Author Topic: Hardwick on Fox Sports News tonight at 9pm  (Read 2787 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Hardwick on Fox Sports News tonight at 9pm
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2010, 08:58:34 PM »
A reminder Part II of Hardwick's interview is on tonight.

Once again if anyone with Foxtel can give the rest of us a run down on what Dimma says it would be very much appreciated  :).

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2010, 09:51:36 PM »
Okay, part 2.....

*richo going puts more responsibility on Jack, Mitch, Polly and the draftees from 2009
*cuz is crucial leadership, the only premiership player on the list. Drives the group, tells them what is needed
*cotch on individual program, won't rush him
*post and vickery, gained size but to expect highs and lows from them. Measure of their success is how good their bad games are this year
*dusty ready to go, he mentioned he is expecting improvement from Connors, thomson, hislop and polo this year
*did talk about getting more from players who have been on the list and taking them from c grade to b grade players
*confidence and belief is an amazing enabler. Need it to believe in themselves and the game plan
* lots of match play at training, stop start to question why were done the way they were done
*defence will be important, process is important, wins will come
*expectation on this year is that will be......wait for it.......

A DEVELOPMENT YEAR!!!!

Woo hoo!

It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2010, 10:39:54 PM »
Cheers for the summary Y&B  :cheers

No surprise about the development year comment. He's just stating the obvious.

Interesting Dimma said success for Ty and Postie will be measured by how they perform on their off days. Obviously pushing he wants consistency from everyone each and every week more than players yo-yoing between one impressive game and then doing nothing the next week.

Not sure about getting c-graders to b-graders especially if they've been around a few years on our list. If you don't have it you don't have it  :-\.

Good to hear he stops plays during training to question and make sure players know what they are doing and why. Something that never happened under Terry.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2010, 02:17:01 PM »
Not sure about getting c-graders to b-graders especially if they've been around a few years on our list. If you don't have it you don't have it  :-\.
Either Adelaide have the best recruiters in the country, or they succeed with their mantra that once they have the player on their list it is their job to get the best out of them as absolutely possible. I think they do pretty well there. StKilda has proven also that you really can polish a turd... or at least cover it in glitter.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2010, 04:38:39 PM »
Covering turds in glitter or turning c graders into b graders is not a blue print for success. Adelaide have been around the mark for 5 seasons and the best they have done is a prelim and St Kilda may have made more out of their players too but if they keep imploding in house every five or so years then there is no time for everything to be stable for a real sustained attack on the flag. They key for the Saints is if they have a poor season this year based on last years standards will they sack the coach or will the murmurings come from the players as evisenced in 1998 with Alves.

What I like about Hardwick is he is talking about a process.

Getting players he feels we need in the draft to address weaknesses in skills.
Talking about an on field process.
Stability off field with Benny Gale as CEO.
Board seems to be united for once with the coach. No knives out at this stage.
An unwaivering assault on achieving this goal and that the process will be adhered to regardless of initial results.
Even if Hardwick is not here if ultimate success is attained it may well possibly be as a result of a few things he has done.
Driven to succeed.
All players are equal. Coach has final say.
Place finally has some sort of direction rather than a sence of implosion.

I guess Adelaide have more of the aforementioned descriptions traditionally rather than the St Kilda example and even then its no guarantee of success but at least it will get the competitive juices pumping in the players you would think with all players travelling in the one direction rather than some speaking up and others being afraid to do so.

To me he has ticked all the boxes thus far. I am hopeful that his team can capably implement these values both on and off the field to the players and get us somewhere.
For me this season is like a free hit. I am not expecting much but if I get more than four or five wins I will be ecstatic. Being competitive is the key to learn these values effectively.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2010, 10:08:59 AM »
Either Adelaide have the best recruiters in the country, or they succeed with their mantra that once they have the player on their list it is their job to get the best out of them as absolutely possible. I think they do pretty well there. StKilda has proven also that you really can polish a turd... or at least cover it in glitter.
See if Joffa will let you borrow his bedazzler and you can put some rhinestones and studs on it too
Lots of people name their swords......