at Carrara.

Games    Disposals  Marks    Tackles   G.B        1st poss   Clear    In50    Re50    Bnc    1%ers   Err
2005:     12            9.3       3.4        2.1     9.4
2006:     20          12.0       4.4        2.3    14.19
2007:     21          13.6       4.7        2.5    17.9
2008:     22          17.5       5.1        3.3    10.9            2.0       1.6      3.2      1.5     1.1      3.9     4.8
2009:     20          21.5       6.4        3.2     8.11           1.6       2.2      3.4      2.1     1.0      3.6     1.8

http://finalsiren.com/PlayerStats.asp?PlayerID=1564&SeasonID=ALL
http://www.pro-stats.com.au/psw/web/player_profile?pid=2005096

How did we all rate Blingers' year?

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
Re: Rate a Tiger's year - 30. Richie Tambling?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2009, 02:43:41 PM »
One of our only 'untouchables'  :bow

Offline Dogga

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2009, 03:16:01 PM »
The stats clearly show that he has improved every year, which is what you want in a player.

What the stats don't show is confidence. His confidence (after seeing the hypnotherapist or whoever it was) has grown and it impacted on his footy in a very positive way. Totally different player after he was dropped and if he continues to improve, he will be right up there as one of the elite midfielders in the AFL.

I think this year you could argue that he had a better season than Franklin for the first time. Only took 5 years  ;D

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2009, 03:26:06 PM »
Have a look at his average errors! Shows exactly what Dogga was pointing out - confidence is the key to Blingers success. Remember his first game in the NAB Cup?!  :bow After that he got injured and struggled to find his self belief especially when Buddy started to make such an impact.

Hope he can continue to believe he is the champion we all know him to be  :cheers

Stripes

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2009, 04:22:08 PM »
If he can take another step up in 2010 like he did this year then his critics will certainly be enjoying the taste of their foot in their mouth
I gave him an 8, solid year, shown that he truly does have the ability and can be an elite player of the comp if he wants to be
I'd be happy with the same output for next year, but across all 22 rounds rather than the slightly inconsistent year he had in 2009

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2009, 07:49:19 PM »
If he can take another step up in 2010 like he did this year then his critics will certainly be enjoying the taste of their foot in their mouth
I gave him an 8, solid year, shown that he truly does have the ability and can be an elite player of the comp if he wants to be
I'd be happy with the same output for next year, but across all 22 rounds rather than the slightly inconsistent year he had in 2009

spot on Infamy and he is a quality person and will make up part of a fine group of young players to lead our club over the next 8 years.
He was always going to take some time to settle.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2009, 07:55:14 PM »
Started poorly but improved significantly as the year wore on. Can still be prone to basic errors and gets tackled too much for my liking. Needs to lessen the gap between his worst and his best. I gave him a 6 overall. I can only hope a new coach can delve the secret that is R Tambling. Needs to get to an 8 by this stage of his career with his experience at this level. If he has a full pre season and has no injury and we find at times he is struggling and is still lacking consistency he may be up for trade. That is reality. Six years in the system we can't still hold out hope.

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2009, 07:59:08 PM »
Dropped off too much towards the very end of the season for my liking.

Ox

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2009, 08:02:19 PM »
6-7/10

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2009, 08:23:43 PM »
A bright light in otherwise dismal year

I gave him an 8

Mark up another one for a medical people - he played with a few injuries in the last few games of the season. Why? I'll never know  :banghead
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Jackstar is back

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2009, 09:20:36 PM »
A bright light in otherwise dismal year

I gave him an 8

Mark up another one for a medical people - he played with a few injuries in the last few games of the season. Why? I'll never know  :banghead

Does ""Dr Death "" get a "gig "" again next year ??? ::)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2009, 09:50:13 PM »
Very good year IMO, one of the best if not the best, certainly at times he was and for many games. Really need to progress next year and show it wasn't just a flash in the pan. Would really like to see him become an elite midfielder, he can do it no doubt!!!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2009, 11:45:27 PM »
One of a handful who improved in spite of Wallet.

8/10 for me but that's a number that's relative to his team mates, not the competition.
He's still got some work to do but signs are much better.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2009, 02:01:49 AM »
In what was such a morbid, soul destroying year -Richies form was my highlight.

Watching him "come of age" was the main reason I could continue to tolerate watching Richmond during the second half of the year.

However...I was a little disappointed he put the cue back in the rack after the Essendon victory (like most of his team mates) .

7/10
Unleash the tornado

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2009, 08:55:29 AM »
I gave 7.

Early in the season I would cringe every time he had the ball, later in the season I was glad to see the ball in his hands.

And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do