Author Topic: Who is our best midfielder?  (Read 2834 times)

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
Re: Who is our best midfielder?
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2010, 10:56:02 PM »
Thats the life of a footballer ad most sports figures in teh public eye. Its like the old saying that if you believe a lie enough it can become true. If teh media pump out enough about Lids not being a leader, not being able to shake a tag well etc etc people start to believe it and worse even the individual.

Lids is out best midfielder and I think he will be for 5-8 years. Cotchin may become captain and lead and Martin may get more of the footy more often than Brett may in 5 years times but I think you'll find a common stat is if Brett plays his best footy we will win more games than not.

If Deledio gets 3 votes its hard to see Richmond losing the game against anyone. May be an exaggeration but a good example is his 3rd qtr against Geelong in Round 2. Single handedly put us in a winning position with a best on quarter performance.

The future and his development (hopefully) is up to him though.
Go Tigers!

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2010, 09:12:07 PM »
also I'm sorry stripes, I'll get down off of the soapbox now. In fact I think I might sign off for good , it is hard knowing alot about the players and then reading some of the stuff that is written.

Lids is clearly our best midfielder and already rates among the top midfielders in the competition  yet still has a lot more potential to improve which is exciting. Having other midfielders that have the potential to support and possible challenge for the role as best Tigers midfielder is a wonderful thing not a slur on him personally. If what you say is true and he loves a challenge this this will only help him.

I wouldn't leave over a few comments dogged. People with even a semblance of understanding, reason and inside knowledge are always welcome on this forum. A close friend of my is the sister of our coach so I'm sure I'll be shaking my head and getting frustrated with many posters comments on him as time goes by.

Stripes

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2010, 11:46:25 PM »
With some many changes to our list who do you folks think is our best midfielder now and why?

Dustin Martin :P

why? you shall see!

:)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2010, 08:59:31 PM »
Brett Deledio - Because he is by a clear margin. Elite speed, clean disposal, brilliant mark, now works both ways after Wallace's departure. He will get more support in 2010 so should step up another level again.

I would also say Cousins would give Deledio a run for his money

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2010, 03:00:14 AM »
Lids - by a fair way

Agreed WP.  We'll be a damn sight better side when he's got some genuine competition for the mantle.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2010, 06:28:02 PM »
I can see Cotch taking over the mantle in a few years but Lids has the runs on the board at the moment. If you base our best midfielder on who opposition coaches tag then Lids is seen as our main threat to them.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd